Masters of the WWE Universe

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters of the WWE Universe

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:53 pm

Oh man, that's exciting! Give me all the 1980s - 1990s asap!
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:55 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 pm
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Wait, is that a dedicated wrestling line?
Yea, same bodies, but just entirely about wrestling.

I’ll grab Chyna, I don’t think this Stone Cold or Mysterio are better than the previous ones.

Don’t really see how Trapjaw parts make sense for Stone Cold, seems a bit rushed.
They figured bald head and bionic “redneck” just screams Trap Jaw I guess.

I’d rather have had Charlotte Flair or Trish Stratus as the “She Ra” character.

And it’s only a 3 figure wave as well,seems like they cut one. Would be a good place to redo Hogan on a single card for those that missed out on the Ring set.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:05 pm

Visionary wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:55 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:43 pm
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:47 pm
Wait, is that a dedicated wrestling line?
Yea, same bodies, but just entirely about wrestling.

I’ll grab Chyna, I don’t think this Stone Cold or Mysterio are better than the previous ones.

Don’t really see how Trapjaw parts make sense for Stone Cold, seems a bit rushed.
They figured bald head and bionic “redneck” just screams Trap Jaw I guess.

I’d rather have had Charlotte Flair or Trish Stratus as the “She Ra” character.

And it’s only a 3 figure wave as well,seems like they cut one. Would be a good place to redo Hogan on a single card for those that missed out on the Ring set.
Ah, I guess I can see that? Because of the leg braces and all?

It kind of feels like they had someone else in mind, but the line was ending and were like “whatever, Stone Cold sells.”

The fact it’s a three figure wave too seems even more like they are just pushing out whatever was left to move onto the next wave.

Which is fine with me — Wave 7 will be a nightmare to get and while I love this line, I’m glad it’s ending as distribution sucked.

At least we can continue it if we want by kitbashing the WWE Superstars stuff. I might grab an extra Wave 5 Macho Man for when Hogan comes out, slap the armor on Hogan and you got a MOTU WWE NWO Hogan.
TonyStark517
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:24 pm

Kinda bummed to hear the line is ending but between online and my immediate area it felt like it already had. Might try to track down Sting on ebay and maybe the Fiend. Doubt I'll be as invested in the next line much if at all.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:00 pm

Roufuss wrote: Don’t really see how Trapjaw parts make sense for Stone Cold, seems a bit rushed.
Because this version of Stone Cold is 'The Bionic Redneck.' So.. robot body parts. Makes as much sense as literally any other combination they've done so far.

Really bummed that the line is ending, even though I don't buy very many of them (really hoping I can find Bret). I was even starting to hope we'd eventually see re-issues of harder to get figures like wave 1 Triple H, and Scareglow Undertaker. Oh well. It's not a line I am desperately in love with so figures I never got won't keep me up at night. But it's still not a happy day to see a cool line get axed.

I'm interested in the replacement line they're doing. But they're not showing off anything yet that I actually care about. I'm so sick of seeing that scumbag Hogan everywhere I turn. Even though I know it's unlikely.. I really hope we get Demolition in the new line, and LOD, since we never got either team in the MOTU line.
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:07 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Roufuss wrote: Don’t really see how Trapjaw parts make sense for Stone Cold, seems a bit rushed.
Because this version of Stone Cold is 'The Bionic Redneck.' So.. robot body parts. Makes as much sense as literally any other combination they've done so far.

Really bummed that the line is ending, even though I don't buy very many of them (really hoping I can find Bret). I was even starting to hope we'd eventually see re-issues of harder to get figures like wave 1 Triple H, and Scareglow Undertaker. Oh well. It's not a line I am desperately in love with so figures I never got won't keep me up at night. But it's still not a happy day to see a cool line get axed.

