Ghostbusters: Everything else

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
SWH
Shocker Stalker

Re: Ghostbusters: Everything else

Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:34 am

I have them. I thought the electronics were pointless. But I thought they looked fine, so I was glad to add them to my collection of props. What issues did people have with the accuracy? I wasn't aware of any major issues, but then I'll admit I'm not a major sticker for details of the goggles
GuruAskew
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:16 pm

So I finally got my EARLY ACCESS wand today. I was initially sent a shipping notice with order number in place of my tracking number. I was reasonable and gave it until shortly after Christmas to arrive and it never did. Then came the two-week nightmare that is dealing with Digital River customer service. Form letters telling me my order shipped. Insulting instructions to wait even longer for my package to arrive, flat-out lies from the phone rep that my product was en route and should be delivered by last Wednesday.

Well Wednesday rolled around and they finally did what most retailers would have done on day 1: they just sent me another one. Then yesterday they refunded my shipping. I can't ask for more than that, but getting them to get to that point of doing right by me was an absolute nightmare.

And the quality of the piece almost erases the whole ordeal. Bring on the pack. Next time I order from Matty I'll use Paypal so I can more easily dispute the charge if this shit happens again. I've ordered almost every product in their Ghostbusters line (only missing the 12" GBII 2-packs) plus the entire Watchmen line via the sub (hence the early access) and the 3 12" Superman figures and every other order has gone off without a hitch.
ecw718
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:24 am

I don't think they take Paypal.
JRSly
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:37 am

SWH wrote:I have them. I thought the electronics were pointless. But I thought they looked fine, so I was glad to add them to my collection of props. What issues did people have with the accuracy? I wasn't aware of any major issues, but then I'll admit I'm not a major sticker for details of the goggles
Wrong size lenses, little doo-hickeys in the wrong place or missing, wrong look for the strap connections. Nitpicky things maybe, but along with the electronics seeming cheesy, needless and a cause for the high price, I think plenty of folks were happy with just sticking to making their own goggles.

Re: GuruAskew's drama...it really amazes me how at every turn it's like Mattel is trying to make things miserable for the customers, you've occasionally got annoying choices or mistakes in designs despite fans informing and pleading with them to fix, high prices, a crappy website, crappy Digital River, and then even a weird crappy form of shipping that I see used NOWHERE else. Maybe it's a nostalgia thing they're shooting for, with all the 80s properties, ya know? It's like a throwback to back in the day when you had no tracking and each day you just had to pray that when you went out to the mailbox your stuff might be there.
GuruAskew
CROM!

Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:35 am

ecw718 wrote:I don't think they take Paypal.
You're right. They used to but their site says they stopped. You better believe I would have filed a complaint had it been a Paypal transaction. I filed a BBB complaint too (though they aren't BBB accredited) after about a week of getting nowhere with the inept customer service reps. I don't know what it was that lit a fire under their asses but it took them 12 days to realize they needed to send me another one which is the unacceptable part.

But like I said, I'm happy with the product itself.
MutantFormerly KnownAsJoe
Will find his toys...after you do

Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:58 pm

A friend of mine who ordered his wand two days before I did had a similar issue and JUST got his yesterday, after...what? Over two weeks? Absolute bull. They're never gonna fix their system, I've come to grips with this now.
MutantFormerly KnownAsJoe
Will find his toys...after you do

Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Also, RE: The Ecto goggles, I wouldn't even bother unless you're really desperate for a pair of goggles, honestly. Like it was said, the lenses are wrong, the straps are TOTALLY wrong, the knobs are oversized and out of placed, they added the stupid for the interaction with the PKE isn't even ON the actual prop, the electronics area total waste. It was really just a missed opportunity to do something really cool. And honestly, the goggles SHOULD have been the cheapest and easiest of the props for them to do. To get them right, they only had to go on eBay and buy a pair of nightvision goggle frames and caste them. Problem solved. There's nothing special about the Ecto goggles in the film, really, that makes them all too terribly different from the base goggles themselves, aside from function and what you see on the inside. But they dropped the ball there too. Instead of saving the money on sculpting by casting a pre-existing pair and then using said money to maybe get a cool video game based Slimer graphic flying around inside with the actual goggle display from the film, they went and made a bunch of shoddy clips using their own toys. Honestly, spend $50 and try your hand at building your own before you consider dropping $130 on an overpriced flop. They'll probably turn out better!

But I guess one flop out of 4 props isn't bad. The other 3 (despite the incorrect sound on the PKE) are really great and totally worth the money.
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:34 pm

The incorrect sound on the PKE STILL bugs me. The sounds on the trap and wand are spot-on! Did they ever give any explanation as to why they bailed on sound accuracy?
Psychography
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:15 pm

Nobody's posted anything about Mattel's decision to make 3 3/4" scale figures? Or that they're REALLY expensive?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
SWH
Shocker Stalker

Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:32 pm

Those Hot Wheels Elite cars are really expensive on their own as it is. So that makes the figures not as expensive as they seem.

Still, the last time a $300 Ecto-1 was proposed it got a lot of support. So naturally one with no electronics and half the size.... But the same price... Is the way to go.
JRSly
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:31 am

Wow, Mattel is just an odd company. I'm excited to see them at Toy Fair, though they might just be cardboard cutouts at this point and that's all they end up being.
Foolkiller
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:51 am

dafuq isdis.
Sachiel
the phineas curmudgeon from a galaxy far far away

Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:25 am

They're probably little statues.
GoldBlade6
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:35 pm

http://thefwoosh.com/2014/01/lego-ghost ... -announced

Pretty exciting. I hope the set is the firehouse AND the car. If it's just the car, as cool as it is, I would be a little disappointed. To be able to have an in-scale firehouse play set though would be awesome.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:25 pm

Just the car and the mini figures. IF the did a real set (and it's a BIG if), it'd likely run above $150 for the firehouse.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”