Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
DVD
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:11 am

My area is still a desert for new PR stuff. No new 2pks, no Wave 10, no Pudgy Pig or Eyeguy...bah! So I went ahead and ordered the new 2pks off of Amazon, and they'll be here on Friday. I also nabbed the Target Andros last week and while I've seen clips and such from the show, I have zero connection to him(or the majority of the entire series). But cool designs are cool designs, and with the helmet on and the robe off...it looks like some sort of army builder. To hell with the canon, it just looks awesome. We'll see if I can find a few more.
Garlador
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:21 pm

DVD wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:11 am
My area is still a desert for new PR stuff. No new 2pks, no Wave 10, no Pudgy Pig or Eyeguy...bah! So I went ahead and ordered the new 2pks off of Amazon, and they'll be here on Friday. I also nabbed the Target Andros last week and while I've seen clips and such from the show, I have zero connection to him(or the majority of the entire series). But cool designs are cool designs, and with the helmet on and the robe off...it looks like some sort of army builder. To hell with the canon, it just looks awesome. We'll see if I can find a few more.
My local Walmart has ceased carrying any Lightning Collection figures. It sucks. There's a Gamestop nearby that's basically my only retail alternative at this point. I much prefer buying in-person to pick out the figures with the least paint issues, but I get the feeling that I'll be going more and more online to keep up.
badguy543
CROM!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:13 pm

I bought a Amazon Warehouse markdown two pack of Scorpina and Yellow Ranger. The description said the box was damaged but the figures were fine. The yellow rangers helmeted head was floating loose in the package with the ball peg still inside the head. Broken exactly like a previous poster stated. If this is an issue with this set I may not even bother buying a replacement.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:36 pm

Metallic Red & Yellow are on their way, and I just snagged Piggy for $24 shipped on Target! (Circle coupon for 25% off one toy)
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:58 pm

I wonder why Aieshas head may be an issue while it's literally the same body as any other female ranger. Maybe it's the plastic used. Or a problem with the production run, like was going on with the exploding crotch of the stealth blue Iron Man figure.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 1:09 am

I picked up the Pig at Target and just like that, with less than a month left to go, Tenga has a serious contender for best PR figure of the year! Very happy with him. I was excited to see they added some paint shading instead of just leaving him a flat, plastic-y flesh tone. The articulation is surprisingly versatile.
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:35 pm

Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:54 am

Missed Zhane again.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:28 am

Neil Magnum wrote:Missed Zhane again.
As did I.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:29 am

Glitter Rangers shipped yesterday. I was tempted to cancel them, but I already had Kat so I figured I might as well keep my preorder.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:00 am

scottg10 wrote:
On Pulse for premium members:

Andros
https://hasbropulse.com/products/power- ... ros-figure

IS Silver
https://hasbropulse.com/products/power- ... ger-figure
Was Zhane actually up earlier?

If so he must have just flickered in and out cuz I check him daily in the morning...
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:16 am

Slixta wrote:
scottg10 wrote:

Andros

IS Silver

If so he must have just flickered in and out cuz I check him daily in the morning...
Based on tweets it was up between 12 and 1 for premium and some period after 1 for non-premium. So, it was up for a while, possibly up and down,
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:44 am

scottg10 wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:16 am
Slixta wrote:
scottg10 wrote:

Andros

IS Silver

Based on tweets it was up between 12 and 1 for premium and some period after 1 for non-premium. So, it was up for a while, possibly up and down,
That's so aggravating, why couldn't they put a notice up in advance...
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 pm

Got my Sparkle Rangers in the mail today. They're not bad. I have a few small gripes though. Kat from earlier doesn't have the black lightning bolts painted on the morpher. And all the new ones do. So she stands out. Wish they would've done hers too. All the male human heads needed dremmelled out a bit. They were really tight and it felt like after a little while they would snap the ball off the neck. So I had to loosen them up. Rocky's shoulders were also really stuck. I had to force them quite a bit to pop them loose. Almost felt like I was gonna break them. All of the silver plastic pieces (boots, hands, butterfly shoulders) all look pink in certain lights. And Aiesha kinda looks green in some lights. It's not terrible, just odd. Otherwise, the plastic is really solid. The paint decos were all really well done. And it doesn't look like any of it will rub off easily, but I sealed it all up anyway. Also sealed the helmets and the weapons. Cause that shit likes to rub off easy too. But it seemed like, for at least the helmets, the paint was better then the older helmets. The new Red Ranger helmet looks good, and Rocky's head also looks pretty good. Still kinda misses the mark on his actual face, but its much better then the Zeo version. All the human heads look really good honestly. Billy is probably the worst, and that's just because of his buck tooth open mouth look. But its still not as bad as Kim's head.

Now I didn't think about it before I got them, and its not necessarily a bad thing, but the Zeo Crystals are kinda mismatched. Billy never got one, but he comes with Zeo 3, and Rocky was actually Zeo 3, and they gave him Zeo 5. So, they got the colors right, for where the Crystals should go, but not the characters. Zeo 5 should go with Tommy, who still hasn't gotten his Sparkle suit. And Billy just stops being a ranger, and leaves the show shortly after, so he really shouldn't get a crystal. Aiesha also loses her powers and never actually gets Zeo 2, Tanya replaces her, even before the season ends. Aisesha checks out before Billy. Like I said, not a big deal, and I get why they gave them to who they did, it's just a little oddity. And speaking of Sparkle Tommy, I'm wondering when we'll actually get him, and if he'll have a crystal. Anyway, in my display Rocky will sport the Zeo 3 and Billy will hold Zeo 5 till we get Tommy, and then he'll have none, and should come with a sad hes not a ranger anymore face. I may just even give the Crystals to the actual Zeo Rangers, but most of them have dual weapons, so that may be hard too. Decisions decisions.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

K_Steel
Prognostibator

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:37 am

I think the Zeo Crystals are supposed to reflect that scene in Master Vile and the Metallic Armor, where they each grabbed a Zeo sub-Crystal and threw it into the time hole.

Also, off-topic.. Rito is a safe bet for 2022. I'd wager on it.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”