Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Yarlick
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 pm

I...I must be a fool...I want that purple Astronema...
Ecliptor looks great...I sworn I wouldn’t go too deep with the In Space Rangers but you know what? I think I don’t care anymore
Child_of_the_90's
Super Poseable

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:48 pm

Its funny to me that PR fans will literally buy the same body mold with minor paint differences many times over, but a second Astronema.with a new body and head based on a show accurate look has people up in arms.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:54 pm

I mean the difference there is that the same body mold is more or less expected when you're dealing with teams that share the same overall costume design with different details: Helmet, spandex, boots, maybe an armor overlay.

The Astronema thing comes from the fact that the character had already been released pretty recently.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 pm

You know what's funny, is I actually would've liked them to do a slightly shorter body for each gender. Some of the Rangers in the US are shorter then their teammates, and it would've been kinda cool if they had 2 size bodies for each. 1 taller female like we have, and then one maybe half an inch shorter. Same for the males. I can think of a couple off the top of my head that would've benefited from it. But their Japanese counterparts are almost all pretty close in size.

Shorter Rangers include

Ethan
Bridge
Kai
Ayesha
Kim
Cassie
Jack

There are probably more but those are just the ones I can come up with quickly.

I know why they don't have other size bodies. But I think they still would've gotten the use out of the shorter ranger molds. Considering not everyone is the same height irl. If they wanted to be a little cheap about it they could've even kept the boots the same length. And just shortened the legs and torso ever so slightly. But it's too late now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:54 pm

They actually have two different body types for male. In Space Andros has the bigger body compared to Time Force Wes. I noticed this when I did a Forever Red showdown with MMPR, Zeo, in Space and Time Force. I don't know how often it's been used though, I don't have Dino Thunder Connor and Ethan. But looking at reviews, they use the same body.

The women seem to use all the same body. I haven't compared all the females though I didn't notice a difference with Kimberly and Trini.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:18 pm

Yea I knew about that difference. But its the height that kinda matters more for those characters listed. But that does beg the question, why would Hasbro make different chest molds that look so similar that they're hard to tell apart, but not a huge difference in height? I would think the height would be more important then slightly thicker muscles. Ethan looks so weird next to Conner. Cause in the show he is considerably shorter.

Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:08 am

Wow! The Astronema face looks great!
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:49 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:33 pm
Okay went to a different Walmart than the two from yesterday and found 2 Tenga Warriors on the pegs plus the rest of the wave. I grabbed both and already have the other three from the wave from yesterday's find. I'm glad I canceled the preorder I had with Gamestop a couple days ago.
Thanks for the heads up on Walmart, checked the little store down the street from me and sure enough they had a full case with two of everyone. Grabbed Carlos for myself and a Tenga for a buddy. Tenga looked SUPER cool in-hand. Nice heavy box too. If I had any sort of connection to them, I’d have grabbed one for myself.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 5:27 am

It is probably one of the best figures they've done so far. Even without a connection it would be worth picking up. It's sad that we got deluxe monsters with a higher price point that skimped on paint. And then they did the Tengu for normal retail with 2 sets of wings and fantastic metallics.

useasneeded4pain
Customized

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:00 pm

Does anyone have a SKU for finding the current waves at Walmart on Brickseek?

The few old ones I can find all show 0 in stock around me, which might be accurate, but I'd like to try an updated sku before hunting blind, if possible.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 1:11 am

Would a barcode on the package work? I got all mine from Dorkside, but I keep the boxes intact. I just cut all the tape and fold them up.

useasneeded4pain
Customized

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:14 am

Trunks3540 wrote:
Would a barcode on the package work? I got all mine from Dorkside, but I keep the boxes intact. I just cut all the tape and fold them up.

I've found most of the barcodes from grnrngr.com so I'll save you some trouble. Thanks for the offer, though!

There's likely a parent SKU that will show inventory on Brickseek, I just haven't been able to find it yet.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:25 am

useasneeded4pain wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

I've found most of the barcodes from grnrngr.com so I'll save you some trouble. Thanks for the offer, though!

There's likely a parent SKU that will show inventory on Brickseek, I just haven't been able to find it yet.
Have you tried pulling the number(s) off of the shelf tag? Those should be the most current, right?
useasneeded4pain
Customized

Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:34 am

Sloth15 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:25 am
useasneeded4pain wrote:
Trunks3540 wrote:

Have you tried pulling the number(s) off of the shelf tag? Those should be the most current, right?
That's a good idea, and I haven't thought of it, so I'll try it. I haven't seen any Lightning Collection in Walmart at all lately, but I'll have to go this route and see if I can find the peg/tag.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:04 am

I kept seeing the Sam's 2 figures everywhere and then they just all dissapeared. And haven't really gotten any new ones in most places I go to. But I was already planning on preordering just about everything they made anyway. Cause Power Rangers. The only ones I ever bought in store were the store exclusives. And an extra White Tommy for a custom. And a 2nd Green Ranger Putty 2 pack. For the Putty, and again, a custom. My Dorkside order history is all Power Rangers and Star Wars. With some Marvel mixed in lol.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”