Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:56 am

That animation is spectacular.

Disagree that this wouldn’t have retail potential. Anything with a hogan figure is going to be far more appealing than 50% of the stuff they release. I’ve still never seen any of the recent Hogans in a store.

The heads on this Hogan look incredible. Are they available on any other releases or exclusive to this one?
Stormbreaker1
Customized

Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:38 pm

MisplacedProjectile wrote:
Wed Jul 13, 2022 12:56 am
That animation is spectacular.

Disagree that this wouldn’t have retail potential. Anything with a hogan figure is going to be far more appealing than 50% of the stuff they release. I’ve still never seen any of the recent Hogans in a store.

The heads on this Hogan look incredible. Are they available on any other releases or exclusive to this one?
This would have great retail potential.

With regard to the Hogan heads, two of the portraits (the smiling and the serious) from the SDCC set are available with the recently released Ultimate Series 13 WrestleMania 1 Hulk Hogan.

The WM1 Hogan figure is, IMO, easily the best classic Hogan figure ever released.
Homer Badman
Super Poseable

Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:29 am

Action Figure Attack (Steve from Mattel) on the next WWE Mattel Creations project:

"To keep expectations in check, we will not be announcing the next crowdfunded item during SDCC but we are actively working on it.

Just need some more time to fine tune the offering."
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Jul 22, 2022 1:09 am

I haven’t bought many Elites the past few years, but I still keep an eye on what they make and MAN. Mattel had some awesome stuff to show off at SDCC. Mega Powers 2 pack, Jeff Jarrett, classic AJ Styles, a freaking Johnny Knoxville.
MisplacedProjectile
Runs Around in Tights
Location: Under a couch cushion, or a dresser, or a recliner.

Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:02 pm

I don’t know how they did it, but that war bonnet Hogan is even better than the Ultimate Mania 1 version.

The face is absolutely perfect. The skin color is on point. The body size is great. Comes with a bandana.

Just unbelievable.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:07 pm

So stoked for that 90s ECW Paul Heyman. Finally an AJ Styles Ultimate, but no chest hair is disappointing. Love the lime green Razor from the Target RAW pack. Overall some nice pieces this year. Now just find a way to get that WCW Nitro entrance stage into my hands and I'll be happy
badguy543
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:04 pm

I take it everyone here that wanted the Zeus 2 pack got theirs? I was ready to rock and logged in at 12pm on the nose even saw the listing go from Coming Soon to Sold Out, then Add to Cart. after getting booted out of the cart twice I managed to get in that waiting queue still before 12:01. At 12:08 When my time came I put in the card info selected the shipping and clicked checkout and the product just evaporated from the cart to sold out. It litterally killed my enthusiasm for anything they did at the con and ruined my day. I eventually tuned in to see if they would at least announce Zeus as a stand alone figure and nada. I was big fan of Tiny Listers work in and outside of wrestling so this was something I was looking forward to. I even went back to refresh more to see if maybe someones order failed or someone changed their mind or something which made me feel like even more of an idiot. Then I checked ebay and the set was already there for double retail price. When Entertainment Earth handled the exclusives I was able to score Mr T with no issues at all and I have heard of other Mattel Creations exclusives selling out really fast. I think a better option for this would have been Hogan as the scalper crap variant and Zues maybe on Ringside or somewhere. Anyway whatever.
gosailor
Super Poseable

Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 pm

one of my buddies just got a cancellation notice for the Amazon Ultimate Hulk Hogan, it was supposed to be delivered today
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:41 pm

gosailor wrote:
one of my buddies just got a cancellation notice for the Amazon Ultimate Hulk Hogan, it was supposed to be delivered today
Same here. Amazon really blew this exclusive...though im sure Covid times didnt help.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:48 pm

badguy543 wrote:
I have heard of other Mattel Creations exclusives selling out really fast.
Mattel exclusively selling their own toys has always been a mess. It's pretty rare for a doll or action figure sold on one of Mattel's websites to not be scalped to heck and back. They got a lot of flack this year for the NHB set selling out, as well as MOTUO Wun-Dar, and even dolls like Monster High SDCC Frankie Stein sold out in mere minutes, alienating 99% of the fanbase.

Anyways, just posting out of empathy. I wasn't interested in that set but it was a very nice two-pack and would also be very frustrated if I were in your situation.

No exclusive should sell out that fast. It's really obnoxious to be advertised to for a product you can't properly purchase.
badguy543
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:16 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:48 pm
badguy543 wrote:
I have heard of other Mattel Creations exclusives selling out really fast.
Mattel exclusively selling their own toys has always been a mess. It's pretty rare for a doll or action figure sold on one of Mattel's websites to not be scalped to heck and back. They got a lot of flack this year for the NHB set selling out, as well as MOTUO Wun-Dar, and even dolls like Monster High SDCC Frankie Stein sold out in mere minutes, alienating 99% of the fanbase.

Anyways, just posting out of empathy. I wasn't interested in that set but it was a very nice two-pack and would also be very frustrated if I were in your situation.

No exclusive should sell out that fast. It's really obnoxious to be advertised to for a product you can't properly purchase.
And I appreciate it. I really was posting to try and vent the frustration. I found a Stacy Keibler on shelf this weekend and nearly left it. The first thing I thought about was Zeus fiasco. It really deflated my enthusiasm for this line.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:26 am

featofstrength wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:41 pm
gosailor wrote:
Same here. Amazon really blew this exclusive...though im sure Covid times didnt help.
I got mine cancelled today as well, pretty mad about it. I ended up ordering the U13 version so I could have a Hogan. Even though it's a better figure, it's not the Hogan I wanted. Really wanted a 90s version in yellow.
The Ghost
CROM!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:41 am

gosailor wrote:
Mine shipped out yesterday. Ordered it on August 30 last year. Crazy how they can't handle their own exclusive.
gosailor
Super Poseable

Tue Aug 09, 2022 8:24 am

The Ghost wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 7:41 am
gosailor wrote:
Mine shipped out yesterday. Ordered it on August 30 last year. Crazy how they can't handle their own exclusive.
I ordered Aug 31, I've been checking for my own cancellation notice any day now.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 14, 2022 7:36 am

Hogan magically is available for ordering on Amazon again! The figure actually isn't in stock, but it'll still let you order one. For those that got their orders cancelled, here's your chance!

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”