Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:19 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:52 pm
A Zane/Psycho 2 pack would be nice. I could see Dark Spector being in the Monster line for In Space.
I can't think of any memorable monsters from In Space actually.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Zhane/Psycho Silver 2-pack would make the most sense.

As for the possible IS Monster: I'm personally leaning toward Dark Specter, but I'd happily take the monster forms of any of the Psycho Rangers.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:03 am

sephiroth61787 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:19 pm
mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:52 pm
A Zane/Psycho 2 pack would be nice. I could see Dark Spector being in the Monster line for In Space.
I can't think of any memorable monsters from In Space actually.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Zhane/Psycho Silver 2-pack would make the most sense.

As for the possible IS Monster: I'm personally leaning toward Dark Specter, but I'd happily take the monster forms of any of the Psycho Rangers.
I kinda forgot that the Psychos were really monsters in disguise. They always seemed scarier as faceless identical rangers somehow.
Racking my brain, I can't come up with too many non MMPR MOTWs that I'd really want most were forgettable.
I think Lost Galaxy had a really cool Samurai Monster and Skeleton Knight (the one with the mirrors...or was that a different Knight monster?).
From Zeo I want Mechanizer, but only because I had the toy as a kid; and even that one I had to look up the name on.
I'd take the 10 Terrors from Mystic Force.
I don't even remember which series had the Shark Brothers, but I'd take them.
The monster from Turbo that baked them into a pizza; because he baked them into a pizza.
I'm halfway through Beast Morphers and every monster is so generic and forgettable. If I had to pick one, I'd say Tubatron, but only because I'm a former Band Geek. (Low Brass BABY!)

But I could easily list just as many MMPR Monsters that I'd want.....Pudgy Pig, Hatchasaurus, Madame Woe, Grumble Bee, Shellshock, Impursonator, Robogoat....and that's off the top of my head...
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:15 am

Knasty Knight and Cyclopsis would be my picks for monsters!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:20 pm

Will someone explain to me why the pink ranger.....the one I saw “peg warming” at every store (my Walmart had 17 at one point) is commanding around $200 on eBay? Did I miss something? Or is cash truly worthless now?
matchu778
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 pm

You saw pink Rangers pegwarming? Must be nice! Lol she’s prob the most sought after figure from the line at this point, no?

K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:22 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:14 pm
Silver Psycho and In Space 2 pack is what alot of people were figuring would happen. And if that's the case that's pretty cool. Get Zane out of the way in one shot. Hoping he comes with either a transforming super silverizer or it in both modes. I don't see why he wouldn't, but look what happened with Trent and his quill/sword/pen weapon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It's coded as BLM Earth vs Silvr Photon

That means it's going to be a 2pack with TJ (Blue) vs Psycho Silver, if anything.

Earth is the code for Blue.

The good news is, 2021 will end with the core 5 Space Rangers, Ecliptor, a new Astronema, a possible Quantron, Psycho Silver and an unknown Space Monster being released.

matchu778 wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:37 pm
You saw pink Rangers pegwarming? Must be nice! Lol she’s prob the most sought after figure from the line at this point, no?
I saw it pegwarming in Toronto as well, pre-pandemic.

Turned it down multiple times, and got the Kat exclusive instead. That Kimberly head is brutal, but I'm not surprised scarcity = demand, despite quality. Happens often with Star Wars and ML.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:50 pm

Definitely never saw her pegwarming either. Saw the other figures in that wave by the dozens upon dozens, but only saw her a couple times.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:19 am

Even my targets had the pink ranger warming the pegs. I remember being concerned that the line was in trouble......or at least the girl figures. I was going to buy them up at one point to give to my nieces.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:18 am

You mean MMPR Pink? Because SPD Pink is currently the peg-warmiest of her wave around me. But even the slower ones around here do move at decent pace.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 am

Yes, MMPR Kimberly pink ranger.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:16 am

You must have a funny definition of the word peg warming...
MollyMillions
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 4:06 pm

Comedian wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 3:20 pm
Will someone explain to me why the pink ranger.....the one I saw “peg warming” at every store (my Walmart had 17 at one point) is commanding around $200 on eBay? Did I miss something? Or is cash truly worthless now?
Dang, I saw a full set for 200 just this AM. Am waffling on it.
Comedian
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:11 pm

Slixta wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:16 am
You must have a funny definition of the word peg warming...
Clearly this was a case of the western NY area getting to much of that wave. On the flip side I never saw Lord Drakkon in retail except for a GameStop. I also never once saw the yellow MMPR. In stores. I had to wait almost a year for my preorder online.

This also happened with the x-men rogue wave. Almost a year after it was released mant]y of our Walmart’s received cases of that wave. Mine had 5 come in at once and then another 3 over the next weeks. Rogue sat and sat. Then one day....poof.....gone.

We are an odd collecting area. Being within reach of Buffalo and Niagara Falls plus all the Canadian traffic (pre-covid) put us in a position to get a lot of merchandise. Some of those Canadian dealers would just clean the pegs of certain things.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:39 pm

matchu778 wrote:You saw pink Rangers pegwarming? Must be nice! Lol she’s prob the most sought after figure from the line at this point, no?

I think Trini may be higher then her on that list. But there aren't many that would be. Maybe just Trini. I could see 1 or both Drakkon being up there as well, but whether it's more sought then Kim who's to say. Ranger Slayer?

She never pegwarmed around here either. I was maybe 2? I bought 1. And that was at gamestop. Never saw her at the big stores.

I saw 1 Ranger Slayer, at gamestop. But I had mine from preordering her. I saw 2 Drakkon, also gamestop. Bought 1 and also have the 1 I preorderd. And Trini I never saw. I got 1 when BBTS got their year later shipments. Cause everywhere else was sold out or expensive AF. And then another when Gamestop.com somehow had her in stock for like a minute and a half. So I would think those would be the top 3.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:52 pm

I think Trini is the only one I’d never seen too. Ended up getting her from BBTS this past winter. I just randomly saw Ranger Slayer at GameStop the other day.

I mentioned a while back that Netflix removed Power Rangers right when I wanted to jump back in on In Space, but what comes to the rescue? Your local library! Looked up online and several branches in town have not only In Space, but a bunch of other seasons on DVD.

... I still hope Hasbro can someday make Next Mutation...

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”