Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Valo487
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:28 am

I’m only a casual fan, I thought someone here might know, would Hasbro be able to make the team that was skipped over? The Gosei Sentai Dairangers, where the Thinderzords and White Ranger footage came from. I thought they’d be a cool exclusive, but I’m not sure how the rights work since they never appeared on the show that I’m aware of.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 4:56 am

Valo487 wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 2:28 am
I’m only a casual fan, I thought someone here might know, would Hasbro be able to make the team that was skipped over? The Gosei Sentai Dairangers, where the Thinderzords and White Ranger footage came from. I thought they’d be a cool exclusive, but I’m not sure how the rights work since they never appeared on the show that I’m aware of.
That's a very good question.

I'd assume they'd only have the rights to what's appeared in US footage.

Which then brings the question do they still pay to adapt Sentai footage like with the latest Season?

I know the movies are a grey area because of Fox. I'd imagine if they pushed for it they could produce some product for it given Hasbro's relationship with Disney.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon Aug 15, 2022 5:09 am

Technically the suit designs showed up in the Boom comics, along with an added black suit. So there's always a chance for them to be made.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 1:02 pm

The dairager suit did appear in super mega force, they just called them new powers no specific name.
https://youtu.be/21iPZqVn_oY
So it is possible but depends on hasbro.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 6:35 pm

I think theres probably some red tape involved. But I wouldn't say it's a no. Probably just not a priority, especially with so many american teams to still do. If we start getting Japanese suits before we finish Lost Galaxy, Time Force, SPD, or Dino Thunder, or even start on RPM and and Ninja Storm, they have their priorities wrong. And they would also probably have to try and get the likeness rights (or some sort of permission) to use the Japanese actors somehow if they wanna do unhelmeted heads.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:37 pm

Or finish, y'know, Beast Morphers... the team that started the line.

When is Walgreens going to restock Zhane? I check all the time and it's boring.
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:18 pm

JPC wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 8:37 pm
Or finish, y'know, Beast Morphers... the team that started the line.
If speculation is correct, the last of the core 3 should be in an upcoming wave.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:26 am

Sure, but we can't even get an official drop of the known to exist DT Yellow. What hope for the bunny?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:08 am

There were never official reveals for a few figures that have come and gone. Kira will pop up eventually.

Comedian
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:03 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:13 pm
Found a peg full the other night.

Initially grabbed one. Walked away with it & new Hammond Collection to look at other shelves, closing announcement came over the intercom, RAN back to the PR section to grab a second, lol.

Love them.
That mcfarlane batcave just is the gift that keeps on giving isn’t it. Great job on that display!

I have been watching reviews on the new Megazord and I’m honestly considering canceling my preorder. Is anyone else have reservations on it? The damn box looks like it had more effort than the actual toy.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:46 pm

I didn't preorder it at all. The price didn't reflect the quality from the pictures. Its bigger and more articulated then the Legacy one, but it just didn't look worth the price. Maybe on a sale, but it'd have to be a big price drop.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:00 pm

Thank Slixta! He showed that to me, and I was lucky enough to grab it on sale!
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Aug 18, 2022 2:48 am

I can't say what's a good dollar value for you, but I'm pretty happy with my ZAP Megazord.

I find the plastic weight to be just fine. I don't have the SOC version, though, and suspect some reviewers might be using that as a standard.

The articulation is fun; I've never had a posable Megazord before.

My only criticism is from how they designed the legs to be so long. Like, the T-rex has really long legs and the sabretooth and triceratops dwarf the mastodon for reasons I can't understand.

But that's a design choice. As far as quality goes, I think it holds up. It's sturdy, the joints are tight and the paint is clean. I've had fun with it both in megazord mode and as individual zords.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:57 am

The reason reviewers used the SoC is because it’s considered the “masterpiece” megazord. Everything about it is amazing and perfect despite some nitpicking, it’s was the first super articulated megazord that combines.
I don’t have the SoC it’s way out of my price range but it’s gorgeous and would have love to have in the collection.

Another thing is this megazord is 90% base on the SoC version with a few tweaks, I think of this as a oversized ko version which is okay.
For me after watching some of those reviews I’m going to wait till it goes on sale, I’ll get it if goes down to like $85 to $80. It’ll be crazy if it goes to like $70 but that’s not likely to happen but I agree it’s not worth $165.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:46 pm

That's what I would consider as well. Especially since we have a Dragonzord coming too, and then, most likely, Titanus, who will just be absurd price wise I would think. If they deem it worth it they would probably do the rest after that, and it would just be way too expensive to replace all my Megazords, with probably minor to moderate improvements. And unfortunately, I can't afford it lol. Pretty soon I may be having to cut back more, to powers out of my control.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”