I'm interested in the replacement line they're doing. But they're not showing off anything yet that I actually care about. I'm so sick of seeing that scumbag Hogan everywhere I turn. Even though I know it's unlikely.. I really hope we get Demolition in the new line, and LOD, since we never got either team in the MOTU line.
I’m actually really excited about the new line without the MotU gimmick. I loved the idea of using the Origins bodies for WWE because it reminded me a little of the chunkiness of BCA, but I just don’t have much nostalgia for He-man really at all, so the crossover didn’t do much for me.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:04 am

thefamousnicknaro wrote: I’m actually really excited about the new line without the MotU gimmick. I loved the idea of using the Origins bodies for WWE because it reminded me a little of the chunkiness of BCA, but I just don’t have much nostalgia for He-man really at all, so the crossover didn’t do much for me.
It's funny that you reference the BCA bodies as being 'chunky' because I often think of them as better-proportioned than half, or more, of the current Elite/Basic bodies, many of which are just way too skinny (in my opinion).
Like I said, I'm bummed that the MOTU part is being dropped, but I'm glad they're not just abandoning the style of figure entirely for WWE. That old body type is definitely nostalgic, as I had some of the NWA figures and suchlike way back when. And they kind of remind me of the Hasbro stuff as well -- even though obviously that's a whole different format of action figure (and, ironically, I don't much like the Hasbro-style Retros).
thefamousnicknaro
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:38 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
thefamousnicknaro wrote: I’m actually really excited about the new line without the MotU gimmick. I loved the idea of using the Origins bodies for WWE because it reminded me a little of the chunkiness of BCA, but I just don’t have much nostalgia for He-man really at all, so the crossover didn’t do much for me.
It's funny that you reference the BCA bodies as being 'chunky' because I often think of them as better-proportioned than half, or more, of the current Elite/Basic bodies, many of which are just way too skinny (in my opinion).
Like I said, I'm bummed that the MOTU part is being dropped, but I'm glad they're not just abandoning the style of figure entirely for WWE. That old body type is definitely nostalgic, as I had some of the NWA figures and suchlike way back when. And they kind of remind me of the Hasbro stuff as well -- even though obviously that's a whole different format of action figure (and, ironically, I don't much like the Hasbro-style Retros).
I absolutely agree about the standard figures proportions. Though, I don’t think the lankiness just affects Mattel. Even Marvel Legends suffer in that way. Especially from the side profile.

This style, and some BCA, are overly bulky and not at all realistic, but I genuinely kind of prefer that. They feel more like fun, playable *toys*.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:30 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:00 pm

I really love this line and I'm not happy to see it go, but at least the new line is built from the same format so there's custom potential. I'm not sure how much they're going to get to stuff I'm interested in, but we'll probably get a year or so out of it, so there might be something. In the meantime I think I'm gonna be buying up some Beckys and Stephs for customs while they're still cheap.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:53 pm

Quick wish list for the new Super Stars line.

Hawk
Animal
Iron Sheik
King Kong Bundy
Big John Studd
Mr Perfect
Kamala
Adorable Adrian Adonis
Hercules
Mr America
British Bulldogs
Heenan
Mean Gene
Vince MacMahon
Jesse Ventura
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:25 pm

I'm super stoked for the new line. As much as I liked the MOTU crossover line, I suspect the vast majority were not buying it for MOTU Crossover potential.

Outside of like 1 figure, I couldn't force these into my MOTU collection anyway because they rarely looked like they fit.

Likewise, it kinda ruined my chunky Remco aesthetic when guys had metal gauntlets or whatever.

So this actually is a perfect thing IMO. Especially if they focus on classics and not Becky Lynch and such.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:36 am

I’m not mad that Flair left the WWE cuz it might lead him to be back on TNT with the Horsemen and Tony Schiavone,which would be cool as hell to see one more time.

But if Mattel doesn’t release this upcoming figure I’ll be so pissed since it’s the last major character I was looking for from the line other than the LOD.

Weren’t these due out in September or October? If so they should be still available?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:12 pm

As long as they were already in production, I think there's a good chance it's still being released.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:17 pm

And let's be real: Flair wanders off all the time. He'll be back.
frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:40 pm

This line is unfortunately not going to just be classic guys as evidenced by Bray, though who knows, now they might not be making him.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics