Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
spongyblue
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:48 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:49 pm
spongyblue wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:36 pm
I'm hoping the Red Sentry does well so the all the other Sentries from the comics get made. I really liked the Black and Yellow Sentries and I think there was a Silver in Space sentry in the background as well as a few others.
I think it's a safe bet. There are a lot of new looks going on n the comic line (including Jason, Trini, and Zack's new looks) which I'm sure all have figures in their future. If it's based on MMPR, your odds are good.
Yeah no doubt. I wasn't even a fan of Power Rangers in anyway shape or form, but someone suggested I check out the comic run, and I've been hooked. If some of the rumors are true aboit Hasbro and the future of the Power Rangers IP shifting from being dependent on Japanese footage and retooling the show and moving towards an animated setup and an all new more coherent continuity, then I think they are on the right track with the comic.
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:03 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:01 pm
SymbiSpidey wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:59 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:54 pm
They just revealed in the Q&A that Zeo Blue’s tonfas will be coming with a figure in 2022!
Low key might be the best reveal of the entire show lol.

I imagine it's gonna be coming with one of the girls.
I've been saying for ages that they will pack them with the yellow and pink ranger, one each.
Zeo Kat plz...but - imagine it will be Zeo Tanya, since she doesn't have a ton of costume options and they may expect Kat to move better.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:30 am

Crud I missed out on the Sentries. I’ll try to find two at Target.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Amazing_Spider-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:38 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:52 pm
Amazing_Spider-Man wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:40 pm
Need two of those sentries to swap helmets with my armored red and regular red.
I thought that too, but the Sentry's mouth plate it styled like the White Ranger, not like the MMPR rangers. So, no metal lips.
I noticed that as well. I might pick one up anyway, if I can find it. The design is pretty cool.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:30 am

I wonder if there's a ZEO Team-pack coming.

Because it wouldn't make sense to pack the Tonfas with other characters.. they'd have to re-release Zeo Blue in some form.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 am

Well... I would prefer they came with another figure. I don't wanna have to buy a box set just for weapons we should've gotten in the first place. Honestly, they should just make them and ship them out to people like they did Trent's fixed helmet. Prove you own the Rocky figure, we'll send you the weapons we "forgot" to include. But I know that's not how it'll work.

I remember when Neca did Ryu Hyabusa from Ninja Gaiden and just about every figure shipped without the kunai. Neca didn't even ask for proof you bought the figure. You could just email them and tell them you did and they sent you a set. Cause it was so common. I remember some people even got 2 sets. For free. Just cause they didn't package them with the figure. Which, btw, for all of Neca's faults back then, they did right by that figure. It was well made and they made up for their mistake with the kunai.

Hasbro screwed up the head on the first Phoenix figure, in the green outfit, so later they did an apology head, but you had to buy the exclusive 2 pack with her and Cyclops to get it. So they kind of fix their mistakes sometimes. But they do it in ways that make them money, instead of "our bad, here's a fix for free". Honestly, they even had the tonfa molded already. It was in the promo shots. They just never packed them with him. So it's not like its costing them more money to sculpt them. Those tonfa realistically probably cost maybe $5 to make and paint, maybe. Especially if Marauder can do a fully painted katana and sheath set for like $3. Which isn't even a reused mold. It's their own design. And its not 3d printed, its injection molded. So... having us buy a 5 pack of figures we already have 3 of and that they'll probably release the other 2 of before it even comes out just to get weapons we should've got anyway would be a really, really bad look. The least they could do is put them in with Aiesha or Kat, since most of us are gonna buy those regardless if we already got Rocky.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:17 pm

I also don't want them to be included in a set.

Pack them with an upcoming Zeo ranger and I'll be happy. You already made me buy Psycho Red and Blue a second time just to get the rest of that team. If you make me re-buy multiple Zeo Rangers just to get weapons we should have gotten initially, I'm sure I won't be the only one angry about that.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:38 pm

I was taking 2 tests at 5 PM yesterday....10/10 on both! About 25 after I was poking around Pulse when I saw the Red Sentry under partner exclusives. Ordered one (it says limit one). Then had to do so.e internet sleuthing but came up with the Target page. Got one into my cart, but had some trouble with payment and it sold out. But after about 45 minutes of off and on trying to get from save for later into my cart, I did actually manage to successfully get an order in. I think two will be enough. I did order a second one from Pulse on a separate order with some GI Joes, but decided to delete it and not risk getting both canceled.
I kinda want four but my wife told me two was enough. I can justify it that the Red are kind of elite. I think I want 4 each of the Mastodon and Sabretooth Sentries. I think 2 pink with Ranger Slayer will do me.

And the metallics got me to sign up for Premium. When I saw them yesterday and the said Premium Only. I don't know if it was a limited window or not, but I was probably going to up for SDCC anyway.
So while it wasnt a lot shown, yesterday was a pretty good PR day.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

mattmurdog
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:30 pm

Anyone notice the red completely missing on the metallic Black Ranger's morphor? Isolated mistake or Hasbro cutting corners again?
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:28 pm

Take a guess.

The new heads look good, but aren’t worth $25 each. Was really hoping for A new villain.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:43 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:17 am
Well... I would prefer they came with another figure. I don't wanna have to buy a box set just for weapons we should've gotten in the first place. Honestly, they should just make them and ship them out to people like they did Trent's fixed helmet. Prove you own the Rocky figure, we'll send you the weapons we "forgot" to include. But I know that's not how it'll work.

I remember when Neca did Ryu Hyabusa from Ninja Gaiden and just about every figure shipped without the kunai. Neca didn't even ask for proof you bought the figure. You could just email them and tell them you did and they sent you a set. Cause it was so common. I remember some people even got 2 sets. For free. Just cause they didn't package them with the figure. Which, btw, for all of Neca's faults back then, they did right by that figure. It was well made and they made up for their mistake with the kunai.

Hasbro screwed up the head on the first Phoenix figure, in the green outfit, so later they did an apology head, but you had to buy the exclusive 2 pack with her and Cyclops to get it. So they kind of fix their mistakes sometimes. But they do it in ways that make them money, instead of "our bad, here's a fix for free". Honestly, they even had the tonfa molded already. It was in the promo shots. They just never packed them with him. So it's not like its costing them more money to sculpt them. Those tonfa realistically probably cost maybe $5 to make and paint, maybe. Especially if Marauder can do a fully painted katana and sheath set for like $3. Which isn't even a reused mold. It's their own design. And its not 3d printed, its injection molded. So... having us buy a 5 pack of figures we already have 3 of and that they'll probably release the other 2 of before it even comes out just to get weapons we should've got anyway would be a really, really bad look. The least they could do is put them in with Aiesha or Kat, since most of us are gonna buy those regardless if we already got Rocky.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Be realistic though.

Why would they put the Blue Ranger's Tonfa's with Yellow or Pink...

That wouldn't make any sense from a sales POV.

Zeo Blue would have to be re-released in some form. If it isn't a Zeo team pack, it could be a VS two-pack. However, Rocky never fought any memorable Zeo villains.

Doing an exclusive Zeo teampack might actually be cost-effective for Hasbro. 'Children of Thanos' seems to be doing well, and that 5-pack was all re-releases/repaints,

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:17 pm
If you make me re-buy multiple Zeo Rangers just to get weapons we should have gotten initially, I'm sure I won't be the only one angry about that.
Re-releasing figures and requiring 'double-dipping' has always been a core Hasbro strategy.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:55 am

Just because they do doesn't mean I or anyone else has to like it, though.

The Children of Thanos pack is one thing. A majority of that set was remolded/repainted enough to justify it. The psycho ranger set had no differences for Red or Blue to justify the double-dip on them at all. If they had made the set with more metallic colors, then I could understand it. But it was the exact same pair of figures.

A Zeo set would be the same way. If they included stuff in it that made double-dipping worth the plunge then fine, I can accept that. But if it's literally just the same paint jobs, weapons, accessories, etc as the retail releases with the only difference being "Blue has tonfas", I'd be extremely annoyed.

The problem isn't the double-dipping, it's whether they make it worth it.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:13 am

I think there's a lot of overthinking going on with Rocky's stabity stab weapons. There's no reason they can't be released packaged with Tanya or Kat. No one is buying these figures because they're fans of just that one character. No one is just getting Tanya and that's it. Ditto for Kat. They're buying them to team build, they want the complete Zeo team. Same for ANY PR team that are making. Put Rocky's weapons in with one of the girls, get your complete Zeo team displayed on your shelf and rest easy.

That said, I don't see myself double dipping for these weapons. If I have to rebuy Zeo Rock, I'll just as soon say, "Thanks but no thanks". It sucks, but I'm not dropping another $20 over Hasbro's screw up.
Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:24 am

We don't have to like it but it's something we should recognize that they do. The new head sculpts look good but I'll wait until they release to pick them up and even then I may wait for them to drop in price.

I would have loved to see a villain but I'm glad we got Red Sentry. I feel he'll be easy to get even if it's exclusive. But I'm not too mad. There is way too much coming from other lines I collect so it's nice to know I can save some money.
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:01 am

Um, I didn't know about the Red Sentry until just now. Is it Pulse exclusive? Any chance more will be available?

Also saw the Metallic rangers up. No White?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”