Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
SymbiSpidey
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:00 am

Slixta wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:24 am
SymbiSpidey wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:05 pm
I've seen this leak in a couple of places, but just noticed that Dino Thunder Yellow has double-jointed pinless arms. I know we got those with Dino Charge Pink, but these don't have the sculpted detail on them, so I'm assuming these will be the standard arms for the female Rangers going forward.
We also got pinless arms on the Gamestop color-swap two-pack

Ah. Didn't notice they were being used here.
Homer Badman
Super Poseable

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:14 pm

Not a bad deal today if you're a Pro member
https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles?p ... 8475|28476
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:43 pm

Somewhat related, but if you ever get the opportunity to meet Jason David Frank, 100% do it.

Probably the nicest celebrity I’ve ever met — not only did he take the time to make personal connections with everyone he met, he stayed over an hour after the convention closed to make sure every person got something signed.

A lot of celebrities capped their line and stopped signing, but he didn’t. Asked for people’s names, had real conversations with them, genuinely loved his fans. Really a highlight of the show.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:30 am

I met him a couple years ago. Wonderful experience. He was so nice to everyone. I only paid for 2 signatures (he actually gave me a discount on those too) and he just signed everything and took a photo with me for free. I brought my Dragon/Tiger morpher for him to pose with and he signed that, and my white ranger shirt, and a couple of figures, and gave me the premium goodie bag with some signed stuff and dog tags and some odds and ends. He told me if I had brought my Dagger and Saba sword he'd have signed it all lol. He was such a cool guy. One of the best experiences I've had at a con. It was funny, Adam West and Burt Ward were there too, and they had the hall specifically for them, and JDF got a booth, and his line was longer then Adam West's. No offense to Adam, he was a great actor, and he is sorely missed. But JDFs line being longer should tell people something.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:17 am

Oh yeah, JDF had the longest line there by far, and they had people from The Office, Sean Gunn was there I think along with a few others like Robert Patrick from T2.

We tried to line up minutes after the con opened and his line was already 50 deep. Huge, huge turnout.

Next time he ever swings by I’ll grab some Lightning Collection figures for him to sign, we weren’t sure if we were going to go until the last minute so just had a single Pop.
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:29 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:43 pm
Somewhat related, but if you ever get the opportunity to meet Jason David Frank, 100% do it.

Probably the nicest celebrity I’ve ever met — not only did he take the time to make personal connections with everyone he met, he stayed over an hour after the convention closed to make sure every person got something signed.

A lot of celebrities capped their line and stopped signing, but he didn’t. Asked for people’s names, had real conversations with them, genuinely loved his fans. Really a highlight of the show.
I know not everyone has the same con experiences, but I agree here. JDF was incredibly nice and stayed long last closing for us. I paid for one autograph, and he signed two and took a picture with me for free. I had an Australia shirt on and he started chatting me up about filming the PR movie there.

It was a great con - Stan Lee, Carrie Fisher, Adam West - but JDF was definitely the highlight for me next to Stan (who was also wonderful).
spy0070
pwns from home

Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:28 am

Better pictures of Kira/Dino Thunder Yellow have leaked:

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 pm

spy0070 wrote:Better pictures of Kira/Dino Thunder Yellow have leaked:

The unmasked head looks a little off but I'll have to judge better in person.

Green ranger shredder is on clearance on the gamestop website for $20. If anyone was waiting for a sale or clearance this is a good price honestly. I nabbed myself one. Even if I don't manage to get the rest, the Green Ranger Shredder is awesome and will make a nice addition to the villans shelf.

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:04 pm

JDF has always been a huge fave among PR fans and it’s a shame if Hasbro doesn’t have him play a major role in any future movies.
textual
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:37 pm

Oh yeah, I'd love for them to do more with Drakkon while JDF is still doing martial arts. Even if it's just a web series with the Bat in the Sun budget. That's basically couch cushion money for Hasbro.

InSpace Silver remains a glaring hole in my collection. Did it ever hit Walgreens?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:46 am

Not as of yet. Just ones that "fell off the line" and the ones Hasbro Pulse sold.

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:19 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:12 pm
spy0070 wrote:Better pictures of Kira/Dino Thunder Yellow have leaked:

The unmasked head looks a little off but I'll have to judge better in person.
I was thinking it looked off too, but then I looked up the actress to jog my memory and decided it's the lack of wash on the hair making it look weird.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:04 pm

That's not hard to fix. But again, I'd have to see it in person. Hasbro almost never does any kind of wash, so I'm not surprised they didn't with her hair.

I got my Shredder in the mail today. I must say, it is a pretty good figure. I really like it. Had to tighten some joints, which is odd since hes all pinless, but both knees were wobbly, his hips were loose, and his one ankle also needed tightening. After all that, it's a solid figure. Not for $35 mind you, but I could've seen myself paying $30. And $22 since I had a $5 rewards to use for shipping, was much nicer. Really good for the villans shelf. Would be really cool to get the rest somewhat cheaper too.

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:32 am

I wonder what's taking them so long to get us the Lost Galaxy Ladies.

I'm hoping we get a Pink Ranger vs. Trakeena two-pack.

That way they can include both heads for Kendrix and Karone, as well as the three Trakeena heads.

I still want Divatox first though...

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:42 am

I don't think we'll get both heads for Lost Galaxy Pink in the first release. They know most of us will buy it for both Kendall and Karone separately. I know I will, I loved lost galaxy. So they're gonna get as much out of us as they can. And even for Karone when she was Astronema they gave us 2 different figures for her different looks.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”