Masters of the WWE Universe

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters of the WWE Universe

Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:31 pm

No...it has to do with Ric’s tag line, and beating Charlotte. Please don’t give Roman undue credit/attention. That [email protected]#$ is all I see on the Wwe masters pegs.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:06 pm

featofstrength wrote: No...it has to do with Ric’s tag line, and beating Charlotte. Please don’t give Roman undue credit/attention. That [email protected]#$ is all I see on the Wwe masters pegs.
No.. BW is pretty bang on. At the time Roman was going around calling himself The Guy and there were a lot of other guys suggesting they were 'The Man in WWE' and all that. I wouldn't say it gives Roman any credit at all since he was just regurgitating what some ex-soap opera writer fed him. But Becky's 'The Man' thing was definitely based heavily in the dick measuring contest that was currently ongoing in the men's division, and kind of a brilliant way to mic drop on all of them at once.
All this lame ass dudes, most of which aren't worth being in the top spot bickering over who the 'man' is in the company and a female wrestler comes along and is like 'actually, I'M The Man, losers.' It was good stuff.

I also strongly disagree with any implication that Becky isn't a fantastic wrestler. Or that Charlotte has ever managed to become better than 'average.' Charlotte, in my opinion, is barely better than Eva Marie, but with a famous name that people actually care about.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:56 pm

I don’t know how long this cool line will go on for but hopefully another 4-5 waves before it fizzles out.

Just want to do a quick wish list for Classic characters I’d like to see made before the end.

1.Road Warriors*
2.Ric Flair*
3.Brett Hart
4.Booker T
5.Andre The Giant*
6.Mr Perfect
7.Iron Sheik
8.Sid Vicious
9.Vince McMahon
10.Sgt. Slaughter
11.Brock Lesnar
12.Shawn Michaels

*Most wanted
PG-Superfan
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:14 am

Iron Shiek, Sgt. Slaughter, The Road Warriors, and Lou Albano are three I see brought up over and over again.

The Road Warriors are a bit polarizing because if you lean into the MOTU crossover gimmick, they're the best choice to do as Twobad, the two headed MOTU villain. So more MOTU crossover fans want them as a single two headed figure and wrestling fans want them separate.

Sgt. Slaughter would be really cool since he and Piper were also G.I.Joe toys and had a rivalry there. Piper was brought in a few years back via a convention exclusive to be Slaughter's evil rival.

Mean Gene also comes up a lot as a retro request.
KnightDamien

Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:38 am

PG-Superfan wrote: The Road Warriors are a bit polarizing because if you lean into the MOTU crossover gimmick, they're the best choice to do as Twobad, the two headed MOTU villain. So more MOTU crossover fans want them as a single two headed figure and wrestling fans want them separate.
Honestly... at this juncture Mattel should just be ignoring what the 'wrestling only' fans want. Not saying that to be rude, but just because that's what they're already doing and there's no point backpeddling now. I'd argue it's already actually a minority of figures, particularly classic characters, that can work as pure stylized wrestling figures.

Kane is a [email protected]#$' robot. Undertaker is a ghost. The new Warrior has armored vambraces. They obviously didn't intend for Seth's harness to be removable. Stone Cold has snake eyes and totally inaccurate snake-pattern trunks. The New Day is Gosh Darn Man-E-Faces. The Rock has vambraces. Braun has war paint on his face. Jake has an actual snake-pattern chest and vambraces....

I mean, anyone at this point that's just like 'I only get these to make regular wrestlers' is probably already mega disappointed in this line's offerings. And also.. there's an actual ongoing line, several lines in fact, of WWE wrestlers that actually look like their in-ring counterparts. So go nuts and make something unique here.

That being said, I don't care at all about LoD one way or another. I WOULD really like Demolition, though.

Edge and Bret Hart are two of my absolute favorites, so I'd love to see them done here. Edge as Tri-Klops or Blade would be TERRIFIC (my favorite wrestler combined with my favorite MOTU villains). I like the idea of a gangster 'Hitman' Bret Hart. I think they did something like that in the WCW line, didn't they? Demolition are practically MOTU figures without even making any changes. They could also potentially be a good choice for Two Bad. I'm a big fan of classic/90s Shawn Michaels so it would be fun to see him here in his Wrestlemania 12 or 14 attire. Brutus Beefcake would also be SUPER fun here, and honestly you wouldn't really have to change him because he's already a nutball concept.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:28 pm

I'm pretty sure at least half (if not both) of Demotion was involved with that concussion lawsuit, so I wouldn't expect to see them in any future lines for a while.

