Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Corn Viper
Super Poseable
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:45 pm

elvis8batman wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:30 pm
Just tried ordering Venger and Dungeon Master and it’s already sold out everywhere, guess it will be eBay for me.
Its available on Target's site right now.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:13 pm

If we get characters past the main ones, who do we want? I'd love a Haslab Tiamat (I saw someone bring that up), Lloth, Warduke and Kelek, some Bullywogs... it would be great to get a fully fleshed out line.
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:12 am

EICzerofour wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:49 am
Technically Warduke and Strongheart were in the show, so NECA is kind of doing cartoon figures. : P

Hasbro knows Warduke sells, right? So what is to stop them from doing Warduke, Kelek, ect in this line too?
My prediction is that wave 2 will be the other two kids and a deluxe Warduke with lots of extras.
psylocke
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Dungeons & Dragons: We want more, Hasbro!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:20 am

PG-Superfan wrote:
EICzerofour wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 5:49 am
Technically Warduke and Strongheart were in the show, so NECA is kind of doing cartoon figures. : P

Hasbro knows Warduke sells, right? So what is to stop them from doing Warduke, Kelek, ect in this line too?
My prediction is that wave 2 will be the other two kids and a deluxe Warduke with lots of extras.
It’s 3 kids, Sheila, Presto, & Eric.

So I didn’t know Hasbro owns the license now. I could totally see them deep diving if it sells well.

I would love to see more realistic versions of the characters

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkImage
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:10 am

I hope Hasbro makes Warduke. If all we ever get from Hasbro are figures from the Cartoon, that would be fine, as I still can't even believe these figures that just went up for pre order were announced. Hopefully we can get the other 3 kids, Warduke, and some others.

Now, that being said, I really do wish Hasbro would make all the 80's LJN D&D figures as well. I know NECA are making figures of those, but I just don't buy NECA anymore as it seems if you look at one of their figures wrong, it falls apart. So, I'd much rather Hasbro do the LJN D&D figures as well.
Kassle
CROM!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 3:20 am

The new cartoon line was one of the first Day 1 pre-orders I have jumped on in a long time. I'm usually hesitant to jump on board until the core cast is out (esp in this case when my favorite characters - Sheila & Eric - aren't in Wave 1). But this one hit me right in the feels and caught me so off-guard - my brother and I loved this show and always wanted figures when we were kids. I had to jump on-board immediately.
Corn Viper
Super Poseable

Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:12 am

I bet we'll get wave 2 of the rest of the kids. Anything else will be a bonus, it is based off a 40 year cartoon than ran for 27 episodes.
felgekarp
Avengers Assemble

Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 pm

If they did do Tiamat as a haslab what kind of “incentives” would there be for backing it bearing in mind it’d have to be characters from the cartoon, maybe that’s where they’d do Warduke, or heck knowing Hasbro it’d just come with 1 head and each tier will be an extra 1.
EICzerofour
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Sep 25, 2022 4:13 pm

felgekarp wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:02 pm
If they did do Tiamat as a haslab what kind of “incentives” would there be for backing it bearing in mind it’d have to be characters from the cartoon, maybe that’s where they’d do Warduke, or heck knowing Hasbro it’d just come with 1 head and each tier will be an extra 1.
"We offer Warduke, a villian from one of the episodes! And Kelek, another villian! Strongheart, a nice hero..." If they did this they'd know how to pull me in.
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 5:38 pm

When you guys say 'Tiamat' i keep thinking of the huge Bat from DARK SIDERS the game LOL
#GamerHead

Watch the Haslab Tiamat be like $400 dollars, you heard it here first.
Matthew K
nah, pass

Sun Sep 25, 2022 8:34 pm

I’m stoked for these and preordered with a quickness. I saw Yakface say that the codes for Eric, Presto, and Shiela are already in the system, so no worries about completing the team. If they stopped there, I’d be good with that as a display, but I could really go for cartoon versions of Kelek, Warduke, Strongheart, and a deluxe Venger and horse set. I did watch a couple of episodes on YouTube recently and really liked the Bullywug design and would love a figure of it.

Tiamat would be cool and I think I would make some size concessions if it got me a non-haslab version that could actually fit on the shelf.

The articulation does look a little clunky and Hank especially could have used double elbows. I also really hope they didn’t cut thigh swivels and they are just hidden under the skirts.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:53 pm

Great news on Series 2 being in the system
already!

As for more figures beyond that well

Dekkion (potential army builder)
Orc Soldiers(army builders)
Bullywugs(army builders)
Lizard Men(army builders)
Kareena (Venger’s sister)
Kelek
Warduke
Strongheart
Tiamat

Enough for 3 more waves and a Haslab with extras. Perfection!
PG-Superfan
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:26 am

Super Camel wrote:
Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:10 am
I hope Hasbro makes Warduke. If all we ever get from Hasbro are figures from the Cartoon, that would be fine, as I still can't even believe these figures that just went up for pre order were announced. Hopefully we can get the other 3 kids, Warduke, and some others.

Now, that being said, I really do wish Hasbro would make all the 80's LJN D&D figures as well. I know NECA are making figures of those, but I just don't buy NECA anymore as it seems if you look at one of their figures wrong, it falls apart. So, I'd much rather Hasbro do the LJN D&D figures as well.
I figure Hasbro will make a cartoon Warduke for now, if they make one. He looks a bit different from the toy and the game art.

I'm thinking the D&D cartoon line is going to lead into the movie Honor Among Thieves line. That line probably has an expected release between January and March (when the movie comes out and Pulse ships the Gelatinous Cube).

I bet the cartoon line at least takes a break while the movie stuff hits and we may see game-based stuff after the movie.

Honestly, I think the cartoon line is close to complete with the six kids, Venger, and Dungeon Master. It's fairly complete if you toss in the cartoon versions of Warduke, Strongheart, and Kelek. It would be awesome to also see a Tiamat. That's basically 3 waves and a Haslab. Maybe a second version of Venger with his horse too.

Beyond that, I think generic D&D stuff would flesh out the shelf quite nicely and have the advantage of also interacting with Honor Among Thieves toys and stuff like the Iconic Characters.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dungeon ... characters

I figure the cartoon stuff is all we'll get from the Grayhawk setting. The bulk will probably be Forgotten Realms.
figureitout
Faster than a speeding bullet

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:08 pm

I hate Venger’s side eyes.
elvis8batman
CROM!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:14 pm

Corn Viper wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:45 pm
elvis8batman wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:30 pm
Just tried ordering Venger and Dungeon Master and it’s already sold out everywhere, guess it will be eBay for me.
Its available on Target's site right now.
Thanks but I’m in the U.K. so Target isn’t any good to me. But I got lucky yesterday and managed to find an online toy store that still had them up for sale so I got a set.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”