Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2894
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm

Just about plotzed when I turned on the Target app and saw their Ultimate Edition prices at $45.
User avatar
frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 396
Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:45 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:53 pm

jimbles wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm
Just about plotzed when I turned on the Target app and saw their Ultimate Edition prices at $45.
They are probably worth that price point, but I dont know how successful the line will be if thats it going forward.
User avatar
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:58 pm

Is the Hollywood Elite Roddy Piper 'John Nada' figure an "I've already missed it" thing, or is that still supposed to be coming in the future? Walmart.com says it's a sold out pre-order, but I'm never sure what exactly that means these days...
User avatar
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:07 pm

jonaskane wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:58 pm
Is the Hollywood Elite Roddy Piper 'John Nada' figure an "I've already missed it" thing, or is that still supposed to be coming in the future? Walmart.com says it's a sold out pre-order, but I'm never sure what exactly that means these days...
It's allegedy still coming to stores. Being a Walmart exclusive though...who knows when? I'd guess the Hollywood Elites will either be on a shipper this fall or won't actually hit stores until the post-holiday reset if they're part of a planogram.
User avatar
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 424
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2016 1:26 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:34 pm

OK, thanks for the info.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2894
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:53 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 16, 2021 10:56 pm

frymasterak wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:53 pm
jimbles wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:01 pm
Just about plotzed when I turned on the Target app and saw their Ultimate Edition prices at $45.
They are probably worth that price point, but I dont know how successful the line will be if thats it going forward.
With how much the recent Elites have blurred the lines, I just can't wrap my head around a double price point gap between the two.
User avatar
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Fri Sep 17, 2021 1:06 am

It's not just in the app either. I scanned an Ultimate Flair at Target today out of curiosity and it definitely rang in at $44.99. It's gotta be some kind of mistake in their system. If that was the actual price point going forward Ringside would be selling preorders for Taker and Kane at $50+ each.
Batben
Faster than a speeding bullet
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:54 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:28 pm

I got an Ultimate Ric Flair on clearance for $23. Figured I'd pick him up as it may be quite a while if we ever get another Flair figure.

I just got my Takeover X-Pac in the mail from Amazon Warehouse, and it was a swap out. They switched out the good head sculpt for the one with his tongue sticking out from a previous release, so I guess I'll be returning that. Unfortunately, it looks like they're all sold out now.
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17637
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:15 pm

The Hollywood wave is hitting. I grabbed Cena & Rock from work on Sunday night and cracked them open yesterday.

I haven't gotten ANY of the recent Cena figures with the printed faces, so this one serves multiple purposes. Would have preferred a non smiling head for the "Hobbs" figure though. That smirk is too much of a "Rock" thing.
User avatar
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 2924
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:53 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:07 pm

I'd prefer the Hobbs figure (and the Rock figure they reused for it) didn't have the Mankind sweat pants and sneakers. I'm still gonna buy the thing because I'm a sucker though. I'm getting real antsy about the John Nada Piper now that I know this set's in the wild.
User avatar
deathbunny32
Mattel Maniac!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 3531
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:52 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:34 pm

I found one and the sunglasses were lost immediately. Still cool though
User avatar
deathbunny32
Mattel Maniac!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Columbia, MD
Posts: 3531
Joined: Sun Sep 12, 2004 6:52 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:49 am

Also, I think he's going to be hard to find as I tried to buy a replacement and the other two Wal-marts had like 5-6 Rocks and Cenas each but no Nadas
velmc1
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: 2814(the Jersey side)
Posts: 535
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2004 12:51 am

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:53 pm

Johnas wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:07 pm
jonaskane wrote:
Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:58 pm
Is the Hollywood Elite Roddy Piper 'John Nada' figure an "I've already missed it" thing, or is that still supposed to be coming in the future? Walmart.com says it's a sold out pre-order, but I'm never sure what exactly that means these days...
It's allegedy still coming to stores. Being a Walmart exclusive though...who knows when? I'd guess the Hollywood Elites will either be on a shipper this fall or won't actually hit stores until the post-holiday reset if they're part of a planogram.

Found John Nada this morning in PA
User avatar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 17637
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2004 11:13 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:45 pm

I've now seen them at 2 Walmarts, and they were just on the pegs, no shipper display for the first batch anyway.
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1752
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Been a while for me and anything but Macho Man figures...
found elite 87 Warlord at Walmart yesterday and 86 Col. Mustafa at Target a few days earlier.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”