Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:32 am

Re: Cogs:

This would have been a good place to insert the Zeo III signature weapons they told us were coming in SOME future offering. As it stands, it's now going to be Tanya or bust (unless the dive into the Machine Empire characters which I feel is less likely). Cogs may have been a better choice because if you're completing your Zeo team, you're buying Tanya no matter what. Putting Zeo III's weapons in with the Cogs may have been a carrot to dangle for people on the fence about the set. Oh well, we'll see what happens.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:38 am

Whoever speculated that Zeo Blue Rocky and MMPR Red Rocky would be released in a two-pack I think was correct. That follows Hasbro's (infuriating) patterns pretty closely. "Y'all said you wanted a better Rocky head, his weapons and a release of MMPR Red - here ya go!" For more money.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:12 am

I already know that's how its gonna go. I hate it. But it depends on where it goes it may be one some of us can wait for a sale on. If it's a pulse or "wal mart" exclusive it may be a preorder or find and buy respectively or miss it. If its Amazon or Gamestop, waiting for a sale or at least not getting it right away could be possible.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:29 am

Okay, what's the damn use of having a Pulse membership if you don't even get an announcement about these.
Anyways, grabbed 2 sets and I don't necessarily army build anymore. But I do like to have at least two of the army builders to balance out the displays.
Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 7:00 am

I can't believe how much better the new Astronema is...

That likeness is just a thousand times better
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:10 pm

I grabbed 5 of the 2-packs for now. I may end up canceling a couple depending on how November shapes up budget wise.

I really wish the Tenga warriors were released as 2-packs. It would make it much easier to army build them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 1:07 pm

Slixta wrote:I can't believe how much better the new Astronema is...

That likeness is just a thousand times better
One of the biggest reasons shes priority. Besides In Space being one of my top 5 season, and her entire Arc in it and Lost Galaxy, I really want a good figure of her. The last one was meh. But had to get it to make sure I had one just in case they never did another, and since it's the first time shes been made in quite a while (if ever). This one, especially alongside Ecliptor, is almost a must have. Unless its ridiculously overpriced.

So its been on my mind. Comicon be coming up. Could this be the SDCC set? If not what is? I know it was rumored to be Amazon, but that price for the listing was way too high for what this is.

*edit* I was also going through the pics of the sparkle rangers. And it looks like they didn't paint the silver tips on the blade blasters. Seems to be the case for all 4. I'm sure it's a cost cutting measure, but this paint app inconsistency is getting tiresome. I'm positive I've said that before. And I'm gonna keep saying it till Hasbro does something about it.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 pm

Has anyone else's Walmart ceased carrying this line? I was grabbing some groceries this morning & there isn't a peg or even a shelf tag for these anymore.
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:33 pm

JPC wrote:
Whoever speculated that Zeo Blue Rocky and MMPR Red Rocky would be released in a two-pack I think was correct. That follows Hasbro's (infuriating) patterns pretty closely. "Y'all said you wanted a better Rocky head, his weapons and a release of MMPR Red - here ya go!" For more money.

Or it could be a Cell-Shaded Zeo Blue Exclusive in a Blue Ranger Capsule.

I remember arguing with some of you who thought they'd put in the Blue Tonfas in with one of the Zeo female releases.. :lol: Yeah... that's not gonna happen.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:12 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:08 pm
Has anyone else's Walmart ceased carrying this line? I was grabbing some groceries this morning & there isn't a peg or even a shelf tag for these anymore.
I feel like mine just picked them back up. I found the latest set there and still haven’t seen them at Target. I can’t tell you the last wave I saw at Walmart. Maybe late restocks of MMPR Red/Drakkon wave?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:37 pm

K_Steel wrote:
JPC wrote:

Or it could be a Cell-Shaded Zeo Blue Exclusive in a Blue Ranger Capsule.

I remember arguing with some of you who thought they'd put in the Blue Tonfas in with one of the Zeo female releases.. Image Yeah... that's not gonna happen.
Yea I doubt they will either. While it would be ideal, that's not how Hasbro works. Honestly, if they put them in with the cogs, I wouldn't hesitate to order at least 1 set. And it would've helped people, cause then people who ordered multiples could just sell off the tonfa to people who didn't want the cog set (at a reasonable price). It's kind of a win win. Missed opportunity.

K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:19 am

I think they're feeling confident they'll set the Cogs in mass quantities regardless.

It was announced through a PowerMorphicon event (and even had a PwrMorphicon codename on the listings).

And they know the hardcore fans will buy these in mass quantities to army build, hence why they put a limit on them for now.

And that's also why they have a $42 USD pricetag on these. It's an easy cash-in for them.
citysushi
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 pm

Is there a reason the new Astronema looks so different from the first one? I'm not familiar with her outside the comics.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:34 pm

citysushi wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:59 pm
Is there a reason the new Astronema looks so different from the first one? I'm not familiar with her outside the comics.
in the show she has several different looks.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:07 am

Shes alot like my ex. Changes her hair alot but has the almost exact same outfit a bunch of times. Only slightly different. I wonder if that's why I like her so much lol.

And I always liked Zhane and I coulda swore they were a thing. Till she showed up in Lost Galaxy without him. Then I was a little sad.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”