Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:04 pm

It's funny to see which figures hang around longer than others. It will almost always vary from locality. In my neck of the woods, LC figures tend to stick around for about a week and then they're gone. Doesn't matter which season they're from. This is mostly at a few different Targets I frequent. Anecdotal for sure, but still interesting to see the variety. MMPR always sells across the board, but I'm glad to see people are willing to expand their interest and not become beholden to one season.

The only ones that haven't really moved are the Monsters for the aforementioned reasons posted earlier on. I'm not going to go in-depth on that discussion again, but it's a little sad that we just can't get cool monsters to sell. I'm not sure it would have made much of a difference if they were painted appropriately to tell you the truth.

Oh well. At least we can get grunts and generals. Maybe Super7 can focus on Monsters.
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:11 pm

As others have said, the lack of paint, the 7-inch height and the price are what hurt the Monsters figures, but I do think Monsters figures would sell if the line continues. The recent Lightning Collection poll showed a majority of fans wanted the line to continue and a lot of fans want the new figures to be in the in-scale 6-inch height as the Ranger figures. I see requests all the time for Monsters like Bones, Pudgy Pig, Eye Guy, Madame Woe and Terror Toad. I think one way to better make the Monsters sell is to do a two-pack approach like the old "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" VHS covers, such as Bones with Yellow Ranger and Knasty Knight with Black Ranger. They could even two episode centric two-packs with new accessories, like MMPR Red Ranger with a bag of Power Crystals paired with a 6-inch, properly painted King Sphinx from the season one episode "A Pressing Engagement" and MMPR Pink Ranger with a pink ribbon lasso paired with Bloom of Doom from the season two episode "Bloom of Doom". That way, fans get a hard-to-find MMPR Ranger figure with a new Monster of the Day figure that gives new head civilian sculpts, new updated monsters, and new accessories for the Ranger figure so it's not seen as a straight re-release. Win-win.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 am

Wave 10 listings found on Amazon via PR collection info.

- Power Rangers Lightning Collection Zeo Yellow Ranger
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection Dino Charge Green Ranger
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection In Space Pink Ranger
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection In Space Phantom Ranger

We’ll hear more about them in a few days
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:33 am

In Space Phantom Ranger.. Nice!

This is their way of avoiding Turbo.. fine by me.

First Wave with 2 girls.
SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:00 am

NEW BATMAN wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:28 am
Wave 10 listings found on Amazon via PR collection info.

- Power Rangers Lightning Collection Zeo Yellow Ranger
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection Dino Charge Green Ranger
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection In Space Pink Ranger
- Power Rangers Lightning Collection In Space Phantom Ranger

We’ll hear more about them in a few days
Definitely a fun lineup here. Seems like Hasbro is focusing on adding to some of the teams that are almost complete, which is what I wanted. Was wondering when we'd get more Dino Charge figures.

Hopefully, the Phantom Ranger paves the way for Turbo.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:07 am

So excited to get another Dino Charge. Still the only season of Power Rangers I've seen.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:26 am

Completing some teams like Zeo, the main In Space team, just missing Zhane in the ranger suit. Dino Charge a step closer, but that team was a big team.

I actually wouldn't them to skip the Turbo team. There would at least be a chance for a better Ashley head. With Pulse getting foot soldier army builder 2-packs with Putties, now Cogs, hope they don't skip the Piranhatrons, they were consistently used in In Space also.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:35 am

Yea that in space Phantom threw me for a moment. I was like "he wasn't in In Space, he died in Turbo iirc". Not sure why they'd avoid turbo. I mean the og team was just the zeo team. Do those ones. I'm guessing they just don't know how to do Justin. Which makes sense. But honestly, I may just put my extra Rocky head from the inevitable Zeo blue rerelease on that suit anyway, cause **** Justin. Yea Rocky never wore the suit, but it was made for him. Plus, I would love me a Divatox.

Dino Thunder was one of the standout seasons. Ninja Storm was pretty badass too. That's why I'm surprised they haven't done Ninja Storm yet. Bandai made sure to get the core 3 out asap, and then not finish the ****in team. Cause, Bandai. Plus, Ninjas. Everyone loves Ninjas. (Full disclosure, I also had a major crush on Sally Martin who played Tori from Ninja Storm, and would absolutely love them to do her figure, and pray they don't muck up the head). The suit designs from Ninja Storm are also pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Child_of_the_90's
Super Poseable

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:44 am

I think it's time they expanded the number of figures per wave to 6. This line up is a bit weak, but I also don't want them to lose any of the figures. Adding 2 bigger names would be nice.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:19 am

I'm fine with 4. Especially since they keep doing exclusives and 2 packs every few months. Technically we've gotten alot. Most of it is just excluisve to somewhere. A Squad, Sparkle Rangers, 5 2 packs, and cell shaded Kim on the way. And already out, we've had like 7 2 packs, 2 amazon exclusives, 1 set of 5 and then Omega, walgreens exclusives, 2 monsters and Darkkon Evo 3. That's on top of the waves every 3 months. That's actually a lot more then alot of people thought we would get.

