Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
Child_of_the_90's
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:18 pm

I'm surprised they made the Ninja outfits Target exclusive. They could have easily used them to add MMPR into the regular line. Same with Red Sentry. And they made the metallic suits pulse exclusive when I was sure they would be used to fill in the line as well.

It's like they went out of their way to reduce the number of MMPR variants in the regular waves, which I suppose is a good thing for variety sake with only 4 figures a wave. Seems we get more exclusives with this line than we do regular waves.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:04 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:43 pm
Yea, I’m just curious how much of the Zordon era stuff is realistically left to pack into waves outside of Turbo.

I know you’ve got some of Rita’s crew you can toss into a wave, Bulk and Skull would likely be a two pack, and you still have all of Turbo. Just really not a whole lot left since monsters are their own SKU.

It’s likely they will pivot to the MMPR movie soon to get the most recognizable group back onto the shelves.

But for people like me that only collect Zordon era stuff, it seems like our wallets will get a break. I’m looking forward to going from 3 figures to a wave to maybe 1 if they start moving to other eras and teams.
I'm sure there's a lot more they can milk, even with just MMPR.

We don't have a proper Lightning collection Ninjor, you just know they'll do a Kat version of Ninja Pink, and while monsters may be their own thing, who doesn't expect we'll see Lightning Collection versions of Master Vile or Rito Revolto. The "comic book" aesthetic for Pink I expect will be applied to the others, and if you factor in the MMPR comics (and they do), then we have a MASSIVE amount of MMPR stuff to add - from the Omega Rangers to the new Green Ranger to the Altarians, etc.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they did the "oops all Green Rangers" thing the comic book did where they all got powered up by the Dragon coin and their costumes were simply recolored green.
EICzerofour
Super Poseable

Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:33 pm

I love the all Green Ranger look. I'd buy that. It would just be a shame that we wouldn't get Billy.

I really want Ninjor and comic characters. (And i'm one of those that will buy at least one Tommy of anything.)

Question, do we think Green Ranger Shredder will come soon? I think I want BBTS to ship my Pile of Loot soon, but would feel awful if Shredder came right after. :P
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:32 pm

Received the latest wave from Hasbro Pulse this week. They all look great except In Space Pink who has a giant black scuff across her neck/head. Now I need to stalk Target for a replacement.

On the topic of MMPR, I've been thinking about what I want from this line before I make my exit & I've compiled a list.

1. Ninjetti Red & Yellow
2. Ninjor, Ninjor, Ninjor!
3. MMPR The Movie suits. Bandai made dedicated sculpts so Hasbro better as well.
4. Mastodon & Sabertooth Sentries. Any and all sentries actually.
5. Alien Rangers (I'm probably the only person on the planet who wants these.)
6. Omega Rangers
7. Thunder Rangers
8. The complete Dino Charge team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:49 am

Nebraska wrote:Received the latest wave from Hasbro Pulse this week. They all look great except In Space Pink who has a giant black scuff across her neck/head. Now I need to stalk Target for a replacement.

On the topic of MMPR, I've been thinking about what I want from this line before I make my exit & I've compiled a list.

1. Ninjetti Red & Yellow
2. Ninjor, Ninjor, Ninjor!
3. MMPR The Movie suits. Bandai made dedicated sculpts so Hasbro better as well.
4. Mastodon & Sabertooth Sentries. Any and all sentries actually.
5. Alien Rangers (I'm probably the only person on the planet who wants these.)
6. Omega Rangers
7. Thunder Rangers
8. The complete Dino Charge team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
If you contact Hasbro they should be able to send you a replacement if they have any. Paint issues fall under the umbrella of factory errors I believe. It would beat looking for one in stores. Or they can refund your money and you can just buy another one. That's what they did with my Drakkon exclusive since they didn't have any in stock when I contacted them. And that's an SDCC excluisve. I sent it back, and they refunded my money. It had paint scratched off of the helmet and arm band.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:14 pm

Got Phantom Ranger and Dino Charge Green. Very nice figures. I had a Phantom Ranger way back in the day. I always liked this design. Feels classic sci-fi, like he could fit in other genres, too. Love that he has two blast effects. Cool paint work, too, like the silver on all of his buckles.

I like the Dino Charge suit designs. Never watched that show. I want to complete this team just for how nice the suits look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:36 pm

Dino Charge Gold kinds sucks. Cause his suit is more like a banana yellow on the top and shitty weird gold on the bottom. Hes better after a complete repaint of all the gold. But out of box hes disappointing. The show wasn't awful. But its definitely not one of the best ones. And by the end it had probably the biggest team I've ever seen. And the suit designs themselves were definitely a highlight.

MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:08 am

Any reasons that Hasbro hasn't touched certain series at all? Turbo, Ninja Storm off the top of my head.

I asked a superfan I know and they just told me Turbo sucks.

Fair enough, but surely there's still money there. It's where the MMPR/Zeo era handed the baton off, so you can milk the Space and Zeo cast again.

What hasn't been addressed at all? Would there be a rhyme or reason to any of it? I remember that one red ranger murdered his roommate, maybe that series is verboten?

Honestly an idle curiousity question, as I have no real investment in anything after Zeo.
Garlador
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 pm

MollyMillions wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:08 am
Any reasons that Hasbro hasn't touched certain series at all? Turbo, Ninja Storm off the top of my head.