Beefcake would be fun. Give him some monster clippers (OR clippers FOR hands) and wacky harness, and he can be the WWEternia barber.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:50 pm

I just want to see more women, and it looks like the line's definitely going that route. I'm hoping they can work out some kind of deal where RSC gets some exclusives, but also I just want them to get to Asuka, who feels like a perfect fit for a big, colorful line like this. I'd imagine the next one will be Charlotte, either as She-Ra or Sorceress.

(Speaking of: I think Charlotte's a very good wrestler whose flaws overtake her a lot - she's often pretty selfish in the ring and stuffs a lot of her opponent's offense, but when she has an opponent who can assert themselves like Becky or Asuka she can match them well. Becky is fantastic as a fight-from-underneath scrapper type, like a Jackie Fargo or something. Bret, even. Her championship year where she was working a Top Face style wasn't nearly as good. She's great at showing determination while selling, but when she doesn't sell as much she just starts seeming heelish.)

It's a shame they can't do Mountie figures, because Mountie-at-Arms would be hilarious. Big Boss Man-at-Arms would work too, though.

Also, we better see Drew with a giant, ridiculous Claymore.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:09 pm

Drew would be a good pick and maybe Orton too as another Snakeman/Viper.

How about Two Bad as Mean Gene and Heenan together? LOL can you imagine the jokes?!!!

Call it Ham And Egger.
KnightDamien

Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:04 pm

secondwhiteline wrote: I just want to see more women, and it looks like the line's definitely going that route. I'm hoping they can work out some kind of deal where RSC gets some exclusives, but also I just want them to get to Asuka, who feels like a perfect fit for a big, colorful line like this.
Agree about Asuka. I'd like to see them pull more from the POP side of the mythos as well. There's just not a lot of female characters in MOTU proper, if you want to continue tying wrestlers to particular MOTU characters. And we've already got Steph tied to Evil-Lyn and Lynch tied to Teela. That's like.. 2/3 of the primary MOTU female characters, haha.

It's going to be interesting just seeing who Mattel/WWE feels has the right 'look' to end up as a MOTU character. 'Course, it'll also be interesting just to see how long this line lasts. It's getting lots of love right now and it seems very popular. But I thought that about those Hasbro throwback figures Mattel was doing and that died off fairly quick.

secondwhiteline wrote: (Speaking of: I think Charlotte's a very good wrestler whose flaws overtake her a lot - she's often pretty selfish in the ring and stuffs a lot of her opponent's offense, but when she has an opponent who can assert themselves like Becky or Asuka she can match them well.
Counter-argument: She's a bad wrestler that needs more experienced wrestlers in the ring with her that can cover her weaknesses. While I wouldn't necessarily put Becky or Asuka on Shawn's level, it reminds me of Undertaker (and others) saying Michaels can have a five-star match with a broomstick. That Charlotte can have great matches with -great- wrestlers is a neutral statement. The fact that she can't seem to have great matches with -anyone else- is a huge point against her abilities. Like Roman Reigns.
It was inevitable that she'd get better, so she's not as bad as she used to be. But even that isn't saying much since debut-years Charlotte didn't belong anywhere near a televised wrestling match. She still botches way too much for someone with her level of experience. Just my opinion, of course. I don't hold it against anyone that actually likes her. But I honestly just think she's a bad wrestler and probably won't ever be better than mediocre. Which, in and of itself, doesn't bother me except that they insist on pushing her like the second coming of Jesus. Again, like Roman.

secondwhiteline wrote:Bret, even.
I love Bret as a champ no matter what. He's one of my all-time favouritist favourites. BUT, from a technical standpoint, I will never argue with the opinion that he was a better chaser than champion, and when he was a champion he was a better heel than a face. It just suited him. Few things in wrestling make my happier than a babyface Bret with the strap. Few things in wrestling are -better-, however, than a heel Bret systematically taking his opponent apart in the ring and then still walking out with the strap while the crowd boos.

secondwhiteline wrote: She's great at showing determination while selling, but when she doesn't sell as much she just starts seeming heelish.)
To be fair, I think this (and even some of the Charlotte stuff maybe) has almost more to do with how WWE forces its performers to behave in the ring. No-selling is almost always bullshit. I think fans mostly hate it. And any face that does it immediately looks like a heel. It makes for a bad product. It probably doesn't help that most people watching wrestling today probably associate no-selling less with Hogan and more with the absolute worst years of Cena's domination of the title picture.