SymbiSpidey
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:Yea that in space Phantom threw me for a moment. I was like "he wasn't in In Space, he died in Turbo iirc". Not sure why they'd avoid turbo. I mean the og team was just the zeo team. Do those ones. I'm guessing they just don't know how to do Justin. Which makes sense. But honestly, I may just put my extra Rocky head from the inevitable Zeo blue rerelease on that suit anyway, cause **** Justin. Yea Rocky never wore the suit, but it was made for him. Plus, I would love me a Divatox.

Dino Thunder was one of the standout seasons. Ninja Storm was pretty badass too. That's why I'm surprised they haven't done Ninja Storm yet. Bandai made sure to get the core 3 out asap, and then not finish the ****in team. Cause, Bandai. Plus, Ninjas. Everyone loves Ninjas. (Full disclosure, I also had a major crush on Sally Martin who played Tori from Ninja Storm, and would absolutely love them to do her figure, and pray they don't muck up the head). The suit designs from Ninja Storm are also pretty sweet.

I feel like we're not gonna see Ninja Storm or Wild Force for a while given the controversy surrounding their respective Red Rangers.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:36 pm

Hasbro released a Playskool WildForce Megazord with the little Wild Force Red Ranger and this was like years after Ricardo Medina's sentencing. So it's not entirely out of possibility to just release the Ninja Storm Red Ranger or Wild Force Red Ranger just without civilian heads.

I'd rather they start working on Time Force right now at least.

Phantom Ranger was in 3 episodes of In Space. He was in 7 episodes in Turbo, so its not like he was never in In Space. I would use him in a Countdown to Destruction display.
DisneyBoy
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:53 pm

...ugh...where are the villains??

A million rangers and 6 foes is not a balanced line. And the outrageous villains were the heart of this property.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:07 pm

I wonder if a Wave 11 will even happen this year... or are we just getting W8, 9 and 10 for 2021...

This line is gradually transitioning towards more exclusives.
DisneyBoy wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 2:53 pm
...ugh...where are the villains??

A million rangers and 6 foes is not a balanced line. And the outrageous villains were the heart of this property.
A lot of them are released as exclusives or two-packs. Or in the pricier Monsters Line.

Also... now that 'Vel Green' was revealed, the only new teams begun this year seem to be;

- The MMPR Turtles

- The MMPR Cell-Shaded line

And perhaps the MMPR Sentries.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:45 pm

Neil Magnum wrote:Hasbro released a Playskool WildForce Megazord with the little Wild Force Red Ranger and this was like years after Ricardo Medina's sentencing. So it's not entirely out of possibility to just release the Ninja Storm Red Ranger or Wild Force Red Ranger just without civilian heads.

I'd rather they start working on Time Force right now at least.

Phantom Ranger was in 3 episodes of In Space. He was in 7 episodes in Turbo, so its not like he was never in In Space. I would use him in a Countdown to Destruction display.
I don't remember him being in In Space but it's been a while since I saw it. I'll have to go rewatch it again lol. I coulda swore he "died" in Turbo. But I may be misremembering.

And I didn't know there was anything going on with Ninja Storm Red. I'll have to go look up what his issue was. But I did know about the Wild Force Red killing a guy. We had that discussion in this thread I believe around the time Hasbro started the line and was making unhelmeted heads. Whether it would be appropriate to make an alt head for him, whether to make it look like him, or make it generic, or whether to include it at all. But that was years ago.

*edit* So I read a little bit on Shane. I don't think he shouldn't be included as an alt head for a figure. If anything, hes an example of how depression and anxiety affects us all. It would almost be like not selling older Linkin Park, Nirvana, or Soundgarden CDs anymore. While I don't condone his actions, I don't see them as a reason to not make a figure of him. I mean, RDJ had done some pretty heinous things when he was younger, and he got tried and convicted. But he still gets figures, and is a shining example of how people can change for the better, and turn their life around. Who knows what would've happened if Shane hadn't died. But I wouldn't be opposed to him having a generic head either. It is a bit of a fine line I suppose.

I follow Sallt Martin on Facebook, and while she doesn't post alot, a couple years ago she posted a pic of her and him hanging out behind the scenes of the soap they were on together. And I don't remember the caption, but I thought she was just sharing memories. I'm assuming she did it because that would've been around the time he killed himself. And if she, as a person who has been through alot of sexual and emotional abuse in her life, still didn't condemn him, and stayed his friend after all those years, makes me think we honestly don't know the whole story and shouldn't necessarily judge, since we probably never will. Even more recently she posted a Polaroid of the whole Ninja Storm crew together and mentioned something about fond memories. From what I remember seeing on her page, him and her were close.

But I'm also one who is able to separate the artist from the art. I know some people have a problem doing that. So it would be interesting to see what happens in the future. But I would rather have generic likenesses then no figure at all. Especially for a season I quite enjoyed.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”