Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Mattel WWE Elite Discussion Thread

Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:46 pm

Its not looking good for the crowd funded ring. I really wanted that Doink. Maybe they will make him regardless.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Stormbreaker1 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:18 pm
I just read through a few pages at another figure site that’s devoted to wrestling figures.

It seems that trying to acquire action figures nowadays is nigh impossible. Things sell out in a minute or less. Not too fun, if you ask me

Anyway, is there a Walmart exclusive Hulk Hogan figure that’s going up for order soon? Does anyone have any info on that?

And, is there a general consensus as to the best 80s-era Hogan figure? Is the Defining Moments Hulk from WrestleMania 3 the favorite?
It isn't a Walmart exclusive but there's a 1989 Hogan in this year's Survivor Series set.

As for other 80s Hogans, the Defining Moments figure is the only 80s Hogan Elite that's been released. I personally like the Superstar Entrances Basic Hogan better though.
Diddy310
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:37 pm

Big John Studd is up on Target, don't see anything else

https://www.target.com/p/wwe-legends-el ... nk=sametab
Stormbreaker1
HULK SMASH!

Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:24 pm

Johnas wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:01 pm
Stormbreaker1 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:18 pm
I just read through a few pages at another figure site that’s devoted to wrestling figures.

It seems that trying to acquire action figures nowadays is nigh impossible. Things sell out in a minute or less. Not too fun, if you ask me

Anyway, is there a Walmart exclusive Hulk Hogan figure that’s going up for order soon? Does anyone have any info on that?

And, is there a general consensus as to the best 80s-era Hogan figure? Is the Defining Moments Hulk from WrestleMania 3 the favorite?
It isn't a Walmart exclusive but there's a 1989 Hogan in this year's Survivor Series set.

As for other 80s Hogans, the Defining Moments figure is the only 80s Hogan Elite that's been released. I personally like the Superstar Entrances Basic Hogan better though.
Hey, thanks for the reply.

That Survivor Series figure…. It’s so close to a really great figure, but the face kinda kills it for me.

I like the look of that older Superstar Entrances figure.

The Defining Moments one is quite nice. I should have bought that one.

Maybe they’ll do a WrestleMania 1 Hulkster figure. I like the contrast between the red shirt and the trunks. Sometimes the Hogan figures have a bit too much yellow otherwise.

Are the Jakks figures considered inferior to the Mattel? Not that I really want to track down older stuff. But some of those Hulks look really nice.
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.

Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:08 pm

Did I end up with the variant Beefcake? I feel like yellow pants were shown as the regular release. Image
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:43 am

VeeBee wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:08 pm
Did I end up with the variant Beefcake? I feel like yellow pants were shown as the regular release. Image
You sure did. I also got the chase. Now I gotta stalk the Target app for a restock and hope for the yellow tights.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:37 am

Stormbreaker1 wrote:
Are the Jakks figures considered inferior to the Mattel? Not that I really want to track down older stuff. But some of those Hulks look really nice.
FAR inferior to Mattel's versions, even with Mattel's issues.
The Jakks figures had oversized, almost bobble heads in some cases, and balloon arm muscles on all of their "super articulated" figures.

The scale is also WAY off, where just about everyone is the same size. A Jakks Hogan with any Mattel WWE figures would look like someone wearing a bad Halloween costume with oversized one size fits all mask and cheap muscle suit.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:02 am

Boggles my mind that Mattel still can't nail a classic 80s Hogan. Jakks was superior in that regard, all their Hogans were pretty good.

That stupid bandanna cut thing they do with the hair really screws a lot of these Mattel ones up.
Stormbreaker1
HULK SMASH!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:37 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:37 am
Stormbreaker1 wrote:
FAR inferior to Mattel's versions, even with Mattel's issues.
The Jakks figures had oversized, almost bobble heads in some cases, and balloon arm muscles on all of their "super articulated" figures.

The scale is also WAY off, where just about everyone is the same size. A Jakks Hogan with any Mattel WWE figures would look like someone wearing a bad Halloween costume with oversized one size fits all mask and cheap muscle suit.
Ha! That’s one way to discourage me bothering to go hunting for any Jakks figures.
Stormbreaker1
HULK SMASH!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:56 pm

ODBJBG wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:02 am
Boggles my mind that Mattel still can't nail a classic 80s Hogan. Jakks was superior in that regard, all their Hogans were pretty good.

That stupid bandanna cut thing they do with the hair really screws a lot of these Mattel ones up.
I just can’t get over that ridiculously goofy face on the upcoming Survivor Series figure. That expression…

Some of the Jakks looked pretty good, but again, I don’t want to bother looking for something that’s not great. I saw a review of the Storm Collectibles Hogan figures, and a couple of those looked real nice, but I missed the boat on those too.

I’m hoping for a 1984 -1985 era Hogan, right at the dawn of Hulkamania. A WM1 figure would be great. The classic Hulkamania shirt in red, with a headband done properly (pre-bandanna; when did he go from headband to bandanna?)… Just a solid basic classic Hogan.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:18 pm

To be fair, the headband thing is actually what I was referring to. The gap in the hair is for the headband not the bandanna. They did an 80s blue tights AWA inspired Hogan I believe. But it was a RSC repaint I think.

Their Hogans haven’t been horrible but I’ve consistently been underwhelmed.
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:31 am

Finally picked up that last Daniel Bryan Elite just for a fix up. I figured he’d end up cheap on Amazon but never seemed to, then with him likely heading AEW’s way soon, I knew I had to just bite the bullet and pay full price for him.

However, what an upgrade. Seeing this face print next to the old one I was using was shocking. Plus I get the pointer “YES” fingers. I forget what figure the base body is from, but now I have a pretty great looking championship run Bryan figure for my WWE champ shelf.

And looking at this picture makes me wish even more that I could’ve secured an Ultimate Hogan to replace the old one there...
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:32 am

The purple shirt Macho Man popped up on Target for local pick up late tonight so I was able to snag it. Hopefully it means I can pick it up tomorrow without cancellation...
Boy Wonder
Attempting to Avoid the Void

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:16 am

Looking over my shelf, I’d thought about how cool it would be to have a belt for everyone. But I’d want that E71 Big Show that was fairly easy to find last year so I have him when he actually held the title.

That thing sells for over $100 now... so I guess that ain’t happening

I’d probably have to track down a good handful of the current belt if I did that. I think I’ve accumulated plenty of Winged Eagles and a good number of Attitude era. I’ve often considered buying one of the nice 1970’s titles I see on Instagram for Bruno/Superstar
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:01 am

I posted this on IG the other day about Zelina Vega being the perfect person for a Power Ranger cosplay, and tagged her in it. She was the first one to like it after it posted.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”