Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
User avatar
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu May 26, 2022 6:23 am

TENIME_art wrote:
MollyMillions wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:09 am
I swear your toy god is Crom, Tenime. He laughs at you from his mountain. Every post on any subforum is a perpetual rain cloud and sad face emoji. Major Eeyore energy. If you need me to sacrifice a goat, let me know.

My therapist said I'm what's known as a "Catastrophizer." Image I get discouraged very easily, and disappointment runs deep, even when expectations are low. The reverse of it, though, is I get just as disproportionately happy & excited when things go right, so at least there's two sides of that coin. *shrug*

The odd number of hands with no match is both an OCD & a lack of logic thing, and I'm on the Spectrum, to boot, so lack of logic (which is a major problem across the bulk of humanity) is a particular trigger.

But with everyone who goes from irked to full on raging about no vertical hinge on weapon-holding hands, I know I'm not alone there, lol.

(A goat might not hurt. Hail Satan.)
Oh I absolutely agree. I wanna make sure you don't think I was saying your frustration wasn't valid. It absolutely is. It's just, unfortunately, a side effect of production. And there's not much anyone can do about alot of it. Breakage, missing paint, and deformities come with the territory, and it sucks.

I would do a custom Keanu Reevse Revan figure for SW Black series. Rumor has it he may be cast in that role for the live action. But if hes not, that is still my dream casting for it. That would be fantastic. As one of my fave SW characters, and fave actors of all time, mixing the 2 is perfection.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk



User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1764
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu May 26, 2022 11:24 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 3:01 pm
MollyMillions wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:09 am
I swear your toy god is Crom, Tenime. He laughs at you from his mountain. Every post on any subforum is a perpetual rain cloud and sad face emoji. Major Eeyore energy. If you need me to sacrifice a goat, let me know.

My therapist said I'm what's known as a "Catastrophizer."
(A goat might not hurt. Hail Satan.)
Same across the board, man. Same. It's all or nothing in Wins or Ls with me. My therapist is constantly throwing bookmarks while I'm trying to address something else.


It's just amusing to me because I have a close friend who consistently gets the worst paint apps or QC issues on figures.

Preorders 20th Cap X2 at GameStop? Both have broken ankle rockers.
Orders Mafex Wolverine? Broken shoulder.
Orders a case of Mythic Legions all in? All have missing items or crap paint on the face.

And they wonder why I buy two/three of anything to insure myself.
User avatar
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 6597
Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:33 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu May 26, 2022 11:49 am

fletch137 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 2:33 am
I'm kind of excited about the idea of a selfie figure. And if they let us submit any ol' head, I'm in for a Masato Jin and the entire cast of Gokaiger.
I just read about this yesterday. This is going to be the action figure equivalent of online dating, where people are submitting pictures of themselves from 10-15 years ago before their faces got fat :)
textual
Runs Around in Tights
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:42 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu May 26, 2022 4:30 pm

Geki and Burai pictures flooding in,,,

I don't think Jason figures will be taken away, it would be a silly thing to do. They don't want to set a precedent where an FBI raid of Power Morphicon would bankrupt them, lol.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3558
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 9:23 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu May 26, 2022 8:20 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:49 am
This is going to be the action figure equivalent of online dating, where people are submitting pictures of themselves from 10-15 years ago before their faces got fat :)
Didn't even THINK of that! :)

But this is another good reason to go on a diet.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5410
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu May 26, 2022 8:22 pm

Well, if it's a mobile app, flat photos won't even be read by however they'll be scanning our faces...

Also, I get how just doing a head would be so much simpler than necks, forearms, hands, etc...but what if your skin tone matches an existing figure's skintone? They still gonna do the long sleeves, gloves, and turtleneck?
fletch137
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 241
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:02 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri May 27, 2022 5:57 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:49 am
I just read about this yesterday. This is going to be the action figure equivalent of online dating, where people are submitting pictures of themselves from 10-15 years ago before their faces got fat :)
Have we met?
textual
Runs Around in Tights
Posts: 200
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2005 3:42 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 29, 2022 1:44 am

So did something go wrong with the Walgreens In Space Silver release? Or is this length normal?
User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1764
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 29, 2022 5:48 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 8:22 pm
Well, if it's a mobile app, flat photos won't even be read by however they'll be scanning our faces...

