Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Andru
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:25 pm

So did Pulse push out the Tenga Warrior from 08.01 to 10.01 without any notice?

Did I miss an e-mail?
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:13 pm

Mine says shipping soon, but I would be unsurprised to see it any day now.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:27 pm

Mine says 10/1, which as long as I eventually get them, am absolutely fine with. Too much is hitting right now, I wouldn't want to have to sacrifice anything.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:29 pm

My pol that is coming sunday has 2 in it anyway, so I am not in a big hurry.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 am

Is the Pig guy exclusive to that $60 set? Or is there a rumor/news that he will be released later as a single minus the lunchbox and accessories?

I've been hoping for that Pig Guy for a while now. It's one of those few characters I really remember. But $60 is a little steep.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:51 pm

christianpyro wrote:Is the Pig guy exclusive to that $60 set? Or is there a rumor/news that he will be released later as a single minus the lunchbox and accessories?

I've been hoping for that Pig Guy for a while now. It's one of those few characters I really remember. But $60 is a little steep.
It had it's own product page on Hasbro Pulse. The only rumor was it was gonna be $45. Then when it went up on the site it was $65 or so. But you can't buy it yet. And I'm not sure if the page is still even up. And Drakkon Evo III still hasn't gotten a mass release without the extras. So I'm guessing he won't be rereleased either. It was a little steep at $45, but the special packaging and it being a con exclusive made sense. At $65, it's an easy pass. That's double what the other monsters were and they were *debatably* not worth that price with the missing paint. Pudgy Pig seems to be a little better in that department. But not for $65. I can't tell you what to do with your money, but the more people that don't buy it, maybe Hasbro would get the idea that this practice of making con exclusives outrageous prices like this isn't gonna fly. Even $45 was a stretch, but not completely unfounded. $65 is an insult to the fans and the people who support this line.

Also the less are bought maybe the more likely he goes on sale for a reasonable price, then people should pick him up and maybe help Hasbro get the idea.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:38 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:51 pm
christianpyro wrote:Is the Pig guy exclusive to that $60 set? Or is there a rumor/news that he will be released later as a single minus the lunchbox and accessories?

It had it's own product page on Hasbro Pulse. The only rumor was it was gonna be $45. Then when it went up on the site it was $65 or so. But you can't buy it yet. And I'm not sure if the page is still even up. And Drakkon Evo III still hasn't gotten a mass release without the extras. So I'm guessing he won't be rereleased either. It was a little steep at $45, but the special packaging and it being a con exclusive made sense. At $65, it's an easy pass. That's double what the other monsters were and they were *debatably* not worth that price with the missing paint. Pudgy Pig seems to be a little better in that department. But not for $65. I can't tell you what to do with your money, but the more people that don't buy it, maybe Hasbro would get the idea that this practice of making con exclusives outrageous prices like this isn't gonna fly. Even $45 was a stretch, but not completely unfounded. $65 is an insult to the fans and the people who support this line.

Also the less are bought maybe the more likely he goes on sale for a reasonable price, then people should pick him up and maybe help Hasbro get the idea.

It wasn't a rumor per se, it was the actual press release that Hasbro sent out to news sites for solicitation that incorrectly cited the $45. This happened with a couple of their other exclusives too.

I wouldn't bet too heavily on them discounting unsold stock, as they just raised the price on the Drakkon set from last year, and I've seen some of their exclusives from years prior just mysteriously vanish without ever going on sale. I do think, given the character's popularity, there's a chance we could see a regular release of this figure, minus some of the accessories and the packaging, but only if the monsters line continues which I don't feel like is a guarantee at the moment.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:53 am

That's true. Honestly we don't know what could happen with it. I wouldn't bet on it getting a a regular release though. That's for sure. But I would pleasantly surprised if it did. I just don't see it, since they wanna charge so much for it and make people pay that. Which is highway robbery.

Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Anyone have series 9 ship from Amazon yet? I have 5 tengas on order from Amazon and 2 from pulse, but nothing shipped yet.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:00 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Anyone have series 9 ship from Amazon yet? I have 5 tengas on order from Amazon and 2 from pulse, but nothing shipped yet.

Amazon put a charge on my Wave 9 orders of Carlos, Kai and the Tenga. They always charge me when they are about to ship so probably in the next few days, hopefully tomorrow since it now has Arriving Wednesday.
scottg10
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:44 am

Neil Magnum wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:00 am
Child_of_the_90's wrote:

Amazon put a charge on my Wave 9 orders of Carlos, Kai and the Tenga. They always charge me when they are about to ship so probably in the next few days, hopefully tomorrow since it now has Arriving Wednesday.
Mine shipped, arriving tomorrow.
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:48 am

Mine says arriving wednesday. Just glad people are actually getting them shipped. I got the rest of wave 9 from target.com when they had their sale, but the tengas are what I really want.

Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:52 am

On another note,gorilla grodd from the mcfarlane dc line is 10 bucks on amazon. Seems like a good base for a Silverback, Goldars brother from the comics. Could also be a good base for Primatar, the shape shifting white baboon. Head proportion is small for that one though.

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:15 pm

citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:16 pm

Already ordered, so hype! Most hype I've been for Lightning Collection since Drakkon Evo III.

Where's the other 2 sets and Shredder?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”