Does that have anything to do with toys? Not really. But toys are great, right?

secondwhiteline wrote:because Mountie-at-Arms would be hilarious.
:o Yes. Yes! That would be fantastic.

Drew is one of the biggest names in the company right now. He's solidly built around the sword gimmick. He's champ. I'd be surprised if he's not at least in early stages of development for this line. Give him his skirt, a big sword, and just a He-Man harness or something and he's basically done. Although I'd bet money on them giving him some of that ridiculous Braveheart make-up, too.
legendkiller533
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:46 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:04 pm
secondwhiteline wrote: I just want to see more women, and it looks like the line's definitely going that route. I'm hoping they can work out some kind of deal where RSC gets some exclusives, but also I just want them to get to Asuka, who feels like a perfect fit for a big, colorful line like this.
It's going to be interesting just seeing who Mattel/WWE feels has the right 'look' to end up as a MOTU character. 'Course, it'll also be interesting just to see how long this line lasts. It's getting lots of love right now and it seems very popular. But I thought that about those Hasbro throwback figures Mattel was doing and that died off fairly quick.
these may suffer the same fate because the distribution on this line has been horrible up my way. i was able to find all of series 1 by a stroke of luck. I go the 2 i wanted from wave 2 online. series 3 i only saw the braun in stores and got the new day man e faces online. and thats been it. i would have bought rock and undertaker from that wave also if i had seen them. i have most of wave 4 preordered on walmarts website but i doubt that it ever gets filled so i just gave up on this line
KnightDamien

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:14 am

legendkiller533 wrote: these may suffer the same fate because the distribution on this line has been horrible up my way. i was able to find all of series 1 by a stroke of luck. I go the 2 i wanted from wave 2 online. series 3 i only saw the braun in stores and got the new day man e faces online. and thats been it. i would have bought rock and undertaker from that wave also if i had seen them. i have most of wave 4 preordered on walmarts website but i doubt that it ever gets filled so i just gave up on this line
It seems like poor distribution can't be hurting the line too bad because (from my own experience and everything I've heard here and elsewhere) when they -do- show up.. they sell out. Even the endless restocks of particular waves or figures eventually seem to mostly dry up. The Rollins wave has hit my Walmart -at least- seven times since it first appeared and, while the last few took a bit they did sell through. Now out of three cases of the Kane wave, only two Goldbergs are left on pegs.
But then, the Hasbro throwbacks seemed to be doing really well also (although not AS well, as far as I could tell). So what do I know.
legendkiller533
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:13 pm

so the throwbacks had the same issue, again around me. i saw series 1 and series 2 but then nothing. eventually target got a wave i think and some more hit 5 below but they were a bust at walmart as far as my local stores. maybe this line is super plentiful in other areas of the country, i just havent seen that. it doesnt seem like any of my stores got 7 cases of anything. in the MA sighting on wt thread no one mentions these but maybe they are just gone too fast
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:53 pm

So as awesome as this line is,it would be more awesome with a playset or 2. Maybe even a vehicle.

Here’s my Top 5

1.Titan Towers.(Isn’t this the name of WWE HQ)

2.The Dead Zone with new UnderTaker fig.

3.Space Mountain with Ric Flair Wooooo!

4.Hot Rod(Some vehicle with flames)

5.War Games Battle Dome. 2 Rings stacked or side by side with a steel cage dome over it.
Valo487
Avengers Assemble

Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:07 am

Found the Steamboat/Lynch wave in Franklin Virginia tonight, but be warned, it doesn’t look like these are in their system yet and from what I’ve read on other boards it’s been a frequent problem. Thankfully for me, the lady working in the self-checkout section was very helpful and just keyed them in for me.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:53 pm

The Steamboat I bought yesterday scanned at checkout. I read a post on wfigs that Steamboat will scan, while the other figures will not. I have to go back to see if they have the rest of the wave. Over the last few days my store's inventory went from out of stock, to 3-4, and now 6+. I haven't seen any figures except for the lone Steamboat.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”