Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
User avatar
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm

Neil Magnum wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 pm
https://dorksidetoys.com/products/power ... pril-oneil

Power Rangers Lightning Collection MMPR X TMNT Morphed Michelangelo & Morphed April O'Neil up for preorder on Dorkside and on Pulse.
5th release of MMPR Pink.

That Mikey head looks awesome though.

Any guesses who Red will be coming with?
User avatar
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 514
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:17 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:13 pm
Neil Magnum wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:06 pm
https://dorksidetoys.com/products/power ... pril-oneil

Power Rangers Lightning Collection MMPR X TMNT Morphed Michelangelo & Morphed April O'Neil up for preorder on Dorkside and on Pulse.
5th release of MMPR Pink.

That Mikey head looks awesome though.

Any guesses who Red will be coming with?
Probably Green Ranger Shredder.
User avatar
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:31 pm

I thought so, but Green Ranger Shredder is getting it's own separate 'Exclusive' release, as a 'Fan Channel' Exclusive. 'Fan Boom Shredder'
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1303
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:33 pm

K_Steel wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:31 pm
I thought so, but Green Ranger Shredder is getting it's own separate 'Exclusive' release, as a 'Fan Channel' Exclusive. 'Fan Boom Shredder'
Maybe plans have changed?
User avatar
K_Steel
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 571
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:31 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:35 pm

I don't know. There were always 3 MMPRxTurtles 2-packs announced.

Could be Jason in the Ninja gear, or Casey Jones or something.
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 10597
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:21 pm

Can't resist these. I love the Turtle Ranger body sculpt and need all 4 of the dudes. I never bought the Pink Ranger previously so I don't mind this one and I love the April head sculpt. If the Super 7 Ultimates figure had a head sculpt like this I would have bought it.

So, if Shredder is coming as a stand alone Green Ranger, then we should get Red Ranger Raph and .... was there a white ranger in the book? There wasn't right. Could he be packaged with one of the MMPR Ninjas? Like Jason in his red ninja get up:

Image

They teased a silhouette of a ninja ranger previously. Could they use those parts for something here?

Was Splinter in the comic? Would they do something with him? Super curious about it now. Or will the last 2-pack just have Green Ranger Shredder - that would seem easiest.
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 10123
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:45 pm

I know this probably violates Power Ranger lore, but I think it would have been neat if Mikey was an Orange Ranger and Donnie was a Purple Ranger. You have two of the turtles line up colorwise between their character colors and Power Ranger colors. And then two who don't. Is there something in Power Ranger lore which suggests there may be other color Rangers out there?
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 10597
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:05 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:45 pm
I know this probably violates Power Ranger lore, but I think it would have been neat if Mikey was an Orange Ranger and Donnie was a Purple Ranger. You have two of the turtles line up colorwise between their character colors and Power Ranger colors. And then two who don't. Is there something in Power Ranger lore which suggests there may be other color Rangers out there?
There was an orange ranger (sort of) in SPD. There was a purple ranger in Jungle Fury and more recently in Dino Charge. They aren't common colors for Power Rangers but they have been done in the past. But since this started with Boom Studios - I think Boom has only been working with MMPR and not most of the other iterations, so they stuck to the Mighty Morphin' color schemes.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1303
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:45 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:32 pm

Bulk and Skull were orange and purple rangers in one of the backup stories.

Ryu and Chun-li soon?
User avatar
Maximoff
no more subnics
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Hiney
Posts: 8651
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2004 10:32 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:40 pm

Ash Talon wrote:I know this probably violates Power Ranger lore, but I think it would have been neat if Mikey was an Orange Ranger and Donnie was a Purple Ranger. You have two of the turtles line up colorwise between their character colors and Power Ranger colors. And then two who don't. Is there something in Power Ranger lore which suggests there may be other color Rangers out there?
I do think they would be cool in their own colors as rangers and have turtle design helmets. But this is based on the comics where they borrow the morphers and Dino coins so it stays specific to that. Personality and team position Donnie would be blue and Leo would be red. But they went for color matching as much as they could. Blue ranger being the leader is really off to me.
User avatar
shazam612
CROM!
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:24 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 pm

citysushi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:33 pm
K_Steel wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:31 pm
I thought so, but Green Ranger Shredder is getting it's own separate 'Exclusive' release, as a 'Fan Channel' Exclusive. 'Fan Boom Shredder'
Maybe plans have changed?
The figure packed with Raphael will most likely be Foot Clan Tommy or Foot Clan Putty (which would make a better single release)
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 4049
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:06 pm

Has there ever been a Grey Ranger? :mrgreen:



Sent from my SM-G930VC using Tapatalk

Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 236
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:39 pm

I am surprised they revealed this so soon. Thought it would be a week between reveals. Also shocked April was packed with Mikey. I would have bet money that she would be placed with an army builder. Glad she wasn't though.

I assume Raph is with Casey, though I don't really remember Casey in the story. A metalhead would be nice though.

It's unfortunate they didn't go with a taller stylized body for April. Her Pink Ranger suit was skinnier and taller.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

User avatar
shazam612
CROM!
Posts: 995
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:24 am

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:05 pm

Casey wasn’t in the book
Grak
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 53
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:46 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:06 pm
Has there ever been a Grey Ranger? :mrgreen:
Yes, sort of. Dino Charge had a Graphite Ranger. I guess they thought that sounded cooler?
shazam612 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:05 pm
Casey wasn’t in the book
I haven't read the comics but it looks like Casey was in it.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”





Recent Topics