Masters of the WWE Universe

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Masters of the WWE Universe

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:04 am

Reviving. Still a fun line. Bunch of new figures shown now.

I'm really excited about Rollins and Jake Roberts. And THE MAN.. Becky Lynch looks great as well. I'm still trying hard not to get dragged too far down this rabbit hole, but I definitely can't buy NONE of them. They're too cool for that.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Masters of the WWE Universe

Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:59 am

Picture dump of wave 4 and 5.

Wave 4
Really strong wave, I think.
Rollins is a bit boring though.
Fiend's Hurt and Heal weapons are great. He also has an opening mouth, per the package, which is a really cool feature.
Snakeman Jake is great. His snake looks so friendly, and the moustache on his snake face is funny.
Mr. T is pretty damn incredible. Lots of extras on him, and a great colour scheme.

Wave 5
Another strong wave.
Becky is the first female in the line, I get the Teela loadout, but the snake staff doesn't fit all that well I don't think.
Heel turn for the Macho Man, and what did they say, he's now aligned with the New Horde Order? Funny stuff, and I wonder if more members are coming.
Ricky Steamboat looks great. Would have been nice to see him with an extra weapon besides his little dragon pal, but I guess all he needs are his fists and his feet.
Roddy is a bit boring unfortunately, it's basically a do-over of wave 2 Macho Man.
GoldBlade6
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:12 am

I cannot believe how many of these we are getting. It's crazy, and I want to see how far they'll keep it going. I want an Andre the Giant version of Tytus.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:44 am

I tried real hard not to get sucked into this, but these latest reveals got me. Just going to stick to the classics I used to watch as a kid.

Grabbed Macho Man today at Target, really regret passing on Warrior 10+ times as hes long gone now.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:38 pm

Oh, I love this line. I have Finn and Savage, and I can just tell that's not gonna be enough. Definitely getting the Heroic Pitier of Fools, Piper, and Becky.

Now that we're getting ladies, I demand Io-Lyn and a mist-spitting Asuka.
DJjoker182
Customized

Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:00 pm

These are better than I expected. They're so hard to find for me though. I wish there was better distribution.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:14 am

Got lucky and rolled up on wave 3 tonight. The glow on Undertaker is incredible!
Jonan
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 10, 2020 10:44 am

Anyone know of the item number to enter into Popfindr on these, specifically for Undertaker? The system seems a little trickier with Wal-Mart, as I suppose it would be.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:05 pm

I'm coming to these late after picking up Skeletor from MOTU origins.

Do I have to resort to aftermarket prices on the earlier waves? Did these ever hit anywhere other than Walmart?

Edit: Also, would love if anyone would provide SKU / Brickseek numbers for these.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:06 am

They are Walmart exclusive. No signs they'll be widely available like Origins will be next year. There are only 3 waves, and there seem to still be sightings in the States for most of wave 1 (wave 1 never showed up elsewhere afaik).
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:01 pm

Bringing the thread back to life because Wave 4 has been released in Canada. They seem to be going real fast, but lots appear to be on order. Seems to be good signs for the line.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:24 pm

I'm dying for that Jake the Snake. Still holding out hope I can find the Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man at some point, but that ship has probably sailed.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:20 pm

I occasionally see people making references to seeing Macho Man in stores in the US, so it may be possible that you'll get lucky, though it seems like it'd have to be old stock, as it doesn't seem like anything is getting reissued. I guess same for Warrior, but I assume he'd be even harder to find at this point. Wave 1 never made it up here in Canada, so it'd be nice if we got a shot at that.

Jake is a really strong release. The printed snake patterning on his body and "real" face turned out really well (his moustache is great), and the Jake face sits on his head nicely. His little snake friend is also fun (of course if it was wired it'd be more so, but it does its job). Fiend and Mr. T are big standouts as well, both look really good (though Jitsu's Classics armour does fit a tad big on the Origins body, and though T is already loaded with accessories, something to put in those kama slots would have been nice). Rollins aside (though I didn't get him, he looked pretty good, just not very interesting), I think this is probably the best wave yet.
Valo487
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:04 pm

I really want more New Horde Order members. This line has been a lot of fun, I initially only bought the first wave to see how I liked the MOTUO style and figured Warrior would fit rather well with the regular He-Man figures, but I liked them so much I’m all in.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:48 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:24 pm
I'm dying for that Jake the Snake. Still holding out hope I can find the Ultimate Warrior and Macho Man at some point, but that ship has probably sailed.
Every single Wal-Mart near me restocked with Wave 2, and it seems to be a common thing nationwide. I suggest hitting up a few Wal-Marts if you can, might get lucky and find Macho Man!

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”