Masters of the WWE Universe

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters of the WWE Universe

Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:08 pm

SalemCrow wrote: As long as they were already in production, I think there's a good chance it's still being released.
Definitely. Even with some rougher releases they've still gone on to finish production and release figures. The only time I know of where they literally stopped mid-production and said '[email protected]#$ that guy' was Jeff. And there was a lot of politics there. By most accounts, Ric left on good terms.

Now.. why anyone would want to see him in modern wrestling, I will never understand. But that's neither here nor there. I expect his figure will still come out unless he does something insane like immediately pop over to AEW and start badmouthing WWE and Vince. Which I don't imagine he'll do unless someone gives him a hot mic while he's drunk. Again. Then.. maybe.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:36 am

frymasterak wrote:
Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:40 pm
This line is unfortunately not going to just be classic guys as evidenced by Bray, though who knows, now they might not be making him.
Some of us aren't terribly interested in a lot of the older guys but still like the figure format.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:40 am

I hope you guys are right on the figure still coming out.
I even bought another Ultimate Flair figure since there won’t be anymore Flair figures from Mattel after this one for a while.

The Jakks AEW figures seem off to me somehow so I’m not sure if they’ll get any better by the time they make anyone I’d like to buy like Flair,Arn,Tully,Dillon,Tony, or JR.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:19 am

Apparently the last wave has hit Walmart already with Stone Cold and Mysterio.

Hope the Andre Wave ships soon from Walmart unless it’s sitting off the coast of California
KnightDamien

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:37 pm

We've been pretty good over here about getting the more recent waves, but I've seen nothing after the Stephanie wave. Really want to find Bret-Klops.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:03 pm

I took a chance and ordered 4 random figures from Walmart hoping I get lucky with new stock.
I hope it’s not too early though and get 4 Pipers or Beckys that I’ll have to return.

I still feel kind of cheated by that last wave being only 3 figures with a cheap rehash of Mysterio.

They should do one last wave for Mattel Creations and end in style.I know I’m dreaming but

King Vince
Brock
Road Warrior 2 pack
Flair
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:58 pm

If they did a Matty Creations pack like with the Retros, my realistic-ish picks would be:
Asuka
Brock
Drew (HE HAS A GIANT SWORD ALREADY HOW WAS THIS DIFFICULT)
Blackheart Tommaso Ciampa (the D&D rogue gear they could make for him with that nickname would be awesome)

I kinda wish they would do 2-packs to get another SKU on the shelves. That way they can have the new line but also still make MOTUs. A pack with Cameron Grimes and that damn Ted Dibiase would be awesome.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:10 pm

Oh man, a gold-armor heel Roman like movie Skeletor. That would've been awesome.
KnightDamien

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:33 pm

secondwhiteline wrote: Oh man, a gold-armor heel Roman like movie Skeletor. That would've been awesome.
It would be.

If we can't have singles of these anymore, I think it would be cool if Mattel went the DC V. MOTU route and gave us two-packs of actual MOTU characters versus MOTU-ized WWE characters. Dust off blue Mer-Man and put him against Drew McIntyre. Stuff like that. But I doubt it would even work because Mattel is already quickly burning through the simple color variants of MOTU characters. Fleshy Stratos would have been perfect for something like this.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:48 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:33 pm
secondwhiteline wrote: Oh man, a gold-armor heel Roman like movie Skeletor. That would've been awesome.
It would be.

If we can't have singles of these anymore, I think it would be cool if Mattel went the DC V. MOTU route and gave us two-packs of actual MOTU characters versus MOTU-ized WWE characters. Dust off blue Mer-Man and put him against Drew McIntyre. Stuff like that. But I doubt it would even work because Mattel is already quickly burning through the simple color variants of MOTU characters. Fleshy Stratos would have been perfect for something like this.
Oh wow, yeah - fleshy Stratos vs. Yoko or Quake for a classic Flier vs. Monster matchup. Stuff like that would be awesome. Same with unmade gimmick re-releases. Terror Claws Skeletor vs., I don't know, HBK. Bubble Power She-Ra vs. Sasha Banks.
KnightDamien

Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 am

secondwhiteline wrote: Oh wow, yeah - fleshy Stratos vs. Yoko or Quake for a classic Flier vs. Monster matchup. Stuff like that would be awesome. Same with unmade gimmick re-releases. Terror Claws Skeletor vs., I don't know, HBK. Bubble Power She-Ra vs. Sasha Banks.
Yeah, man. Like, I'm not going to complain that Mattel is going all out for MOTUO and just releasing all these variants as singles because that's absolutely a good thing. But it also kinda feels like a wasted opportunity to use those variants to get some more of these WWE figures out there.
Of course, I totally get that some people would (rightfully) complain about locking fan-demanded variants behind two-pack prices with WWE figures that a lot of MOTU fans don't even care about.

I don't know. No good answer, I suppose. I just would've liked to see the MOTU WWE figures continue. Although I'm also still excited about the non-MOTU WWE figures in this style. But it's not the same, for sure.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:15 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:40 am
Yeah, man. Like, I'm not going to complain that Mattel is going all out for MOTUO and just releasing all these variants as singles because that's absolutely a good thing. But it also kinda feels like a wasted opportunity to use those variants to get some more of these WWE figures out there.
Of course, I totally get that some people would (rightfully) complain about locking fan-demanded variants behind two-pack prices with WWE figures that a lot of MOTU fans don't even care about.

I don't know. No good answer, I suppose. I just would've liked to see the MOTU WWE figures continue. Although I'm also still excited about the non-MOTU WWE figures in this style. But it's not the same, for sure.
Oh yeah, I mean, I don't know how much crossover there really is between MOTU and WWE, but it's probably not enough to lock MOTU variants behind a WWE product. At the very least the new line will provide figures in the same style for easy custom options. I'm not confident they're going to get to a lot of my modern favorites, but if it lasts around 6-8 waves they should get to someone I want.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:16 pm

This line couldn’t end without some distribution related issues.

Wave 8 (the final wave of 3) is being found in Wal-Mart in the US… completely skipping the Slaughter wave.

Hopefully the Slaughter wave shows up soon and isn’t too hard to find!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:20 am

Wow,one of my blind orders arrived from Walmart after the rest were cancelled and it was all of Series 8. Glad to get those out of the way.

Mysterio actually turned out to be the best of the wave imo.

Austin looks pretty dumb.Might switch the head.

I like the Chyna except for her face and a few paint smudges.I’m not really a fan. Her card art face is great though.

Lets go Series 7!!!

BTW did the Superstars Flair and Honky ever go up for pre order? Hogan is still up.
WildBill
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:53 pm

Visiting my preorder of Sgt Slaughter, Andre the Giant, and Junkyard Dog where it says "Arriving Today" but the progress bar has never moved past "Placed" with the assumption it'll be canceled and the hope it'll just be delayed. Sunday Funday!, am I right?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”