Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 pm

The reveals today look good. I guess rumor of the monster packs demise is looking more accurate unless I missed something.
Boke18
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 14, 2021 6:20 pm

Sloth15 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:19 pm
The reveals today look good. I guess rumor of the monster packs demise is looking more accurate unless I missed something.
If anything they should focus on the main villains of each season. There's some iconic "monster of the week monsters" with MMPR, but aside from that I don't think the popularity is there for an entire line.
vicious7171
CROM!

Fri May 14, 2021 6:22 pm

Just gotta vent on the Yellow Ranger/Scorpina two-pack real quick so bare with me. I ordered Yellow Ranger off Pulse right away when she first went up. The one they sent me had two of the same hand, aka, she was missing one of her hands. They said they couldn't send me a replacement because there weren't any more left. Well, now I know where they ended up, in this two-pack. Hasbro's two-pack approach is so annoying in all their lines and it's beyond frustrating to deal with a toy company that does so little to help you out when you get a toy with bad QC. Other toys I collect, if I have a problem, I show them the receipt and the item's batch code on the product and they straight-up send me a new one.
sephiroth61787
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 14, 2021 6:37 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Just gotta vent on the Yellow Ranger/Scorpina two-pack real quick so bare with me. I ordered Yellow Ranger off Pulse right away when she first went up. The one they sent me had two of the same hand, aka, she was missing one of her hands. They said they couldn't send me a replacement because there weren't any more left. Well, now I know where they ended up, in this two-pack. Hasbro's two-pack approach is so annoying in all their lines and it's beyond frustrating to deal with a toy company that does so little to help you out when you get a toy with bad QC. Other toys I collect, if I have a problem, I show them the receipt and the item's batch code on the product and they straight-up send me a new one.
This is a new batch of the figure though. Trini was a fast seller. When I've called in for replacements of figures like that, they normally don't have replacements.

Best you can do now is wait until the 2-pack is released and then call them to see if the same hand is included in the 2-pack. They may be able to send you a replacement from the 2-pack if it's included.
vicious7171
CROM!

Fri May 14, 2021 6:40 pm

sephiroth61787 wrote:
Fri May 14, 2021 6:37 pm
vicious7171 wrote:
This is a new batch of the figure though. Trini was a fast seller. When I've called in for replacements of figures like that, they normally don't have replacements.

Best you can do now is wait until the 2-pack is released and then call them to see if the same hand is included in the 2-pack. They may be able to send you a replacement from the 2-pack if it's included.
Thanks, you're right, I'm sure it's a new batch. But it does make me wonder if they purposely limited-run the first batch of her knowing they were going to sell this down the road. Either way, that's a good suggestion. They might even still have my chat record from the last release. Just can't help but feel burned a little bit.
citysushi
CROM!

Fri May 14, 2021 6:58 pm

Dangit, I just bought someone's custom Psycho Silver not too long ago. :(

And we gotta buy another Yellow to get Scorpina. :(
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 14, 2021 7:18 pm

Ordered both via Amazon because I loved Psycho Rangers from comic.
citysushi
CROM!

Fri May 14, 2021 7:30 pm

Silver wan’t in the comic, iirc, but still cool to have a second complete team in the line.
spy0070
pwns from home

Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Fri May 14, 2021 7:49 pm

Did Amazon put up links for the new two packs? Don’t see them anywhere and sounds like somebody might have found them from an above post. Thanks in advance.

(edit: I found them... hard to post on mobile though)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 8:18 pm

I am excited and also slightly unhappy with the reveals. A Squad is all but useless to me. I didn't want any of them. And now that's the next team they complete? But we still don't have SPD proper done. *eye roll*

Scorpina is awesome. But her coming with another yellow is a bit annoying. Glad its Aiesha and not Trini. But now we have a non sparkly replacement ranger, without her 3 compadres. They will only have sparkly versions. So I'm thinking they're gonna release them all somehow again, even though they said they wouldn't. Which I'm ok with, but I just think Scorpina should've come with someone else. But I guess she's the one that got the tooling cost, especially since she probably can't have much reuse.

I would've preferred Zhane come with both looks in a 2 pack. But this isn't a bad pack. I just think TJ would've been good as a single. Some of their decisions confound me.

And I didn't see Andros but I'll definitely add him to my preorder when I can lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri May 14, 2021 8:35 pm

I don’t know anything about SPD, is there an in-universe reason that those guys’ helmets look so similar to the Space Rangers? Or is it just behind the scenes design reuse?
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 14, 2021 9:42 pm

Behind the scenes reuse. They don't even mention it from what I remember. But anyone who watched In Space knows.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Child_of_the_90's
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Fri May 14, 2021 9:59 pm

Trunks3540 wrote: I would've preferred Zhane come with both looks in a 2 pack. But this isn't a bad pack. I just think TJ would've been good as a single. Some of their decisions confound me.
I think the decisions make a great deal of sense. They pieced out A Squad as exclusives because it allows the individual retailers to foot the bill for pretty obscure characters. They paired Psycho Silver with In Space Blue because frankly the psycho rangers didn't sell well on their own. It also makes sense because of the episode silver appeared in. They paired Scorpina with an MMPR variant that was in limited supply. People who don't need a second MMPR yellow can sell it on the secondary market and bring down prices. And to top it all off, everything is on Pulse for preorder.

As far as I am concerned these were all some pretty good moves. Packs make sense, full teams getting completed, no chasing multiple exclusives if you are a premium member, re-release of a popular ranger with a new civilian head. Certainly a far cry from the random stuff that was being done at first.

Say what you will about Hasbro, but they have given fans a lot of figures since they took over. Many characters we would never have seen with Bandai. They seem focused on getting full teams out in a reasonable time as well.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri May 14, 2021 10:31 pm

Phantom Ranger is a cool tease.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 14, 2021 10:54 pm

Andros is chilling at home wearing a snuggie

Zhane looks like he smelled something terrible

The Aisha headsculpt is well done. I'm still shocked Hasbro is doing a Female 2-pack for the first time. Also with Marvel Legends. This is a big step for them.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”