Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:09 am

My two Cog sets should be here by Saturday. Very excited to have more jobbers.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:33 am

The MMPR figures for next year are the Ninjetti exclusives. Odds are we'll also probably see Rocky and Adam in their MMPR colors as a 2 pack or something similar, like Aiesha and Kat. The MMPR figures aren't going anywhere lol. Still need the movie suits.

It's weird as far as heads go for them. They do some standouts like Trini and Adam, I like Syds head alot too. Honestly most of the SPD figures heads are really nice. Some more then others, but I haven't disliked any. Same with Dino Charge. And Kat was damn near perfect in her sparkly exclusive. And then they shit the bed on others. Like with both Zacks, and Rockys Zeo head. They can't even be consistent with the poster boy. His first head was great, his Zeo head was, not a bad head, but looked more like his brother. And the green headband version looked off. Not bad. Just off.

And speaking of heads, I wonder what they're gonna do with Wild Force red. Maybe that's why they're putting him in with a bike. So they can send it to Amazon and not have that face sitting on store shelves. So they can include it so collectors get it if they want, and if they don't they can just pitch it. Kinda like what they should do if they redo Slave Leia. And mom Karens won't really see it in store to bitch about it. Would be a smart way to go. I just hope they don't skip it. I know why they skipped Omegas head, it was seen for like 2 seconds on the last episode. But cole was basically the star of that season more or less. I personally would prefer they give us the option.

Could always just get another headband Tommy and do a little paint work too, considering, as I said above, it looks off. Although I don't think hes that cheap anymore. I haven't looked recently.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:34 am

Why can't Hasbro get Amy Jo Johnson right?

It's an improvement for sure, but it still isn't good.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:02 pm

Interesting with the leaks. If true.
The higlights:
-Glad we are getting Kira (Dino Thunder Yellow). I like her, and I'll need two so I can add her to the "Once A Ranger" team.
-Awesome to get Beast Morphers yellow and finish that core team.
-Weird choice to start Wild Force, not a very good season, IMO. But, cool if true on Jindrax. One of my top 10 PR Mooks. We need Toxica now.
-Good, more Time Force. That was a good season we need more of.

The lowlights:
-Ugh, Wild Force. Bad suits and worse acting. Cole got way too much attention for such a bad character. Also, I understand why they are starting with Merrick (Lunar Wolf) but he seemed a pale bad boy Tommy-wannabe to me.
-Wild Force an no Zen-aku.
-Once again, not even starting Mystic Force or Ninja Storm. It will be 2025 before I can even hope to complete the "Once a Ranger" team at this pace.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:14 pm

Is wild force the one with the murderer ranger?
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:28 pm

I got my sets this afternoon. The knees are very stiff, had to put them in some heat to loosen up a little.

Yes, Ricardo Medina played Cole, Wild Force Red Ranger and was in prison for voluntary manslaughter. He was released in Nov 2020. They could make a generic looking Cole and no one would really tell the difference.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:00 pm

citysushi wrote:Is wild force the one with the murderer ranger?
It wasn't murder. It was self defense manslaughter. If it was murder he would've been put away for life.

I think we had this discussion about Cole's head before. A couple times actually. Now we get to see what they actually do. I'd be fine with a generic head. I just wouldn't be fine with none at all.

sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:08 pm

They'll more than likely still put Cole's head in there. Ricardo Medina doesn't even look like Cole anymore.

Plus, do we really think there will be some sort of outcry? I don't think anyone is going to give it a second thought if it happened to be released on store shelves.
K_Steel
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:40 pm

I think that's why they're packaging Cole with the bike. They can shift the focus to the bike during the video reveals.

As far as actual resemblance to the actor, chances are it won't look like him anyway. Remember Conner.
K_Steel
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:10 am

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sat Sep 25, 2021 7:17 pm

Got my Cog sets in.

Like the Putties, they're a very good set, especially now that this time they give you two identical sets of accessories rather than one set to share between the two figures. Silver Cogs look great with the metallic sheen and subtle carbon fiber-esque detailing on the torso and limbs. The red Cogs also look good, but they're definitely the more plain-looking of the two. Paint apps on the open head are real nice, too.

Downside to them is how stiff those knees are out of the box. Heating and careful pressure is definitely the route to take, though I did essentially force them loose but pulling on them while ensuring I was putting opposing pressure on the joints to keep the plastic from stressing and stretching out. Once you get them freed up they're totally fine, but it's absolutely understandable to find them really scary to mess with.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:18 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:They'll more than likely still put Cole's head in there. Ricardo Medina doesn't even look like Cole anymore.

Plus, do we really think there will be some sort of outcry? I don't think anyone is going to give it a second thought if it happened to be released on store shelves.
I wouldn't think there would be either. But when we had this conversation a couple times before, some people seemed like they would be offended or not buy the figure because of the character or head. I'm inclined to believe they wouldn't have bought it anyway, but you never know. Most regular peoples wouldn't honestly know shit about it. Just the harder fans. But some people are just that way. Shane from Ninja Storm was also brought into the conversation as well.

mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:36 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:Got my Cog sets in.

Like the Putties, they're a very good set, especially now that this time they give you two identical sets of accessories rather than one set to share between the two figures. Silver Cogs look great with the metallic sheen and subtle carbon fiber-esque detailing on the torso and limbs. The red Cogs also look good, but they're definitely the more plain-looking of the two. Paint apps on the open head are real nice, too.

Downside to them is how stiff those knees are out of the box. Heating and careful pressure is definitely the route to take, though I did essentially force them loose but pulling on them while ensuring I was putting opposing pressure on the joints to keep the plastic from stressing and stretching out. Once you get them freed up they're totally fine, but it's absolutely understandable to find them really scary to mess with.
Mine came Friday, and I agree with all of this. I'd really like to eventually get one or two more sets. And I wish I knew where or if I still had my vintage cogs. I wonder if they would look good in the back as crowd filler. I had three, my first army builder.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:22 pm

Thought i'd share cause i've been wanting to buy the King Sphinx and saw its on sale at $14.99. Then it rang up at $8.99. I think that Pumpkin Rapper is on sale too.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:20 am

lefthook wrote:
Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:22 pm
Thought i'd share cause i've been wanting to buy the King Sphinx and saw its on sale at $14.99. Then it rang up at $8.99. I think that Pumpkin Rapper is on sale too.
Yep both monsters are $8.99, I picked up sphinx as well.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”