Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Draven79
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 am

Picked up the elite Punk and Santino/Beth tonight!.... Punk like my elite Edge is sweet! Santino is hillarious so I am happy but Beth is what I was after to use the head for a Marvel Custom. I plain on doing some Joe tats on Punk that they left off too! :lol:
Draven
Drunken Fist
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mattel WWE Elite

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:52 am

Edge and Punk are about the only ones I'm willing to buy multiples of, those guys are my favorites of the past few years. The white/red roses Edge would be another definite buy for me. We need another Edge head sculpt, too, one with a more aggressive expression. I'm not gonna go crazy and buy every figure those guys get, but I will pick up one anytime it's a different deco that I really like. And I'll be on the hunt for a 1/1000 Punk when basic series 2 hits, of course.
punksraven
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mattel unveils it's WWE lines!

Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:55 am

DKR1047 wrote:^I really like that look of that belt set Edge. I would cave if it was his blue attire from the TLC match with Cena.

I hope they wind up releasing Edge in some of his more recent (pre-injury) attires. The white attire with the red roses was awesome.

With Jakks I had over 20 RA Edge figures and every single CM Punk. I am trying not to go as nuts this time around.
Edge in the white Roses attire would be my dream Edge. What an awesome pair of tights. I love the Belt pack Edge too, I just wish it had his more current tattoos. I know it wouldn't make sense for them to be there, but I can still want them :x . I love the Elite edge, except for how his hair is painted, I'm just so sick of his figures having black tights, since the last 4 or 5 of his Jakks figures also had black. Him and Punk are definitely two people I wouldn't mind being re-released in different attires as Elite figures.
Bravo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm

for those figures with trench coats: are you able to flex the arms and how flexible is the coat itself?
SCB
The "S" is for Sarcasm

Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Stiffest coats ever.
King Texxy
Customized

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:04 am

You cant move the arms at all.
evil ways
Customized

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:31 am

Yeah, I could barely take Undertaker's coat off, cause it's so stiff that I was afraid of either breaking an arm or rubbing/scratching off some of the tattoos. They should definitely switch to soft goods.
BigDaddyChacon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mattel WWE Elite

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:50 am

Yeah, the stiff coats are the only thing that bothers me about this series.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:52 am

The upcoming Matt Hardy has a soft goods coat, but I think they were trying to go for the leather look, because getting that kind of look is hard in this scale.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:23 am

wow, the coats are STIFF? that's so stupid! i thought for sure they were rubber like ML11 logan.
phineas curmudgeon
Host of Threadbangers Ball

Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:03 am

yeah, with the coats being both stiff and having the arms as part of them rather than articulated action figure arms, I don't know how useful those are gonna be. I mean, they'll look alright on the shelf but it kinda works against the entire premise of the added artic of the Elite line.
SWH
Shocker Stalker

Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:05 am

I love sculpted coats, I think the detail on the Edge coat especially is a sign of why they're superior to cloth goods. However, I think the execution of these coats is all wrong. I much preferred how Jakks did the sculpted coats for Undertaker, with separate, poseable arms, and a sculpted jacket piece.

The obvious draw back there is that those figures are always stuck wearing the coat. Well, I propose a solution to that, which would work great for the Elite line; SWAPPABLE ARMS.

Just like Mattel does with their MOTU line, with Trapjaw. Pop out the bare arms, slide the jacket on, then pop on the jacket arms. That way the figure can be poseable, and look GREAT both ways. Even cloth goods restrict movement too much for my liking.

I'd love to see Mattel make use of swappable parts on this line. Swappable hands would be great (fists, open hands, signature hand gestures) and swappable heads with different expressions. If each new version of a wrestler came with a new swappable head, and new hands, it would be more incentive to buy new versions of a wrestler you might already have, rather than if it was JUST a new outfit.
=RickyLee=
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:47 am

The problem with removable limbs though is that every kid that plunks down and wrestles with these figures is gonna have arms flying off with every slam. Wrestling figures have always been made for rough play, and these are no exception.

I like the execution of the coats. They are only meant as entrance gear, and guys like Edge and Taker would only walk down and at the most raise their arms in those coats for 2 minutes. I'm just happy as hell they were included!

They could release another Elite Edge in the white tights with the red roses 'R' logo tomorrow and I'd buy it. Throw in a soft goods Edge t-shirt and call it a day. Last Edge I'd ever want.
Drunken Fist
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:51 am

I think I'm gonna put a wash on Edge's hair. Both the chase Edge and the Edge from the belt set have a wash in the hair, and it looks so much better that it's really starting to bother me.
SWH
Shocker Stalker

Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:00 am

Dunno, I mean if they were done properly, and I've owned plenty of figures with removable parts over the years, I don't think they'd just go popping off. They'd just need to make sure they were made in such a way that they stayed in securely. It looks like the new MOTU Trapjaw figure has been engineered really well, where the arm goes in, then is pushed up to 'lock' it in place.

Besides, Mattel have stated that the Elite's are a collectors line, so I'd expect they probably would be seeing less play and more display.

I don't mind the plastic coats, I think they look great for display, and that's all I use my figures for. I'd rather plastic over cloth any day. I'm a bit disappointed actually that series 2 has gone to more cloth accessories. And softer rubber is not durable in the long run, and tends to break easier or just deteriorate on it's own. But my favorite method has always been sculpted jacket, and articulated arms. The old Toy Biz LOTR line showed on many occasions how much more awesome sculpted robes can look, compared to just cloth outfits. But I understand not everyone wants their wrestler permanently in entrance gear. I just see that as an ideal way to make the figure look it's best, and give people display options as well.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”