Ghostbusters: Everything else

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Ghostbusters: Everything else

Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:49 pm

I think Matty screwed the pooch by not getting a pack out while they could. They kept waiting for that GB3 announcement, and now the new movie will likely have all new gear. They should have pushed for a pack to come out last Christmas and called it a day on the props.
JediJones
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:11 pm

The new movie could give a small boost to niche merchandising on the old movie, so I don't think it stops them from doing a pack. I'd be more surprised if they don't do the Terror Dogs before the new movie comes out, especially now that the final battle Ghostbusters are available. But it's hard to imagine Matty even offering the girl 'busters, especially before they see if the movie is well-received. It would be awkward if the new movie comes out and most of whatever merchandise is available is still off the original movies, but I could see it happening.
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 am

So we broke the Fwoosh again?
MankindRam
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:59 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:43 am
So we broke the Fwoosh again?
Yeah the GI Joe Target Rage combined with Marvel Legends upcoming releases LOL :lol:
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:53 pm

Right before the great Fwoosh Crash of '20, I had predicted that there really weren't a lot of legs left in Plasma series.

I theorized that Hasbro's main push would be the new movie and the 1984 stuff was just them throwing us a bone. Yeah, Mattel made Walter Peck but does anyone really need a new Walter Peck figure?

I proposed that the only thing we'd really need is Louis Tully and the second Terror Dog.....lo and behold....that's what we're getting for SDCC!!

The only other glaring omission is a scale Slimer. I would buy a Slimer if he came with extra proton streams and traps.

Maybe that could be another Pulse exclusive? Cause they did the 4 guys, Gozer and the dogs, and Dana and Louis. Honestly all that's left from the first movie is Peck or Janine. They could go with a Marshmallow Man, but that's never gonna scale.

Anyone else think Sigourney Weaver was really hot in this movie? I didn't think so as a kid, but I just watched it again the other day, and I thought she was pretty smoking, especially when she's Zuul. Guess my tastes have changed over the years.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:10 am

So, we're getting two Vinz dogs? Cmon, Hasbro...just to make a box set scene work? No interchangeable horns?
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:25 am

I think we should remake the Hasbro thread.

And I don't think this line is dead. They probably already have GB Afterlife figures made, if not manufactured. And there's still other characters left, other versions from GB2 as well, and they could make a whole lot of ghosts. And then there's the animated series as well. Hasbro has plenty of material left for figures, they wouldn't have gotten the license if they didn't. And the Plasma series has done well enough, everybody has got them apparently, they are gone from Amazon as well.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:35 pm

What happened to the retro styled movie GB1 movie figures? Did those get pushed back?
captaincracker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:14 am

Are the Wal-Mart retro figures long gone at this point? I got a set online, but never saw a single figure in store. I was hoping to get a second of each to open up. Probably should have just gotten 2 sets online, but I only ordered them on the chance I never found them in person since they are terrible at protecting toy packages. Luckily they almost all came in great shape due to sturdy cardacks.
textual
Customized

Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:22 pm

My cards were bent...luckily I was just getting them for my kids to play with.
cmoney
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 28, 2020 1:41 am

So what the heck ever happened to the 1/12 figures Blitzway showed in 2016? Was there ever official word that they were canceled or anything?
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:47 am

I don't think so, they pretty much never announced them to begin with. They showed them, but that was it. Quite unfortunate though, they looked really good.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 am

Imageecto1 by lionpride75, on Flickr
spinc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:13 am

That looks good. Which Ecto is that?
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:56 pm

The JADA Toys 1/24th scale Ecto-1 from the first GB film.

I also grabbed the 1/32nd scale version. I'm building a little collection of movie and TV rides.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”