Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri May 20, 2022 7:55 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:They ate 100% definitely different. The two pack silver are brighter and opaque, the single release is duller and slightly translucent. Without looking, I THINK the single release is also missong the texture paint details of the two pack.

I found a ton of black and blue Nijetti, picked the best ones, and cancelled my PO. Still waiting on Pulse for my Kim. Tempted to grab one of the bad-paint Tommy's and repaint it into a Green Ranger version.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind
I was tempted to do the same thing but I'll wait for clearance and see if I get lucky with some good face paints. I can't just buy figures for customs anymore at the price they want.

DS just charged me for red Ecliptor. I won't ship him until more stuff comes in, but just a heads up hes probably gonne be hitting soon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 8:52 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 11:52 am
Is the single box Cog the same as the grey Cog from the two pack?
No, it's different.

The two-packs are lighter and sparkly US Footage Cogs.

The single release are the darker Japanese Footage Cogs.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 10:04 pm

Uh oh. The Red Ranger just got pinched for stealing around $3.5 million in PPP loans.

If he ends up in more serious trouble, don't expect any new Jason figures anytime soon. :shock:
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 20, 2022 10:30 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Uh oh. The Red Ranger just got pinched for stealing around $3.5 million in PPP loans.

If he ends up in more serious trouble, don't expect any new Jason figures anytime soon. :shock:
I saw. Thankfully(?) they’ve pretty much done all the Jason figures, unless there’s an Omega Ranger set on the line.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 12:21 am

ODBJBG wrote:

Yeah, I saw that. It's a real shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_gth61jS98

Hold on to those MMPR Jasons.

As far as the Omega Rangers go, that comic art really looks nothing like the original actors. That may be a bit of a grey area. Before this, I fully expected those Omega Rangers to get figures of their own.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 1:50 am

Lmao. Nice. I kept telling people he was a pos. Glad he finally got caught for something.

mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:00 am

I never liked Jason. He's the origin of my Red Ranger Bias. And re-watching as an adult I liked him even less. "Lunkhead" was the word that came to mind. Now I'm nor cheering that he got jammed up, but as they say "play stupid games, win stupid prizes." Rocky did nothing and was super thin on characterization, but was still a better Red Ranger.
I will say, at first when I heard Red Ranger was in legal trouble, I thought "oh no, not Zeyto" as a character and what I've seen of the actor he seems pretty likeable.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 6:20 am

Two-Pack on the Left, Single Pack on the Right:

Two-Pack has swirly-twirly silver, and Single Pack has darker translucent, which works really coolly for a robotic character.

2P also has that dot-matrix-y design that is not present on SP's translucency.

Golds seem to match, though.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 5:52 pm

Just received an email saying my Ninja Blue & Black shipped. Let's see what kind of condition these arrive in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 10:59 pm

Billy is the one I'd worry about. I saw 16 of them at 1 store and only 2 were worth buying. I think I figured out why he looks so choppy. It's his plastic. I don't know if its the kind of plastic, or maybe the color, but it just blemishes easy. Even the neck scarf thing, when bent, just shows stress marks. None of the rest do it from what I've seen. Any kind of small bend, or nick, or scrape, just shows up really bright, making those spots look almost white on top of the blue color.

zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 11:26 pm

I saw multiples of the white, black, and blue ninjas at Target and was shocked how bad the QC was on most all of them. I’m passing on them all and canceling my preorder for the next wave.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 12:41 am

At least it's too late to "cancel" the re-release MMPR Red like poor Cara Dune. I need two more!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 2:15 am

Concerning the Ninjetti, I've noticed a lot of pitting on the belts. Something during the manufacturing process is creating tiny nicks & the paint on top exaggerates the blemishes. I didn't see much of it on White, but Pink, Black, & Blue seem to suffer greatly.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun May 22, 2022 2:45 am

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 10:33 am

Lmfao. Nice. That brought a small smile to my face.

If you can find good ones of the Ninjetti figures they are fantastic. It's just finding good paint apps that are the issue. Even some bad paint apps can be fixed with ease. But quite a few of them looked beyond repair. I just hope Hasbro doesn't think, if they go on clearance or don't sell through enough, that it's not because the of the figure choices themselves. Because it would be almost entirely QC issues. Which, to be fair, has plagued this line since wave 2. I don't remember very much bad about wave 1. But after that, its had alot of issues with paint and breakage and mold deformities, likeness problems, let alone some questionable choices like no Zeo blue weapons with Rocky and Trent not getting more then 1 form of his quill/sword, plus his helmet being unpainted. I can make a long list of missteps and screw ups. But luckily, what they do right, is usually pretty good.

When shopping for the Ninjetti I did notice that almost all had the chest emblem done perfect, or close to it. So at least they got that right. So, I would highly recommend, if you really want these figures but can't find good face apps, to maybe buy some of the less egregious ones, and try your hand at fixing it yourself. While painting eyes and skin tones and unsculpted facial hair is a pain in the ass, eyebrow touch ups, and some excess paint removal is fairly easy. Just takes a bit of a steady hand and patience. If you're careful, you can use an exacto knife to carefully scrape off the excess paint, and a fine tip brush and some paint and sealer (or I heard gundam markers are nice) work easy enough for eyebrows and the headband. And with these figures it's basically like coloring on the line when it comes to eyebrows. What do you have to lose? If you don't like it, take it back to the store. But I do think people should try their hands at it. And I know we shouldn't have to, I keep preaching that on here. But it's the world we live in these days. Who knows, maybe you'd like it. Or even get good at it. It feels almost like using a coloring book, to me anyway.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics