Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:49 am

Johnas wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:43 pm
We've had nearly a year of the Hurt Business being prominent AF on Raw and all we have to show for it is one Basic Lashley that was a late replacement for Curt Hawkins and another Basic Lashley in a 2-pack with Booker based on a match from like 15 years ago. There's no excuse for Mattel not having any figures of them at least announced yet. And we already know all the Elites scheduled between now and August, so we're looking at the tail end of the year at the earliest for any of them as Elites.
Wait, do we know the Elites that far out? Is August when 88's supposed to hit? That probably still leaves 2-3 waves left in the year plus the quarterly store exclusive ones, then.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:46 pm

We have confirmed lineups through wave 86, which should hit retail around July or August. Ringside will have them earlier than that though.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:17 pm

Johnas wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:46 pm
We have confirmed lineups through wave 86, which should hit retail around July or August. Ringside will have them earlier than that though.
Got it. I tend to go by Ringside dates, I forget they're always so much earlier. Because they've got 86 listed as arriving in May for them.

And I've seen leaks of 87 and 88, no Lashley that I saw in either, sadly. Who knows if those are going to stay accurate, but they're from the sources that usually are. All we know for certain is that Candice is gonna be in 87, though.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm

I believe the Kushida we saw last year is slated for wave 88 as well, which is actually kind of perfect given how much he loves Back to the Future.
secondwhiteline
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm

Johnas wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:32 pm
I believe the Kushida we saw last year is slated for wave 88 as well, which is actually kind of perfect given how much he loves Back to the Future.
He was on the leaks for 88 and I feel so dumb that I never even made that connection.

Also, 87 supposedly has a new Asuka, which we've needed for ages. Shame we never got a Kabuki Warriors Kairi.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:28 pm

These just arrived. Did I get the chase Ted? I think I got the chase Ted. Image
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2021 2:13 am

You sure did.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:15 am

That’s crazy, but cool, since I have the black and green tuxes already, this rounds out his primary looks for me.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:36 am

Hey WWE fans! Is there a really good database where I can search past wrestling figures *faces* easily?

I'm working on a Buffy custom and I think a wrestling head would work, but knowing only the major WWE players and admiring the figures in the toy aisle only gets me so far.

I'm looking to make this Buffy Big Bad - Adam:

Real face:

Amazon search has been easiest so far, and I found this guy:

He's got the open mouth curl that I want and a bit of a monstrous face, but wanted to ask some experts. :) The Miz might work, if he's got any really expressive figures.

Also, the above Sandman figure: anyone know if his boots are a separate sculpt from the pants? Need a pair of those as well!

Thanks everyone - sorry to hijack your thread.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:20 am

Nothing's jumping out at me for a suitable head (maybe a Zombies Cena?) but Figure Realm has the best database of WWE figures I've seen. As for that Sandman's boots though, look elsewhere. He has baggy jeans that stack up over his feet, which barely move.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:50 am

JPC wrote:Amazon search has been easiest so far, and I found this guy:
Keep in mind that's a JAKKS figure, not Mattel. So there's a good chance that head is -huge- in comparison to the size of figure you're probably going to be working with if your plan is to make Adam scale to existing Buffy figures.
Sandman's boots are a separate piece, like virtually any modern figure, but what's so special about them for you? Obviously I may be missing something but they look like they're just.. wrestling boots. You can get that on literally hundreds of figures.

Check out the head on the upcoming exclusive Jazwares AEW Cody Rhodes:

Really, Mattel (and Jazwares AEW) has an absolute plethora of faces and facial expressions. It's almost ridiculous. I bet if you spent some time on something like WrestlingFigs perusing photos of figures, you'd find something that works really well and is more likely to scale with your build.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:50 pm

Thanks for the advice, guys! Much appreciated.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:52 pm

Picked up Wrestlemania Chyna today.

Really impressive looking figure - the pinless arms and legs w/ double knees look great. Only gripe is that her fists seem too small for her arms.

I'd probably buy a 3rd Chyna if they made one in black ring gear with the firework cannon from her entrance.
JPC
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:13 am

Do you think her face is too long? I saw her in stores today and her face looked as long as THE SCREAM painting.

Picked up a 115 Tegan Fox and 104 Alexa Bliss for other customs today - if they work, they are EXACTLY the parts I needed. :)

Anyone watch the new Punky Brewster? Alexa Bliss and Charlotte Flair have a fun scene. Alexa is WAY prettier than any of her merch or figures suggest.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:42 am

Seems accurate to me looking at Wrestlemania X7 pics.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”