I asked a superfan I know and they just told me Turbo sucks.

Fair enough, but surely there's still money there. It's where the MMPR/Zeo era handed the baton off, so you can milk the Space and Zeo cast again.

What hasn't been addressed at all? Would there be a rhyme or reason to any of it? I remember that one red ranger murdered his roommate, maybe that series is verboten?

Honestly an idle curiousity question, as I have no real investment in anything after Zeo.
I think mostly it's because there are a whopping 28 seasons of Power Rangers, and it takes time and money to create new characters for a new line, and we still have MANY incomplete seasons out there already, so it's prudent not to just keep doing every season before wrapping up some current ones.

We JUST completed the In Space team, but so many other seasons aren't finished. Wes is the single, sad, lonely rep for the beloved Time Force. Dino Chargers had 10 Rangers, and it's crawling to completion. Beast Morphers apparently didn't sell well, meaning we're still lacking two of the main Ranger cast there. SPD still lacks Z and Kat. We're still waiting on Dino Thunder Yellow and Black (that one's a Tommy, so it's a guarantee...). Wild Force only has one rep too. We're still missing three of the core team of Lost Galaxy. Etc.

Ultimately, there are certain seasons that are more popular than others, even outside of MMPR, so from a business perspective, to keep the life of the Lightning line healthy, it makes sense to spread those more desired seasons and characters out. Seasons like RPM are well-liked, but we have no reps there yet, for instance.

Yes, there are some "problematic" real-life issues with some of the actors (Wild Force Red killing his roommate, Ninja Storm Red being an abuser and committing suicide, Overdrive Black allegedly stealing from charity, etc.), but I think Hasbro would still make those figures, as there is a clear separation of actor and role. Thuy Trang's tragic passing hasn't stopped anyone there from profiting off her likeness. That's just how business works; supply and demand.

Hasbro has put out over 115 figures in the span of 3 years. So long as the line sells, I think we can expect more teams to be represented in the future.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:56 pm

He killed his roommate by accident in self defense. Otherwise he'd be in jail for alot longer then the shorter amount of time they gave him. Iirc he was recently released. But I honestly don't think any of their outside real life problems would or should disqualify the figures from being made. Not to mention, the Ranger in question has been rumored to be coming this year in a deluxe set with a motorcycle or something. Kira from Dino Thunder is also rumored for later this year. I honestly would rather them try and finish some of these teams up before starting more. I want Lost Galaxy, SPD, Dino Thunder and Time Force specifically. Then they can start on new ones. I can't wait for them to start doing Ninja Storm. And while Turbo was kind of a shitty season, the suits themselves and Divatox were really cool. I would love figures of them.

EICzerofour
Super Poseable

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:15 pm

What are all the rumoured figures right now?
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 pm

@Garlador - Thank you for a thorough well-reasoned response. Was an enjoyable and educational read for me. Makes a lot of sense.

I didn't realise some of those teams were started then abandoned for now. That sucks for those fans.

I would want RPM and Ninja Storm in the future, but I'm in no hurry.

@Trunks - Divatox is mandatory for me. And thanks for the info, as well!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:47 am

EICzerofour wrote:What are all the rumoured figures right now?
Dino Thunder Yellow, Lost Galaxy Green, Wild Force Red with a bike, Wild Force Blue, Beast Morphers Yellow, Dino Fury Green, Dino Charge Blue, an unnamed villain from Wild Force, and another MMPR Black (which could and should be the Mastodon sentry from the comics, but that's not for sure), and Time Force Green also with a bike.

This pic seems legit since the first row is already confirmed and up for preorder. Image

Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:19 pm

Also confirmed was the Galaxy Glider vehicle pack with TJ Space Blue Ranger. Some teams are not just more popular with the fanbase, but probably the LC design team. In Space's main team and 6th ranger is done and now they're doing them pretty immediately with a Galaxy Glider versions. SPD doesn't have Yellow or Kat Ranger scheduled yet, but that's after Kruger, 4 main team, the 6th Omega Ranger and the entire A-Squad. Dino Charge also pretty well represented.

To another topic, since Pulse is doing a GI Joe Fan First Friday, I'm putting an alarm to remind me to check their site before 11am to see if they'll do another In Stock sale for Zhane Silver Space Ranger.
Misfit
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:48 pm

Garlador wrote:
Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:27 pm

Yes, there are some "problematic" real-life issues with some of the actors (Wild Force Red killing his roommate, Ninja Storm Red being an abuser and committing suicide, Overdrive Black allegedly stealing from charity, etc.), but I think Hasbro would still make those figures, as there is a clear separation of actor and role. Thuy Trang's tragic passing hasn't stopped anyone there from profiting off her likeness. That's just how business works; supply and demand.

Hasbro has put out over 115 figures in the span of 3 years. So long as the line sells, I think we can expect more teams to be represented in the future.
I don’t see how Thuy Trang’s passing in a car accident is at all relatable to murderers and thieves. That’s just her estate saying “ok” to her likeness use and welcoming whatever financial windfall is earned from it. Hasbro’s reputation isn’t at risk in making her figure, while some of the others could create some negative press. Regardless, it would seem the easy thing to do with a problematic actor is to just not include an unmasked head. Then they don’t owe that actor anything and he’s not really being celebrated in any way and fans at least get the ranger in figure form.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”