Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
legendkiller533
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:58 pm

i have scaled way back on my wwe purchases and im usually only picking up 1 figure a wave. i did just get kushida from amazon though and was pleasantly surprised by how well the jacket and vest look on him.
rwsharpjr
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:21 pm

Just saw Royal Rumble Ultimate Warrior and SCSA at Big Lots for $22.

Kinda regret not grabbing them right now.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 05, 2021 2:00 am

On the flip side of my rant yesterday, today I received E88 Roman Reigns from Amazon and he's great! I don't know how common this is, but the hole for his neck peg is twice as deep as my other Elites so he can actually look up and down a little bit. His head pops off rather easily but it's not enough that it's a bother. In fact, I really like that for adding his shirt, as I don't have to lift his long hairs individually over the shirt this way.

Also, his double elbows rule, they even continued the paint of his tattoo on his right elbow joint (in the front, the back is plain) and it's really nice and doesn't flake.

His shirt fits perfectly, even if these new(er) shirts are really thin and don't feel nice at all. I do wish the leg mold he uses had a little more mass (width), he looks a little top-heavy and doesn't exactly represent his real-life proportions.

Now I just need a new Paul Heyman with his pinstriped suit and puppy dog eyes to follow Roman around.

EDIT: pictures
Spoiler! :
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 05, 2021 5:46 am

vicious7171 wrote:
On the flip side of my rant yesterday, today I received E88 Roman Reigns from Amazon and he's great! I don't know how common this is, but the hole for his neck peg is twice as deep as my other Elites so he can actually look up and down a little bit. His head pops off rather easily but it's not enough that it's a bother. In fact, I really like that for adding his shirt, as I don't have to lift his long hairs individually over the shirt this way.
All the figures in Elite 88 have removable heads. It's supposed to be a standard feature for all Elites going forward. Is Mattel super late to the party on this? Absolutely. It's still cool anyway though.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 07, 2021 8:13 pm

Johnas wrote:
vicious7171 wrote:
All the figures in Elite 88 have removable heads. It's supposed to be a standard feature for all Elites going forward. Is Mattel super late to the party on this? Absolutely. It's still cool anyway though.
That's awesome. I've busted necks before re-attaching heads and it sucks. Thanks for the info. LMAO at them being late to the party here...yeah especially when you have a dozen of the same guy, head-swapping is really important. Better late than never.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:59 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Johnas wrote:
vicious7171 wrote:
That's awesome. I've busted necks before re-attaching heads and it sucks. Thanks for the info. LMAO at them being late to the party here...yeah especially when you have a dozen of the same guy, head-swapping is really important. Better late than never.
I've never broken a neck swapping heads on the figures up to this point. I just use water heated in the microwave for 30 seconds and dunk the head in for about a minute to soften it, or you can use a hair dryer (takes a little longer) or a heat gun to do the same thing.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 08, 2021 7:06 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:59 am
vicious7171 wrote:
Johnas wrote:

I've never broken a neck swapping heads on the figures up to this point. I just use water heated in the microwave for 30 seconds and dunk the head in for about a minute to soften it, or you can use a hair dryer (takes a little longer) or a heat gun to do the same thing.
Thanks for the tips. I bought a hair blow dryer especially for this purpose after breaking my last one :lol:

Anybody looking forwards to any upcoming figures in particular?
blackcomicnerd
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:51 pm

Excuse the Marvel Legends. Ordered Kane and Undertaker from a local ebay seller. I rarely if ever see Ultimate Edition figures in stores so decided to pull the trigger on these.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:16 am

I stumbled upon an Instagram post about the cancellation (?) of RVD's rising sun singlet. I guess word broke yesterday, but I just heard about it tonight since I pass over most wfigs threads. No big deal, but I wish Bill had the forethought to chose a different attire because I didn't mind getting two RVDs in one wave. I have a preorder and no word from RSC.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:27 am

Ya I ordered the Rising Sun chase too and can’t believe it might be cancelled over such a crazy reason. Cancel the skull version too cuz you know it’s “scary” for some kids!
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:26 pm

Oh wow, didn’t see all that. That figures been announced for months, crazy that it’s just now canceled. I figured it would’ve been in production by now. I was going for his tiger stripe gear anyway, but the Japan flag gear looked pretty sweet.
Boy Wonder

Tue Nov 30, 2021 6:43 pm

Grabbed E88 Roman yesterday. Even though WWE is at probably it’s lowest creative point in its history, this is such a cool look for him and probably the last Roman I’ll ever need.

It’s all standard parts but this headscan and face paint is so on the money. The whole thing looks very intimidating and these new arms are great. Look much nicer than the big fins that got used on big guys before. And the shoulders having natural shape and musculature go a long way.
Boy Wonder

Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:34 pm

Wow, E92 got released without any changes. With 4/6 no longer employed by WWE, lol.

I like that Adam Cole head a lot more than the screaming one I have now, I’ll probably grab him for that.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:34 pm

Genuinely shocked Elite 92 has zero changes. The 1995 Horsemen shirt with Ric Flair is a nice surprise too.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:36 pm

I was very surprised by E92 too. So this should bode well for the Retro Superstars Flair figure as well.

So you guys think Flair pops up on AEW for the Winter is Coming Event on 12/15? Since they are moving to TBS it seems all the planets are aligning for some major NWA nostalgia.
Get me Jimmy Garvin and Jimmy The Boogie Woogie Man Valiant on the phone ASAP!!! Woooooooooooooo!!!

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”