Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:18 am

Credit to ze Rangerboard
Grak wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:46 pm
TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Has there ever been a Grey Ranger? :mrgreen:
Yes, sort of. Dino Charge had a Graphite Ranger. I guess they thought that sounded cooler?

And Saban probably didn't want kids to mispronounce 'Gray' Ranger as something else.
Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:05 am

If we didn't know about the standalone Shredder, I'd guess him for sure as coming with the Red Turtle Ranger. As it is, I'm guessing it's likely going to be a foot soldier type of figure, or maybe in a rare twist we'll get a unique monster from the Turtle-verse for them to fight instead of just Shredder.

The only reason I don't see them doing the Ninja Rangers yet is because that would leave the rest of the team unfinished until at least this time next year given the release schedule they're working off of, unless they do some kind of fan channel release. But I'd be happy to be wrong, as those designs look cool too, and I'm always down for more civilian style characters in the line.
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble

Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:36 am

The Price Hike is for real.

Last week at my local Walmart in Canada, these pegwarmers were priced at 10 dollars less.

Now you're paying nearly $40 Canadian per figure, after Tax.

Meanwhile the DC McF stuff is around $25 CAD.

Somethings definitely up with the Hasbro.
Burkion
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:01 am

I think, judging by NECA, its less something up with Hasbro and more that they're getting ahead of the curve.

Prices are jumping all over the place.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:25 am

Inflation is upon us. Prices will be creeping up in everything.

These Turtle Rangers came out very nice.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 1:21 pm

Misfit wrote:I know everyone has their own toy budgets and I'm not trying to shame you or anything, but you'd let a $2 price hike alter your spending habits to that degree? Not that I want companies to just start tacking on a couple of bucks to their price-points, but something that small wouldn't alter anything on my end. Especially if there was a justification behind the jump that isn't just inflation related. Now the $10 Super7 price hike from earlier this year? That definitely affected my habits because that added $40 to the cost of one of their 4 figure waves, basically making it like buying 5 figures under the old model while only receiving 4. That one sucked, even though I understand why it had to happen. And it definitely played a role in my approach to their Power Rangers offering. Had they stayed at $45, I may have taken the plunge on the Green and Yellow Rangers, but instead I just grabbed Goldar and the T-Rex as they should work fine with my current Bandai/Lightning Collection hybrid display I have going on.
If I were just cherry picking the line like I do TFs, SW, and ML then it wouldn't be as big a deal. But that $2 a figure when you're buying almost everything adds up quick. Wave of 4 gets an extra $8, 2 packs that are coming 2 at a time are also another $8, and then exclusives and army builders add even more. $23 as it is is getting steep for me. Hence why I cut down so much on ML and SW. It just adds up over time. Especially when you alot so much of the budget for things, and things are released close together. Bills and food both exist. I've lived off Ramen and Katsup packets before. I don't wanna go back down that road just for plastic I don't *need*. And it wouldn't necessarily mean jumping off altogether. But being alot more selective with the teams I do get. Which sucks because I really want as many teams as I can get, aside from shitty A Squad. Also especially since they're probably doing the Ninjetti and movie suits soon. I absolutely love both those looks.

I like the April head alot. But as with the first set I'm gonna have to wait. If Shredder is indeed a Fan Channel figure and is only say $25 (only cause hes a special case) I may preorder him, depending on his release date. But anything more or if it's also november I'll have to wait on him too. I may be the only one, but the Turtle heads look a little small to me. They look nice. But just kinda undersized.

Silver is a kind of grey? Lol. And Kat Manx Ranger outift had Orange in its color scheme. As did Jungle Fury Silver. But neither are considered orange. Kat is just Kat Ranger. And I don't know if they actually said the colors on Jungle Fury, but it was a Rhino. I think they went with the animals and not the colors, at least for the 2 added later members.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:07 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:36 am

Now you're paying nearly $40 Canadian per figure, after Tax.

Meanwhile the DC McF stuff is around $25 CAD.

Somethings definitely up with the Hasbro.
I look at it as less a Hasbro thing, and instead wonder just how McFarlane is keeping their prices down. I don't own any of their stuff because it doesn't appeal to me, but it looks solid and of good quality so it's pretty impressive they're able to make money at that price point (especially since they're selling licenses that aren't cheap). I know they can be light on accessories, but otherwise, they look like a tremendous value. I guess enjoy it while it lasts.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:47 pm

I see it more as a Hasbro thing, as Mattel, Jazwares and McFarlane prices have held so far. Hasbro is the only one jacking prices that I've noticed.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:18 pm

red ranger raph and foot solider tommy
on pulse
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:26 pm

Interesting. I wonder if they will consider a separate single release of the Foot Soldier so people could get multiples? Probably not - since I'm assuming whatever deal they've got limits them to the Power Rangers crossover stuff and an army builder foot soldier might cross a line. But for me personally I would buy up a bunch of these Foot Soldiers as they appeal to me in a way that the NECA and Super7 offerings never have.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Grabbed my set off Pulse. In some ways Raph is the best looking of the Rangers, but has the worst head. And as I am anti-red, and Raph is in my bottom two Turtles, it says something that I like the figure so much.
Tommy looks all right, if a little plain. Haven't read the comic yet, is Tommy good or evil in this series? Just asking so I know where to put him. GR Shredder will probably go with Zedd, Rita, and Drakkon on the villains side. I have fully masked Fighting Sprirt GR there as well as my "evil" GR.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:27 pm

Dorkside has it too.

Bravo to Hasbro on getting these fun fan desired figures to many avenues so it’s easy to get. Yes the cost is more. But it’s not something you have scramble to get with a few suppliers.

Thwipp!

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:29 pm

Red Ranger Turtle and Foot Soldier both look really cool. Loving the larger heroic build on these turtle Rangers, too.

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:32 pm

This is a something they can expand on too. MMPR in ninja looks, the Turtle Mega Zord….

Fun companion option to the main line.

Thwipp!

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:06 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Grabbed my set off Pulse. In some ways Raph is the best looking of the Rangers, but has the worst head. And as I am anti-red, and Raph is in my bottom two Turtles, it says something that I like the figure so much.
Tommy looks all right, if a little plain. Haven't read the comic yet, is Tommy good or evil in this series? Just asking so I know where to put him. GR Shredder will probably go with Zedd, Rita, and Drakkon on the villains side. I have fully masked Fighting Sprirt GR there as well as my "evil" GR.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
Tommy is good. He infiltrated the Foot Clan to save a friend who has bought into the clan.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”

Recent Topics