Also, I get how just doing a head would be so much simpler than necks, forearms, hands, etc...but what if your skin tone matches an existing figure's skintone? They still gonna do the long sleeves, gloves, and turtleneck?
Every single figure from every franchise is a head to toe no skin showing figure.

For Leia it's the Hoth suit.

For Joe it's Snake Eyes.

Rangers speak for themselves.

Spider-Men

Etc
User avatar
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 29, 2022 7:16 am

textual wrote:So did something go wrong with the Walgreens In Space Silver release? Or is this length normal?
So far just on Pulse for a limited amount of time for premium members. I think a few maybe from wherever they get the early bird ones that "fell off the line". But so far Walgreens hasn't gotten them in store. They had Trent up on the site, but I believe hes put of stock now. And all the marvel exclusives went up there, so I'm watching the site to see if he pops up at all.

It seems DS, and maybe BBTS, are getting some of the figures that were supposed to be Walgreen's exclusive as well, past and the future. So, I'm also hoping, if he doesn't hit stores or the site, maybe they can get him. But so far it's only been Marvel figures they've gotten, so who knows.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5410
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 29, 2022 8:07 am

MollyMillions wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:48 am
Every single figure from every franchise is a head to toe no skin showing figure.

For Leia it's the Hoth suit.

For Joe it's Snake Eyes.

Rangers speak for themselves.

Spider-Men

Etc
10-4 (it did show Ghostbusters with black - the pantone color, not the skin color - necks, I was just wondering if they were gonna do that with other figures)

I don't know how to view Developer mode, is there a list of available bodies we can peruse, or will we just have to wait for them to go up for order?

Kinda hoping to get another MM Blue to make my display more symmetrical, even if I don't use "my" head, just because he's so expensive on eBay.

Image
(Can't even see my Putties & Tengas, so there's really no room for the four Ninjas I have [haven't found a Pink in store yet to fix this two right fists debacle], but I intend to move this display anyway to hopefully allow more room for both more heroes & villains) (And it's too bad they never got Ape/Bear/Wolf/Crane/Frog helmets...would make my double-sided lineup look better if it wasn't the same dino helmets on both sides)

It would be cool if they did a gender swap Blue like they did with Red, but I doubt that's source accurate, and I assume for these "selfie" figures, they're gonna be previously done bodies & just pop the custom heads on them.
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4957
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 29, 2022 1:34 pm

I had to giggle at your placement of Alpha 5. I love it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User avatar
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2917
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:03 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun May 29, 2022 11:56 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
MollyMillions wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 5:48 am
Every single figure from every franchise is a head to toe no skin showing figure.

For Leia it's the Hoth suit.

For Joe it's Snake Eyes.

Rangers speak for themselves.

Spider-Men

Etc
10-4 (it did show Ghostbusters with black - the pantone color, not the skin color - necks, I was just wondering if they were gonna do that with other figures)

I don't know how to view Developer mode, is there a list of available bodies we can peruse, or will we just have to wait for them to go up for order?

Kinda hoping to get another MM Blue to make my display more symmetrical, even if I don't use "my" head, just because he's so expensive on eBay.

Image
(Can't even see my Putties & Tengas, so there's really no room for the four Ninjas I have [haven't found a Pink in store yet to fix this two right fists debacle], but I intend to move this display anyway to hopefully allow more room for both more heroes & villains) (And it's too bad they never got Ape/Bear/Wolf/Crane/Frog helmets...would make my double-sided lineup look better if it wasn't the same dino helmets on both sides)

It would be cool if they did a gender swap Blue like they did with Red, but I doubt that's source accurate, and I assume for these "selfie" figures, they're gonna be previously done bodies & just pop the custom heads on them.
As far as I remember they never had those other helmets. They kept the og helmets with just the new symbols on the chest (in the movie). Although those helmets would be kinda cool to have.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk


User avatar
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1764
Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:59 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Mon May 30, 2022 11:24 am

As you say, the Ghostbusters suit hides the skin with black gloves and a black later under the jumpsuit.

There's pictures of every option here:


https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2022/05/ ... es-reveal/

As of now, it's not that deep, just Red and Pink Rangers to cover the body types there.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 5410
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue May 31, 2022 6:33 pm

Dangit.

Back to eBay... :|

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”