Ghostbusters Plasma Series

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
User avatar
jkpopculture
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: st louis mo
Posts: 329
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 7:06 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:54 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:38 am
september_death wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 am
I also get the naysaying, but I think between the goodwill and success of Afterlife, and the successful HasLab, it’s in their interest to not let this sit on the shelf indefinitely.

Real Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II are good for at least a wave each. More if they start doing more ghosts. I keep hoping Sony/Ghost Corps will rerelease the RGB full DVD set and finally give Extreme Ghostbusters an official release. Make me buy them in 4K; just put them back out there.
Honestly, we need more ghosts. One of the better parts of the DST line was the inclusion of ghosts for the display. Right now, outside of Gozer and the Terror Dogs, we have no ghosts. Not even Slimer, which is surprising.
Spoiler! :
even more surprising is that Slimer was apparently not even in the movie at all, though I suppose Muncher basically took his place.
The director said that
Spoiler! :
the reason slimer wasn't in afterlife is that he wanted to keep certain ghosts exclusive to certain areas of the Country. So muncher was kinda a regional variant of slimer in a Sense.
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:17 pm

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:36 am
Spoiler! :
I hope they bring in a new crew or comedians that are looking to franchise out Ghostbusters name.
They tried that already, and Dan's pitches back in the 90s would have been horrible as well. Not that the talent isn't there...you just can't recreate the "lightning in a bottle" that the original movie was. Honestly, going with junior Ghostbusters just to keep some perceived "funny" actors out was a positive, best case scenario.

I just hope it doesn't go full on New York next time. Not just because it has been done to death, but they just cant film in New York the way they used to. There's also no Canadian city that can fool you. Send the new Busters out on the road, Haunted America style!
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10627
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:19 pm

Yeah, I get people being mad at Murray for delaying GB3 for thirty years. (I’m no Murray-defender)

But I’m 100% happy we didn’t get the movie Dan wanted in the 90’s. It would have Spawn-level effects and aged like milk for that reason. It’s been a long drought as a fan, but some things work out the right way.
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm

september_death wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:19 pm
Yeah, I get people being mad at Murray for delaying GB3 for thirty years. (I’m no Murray-defender)

But I’m 100% happy we didn’t get the movie Dan wanted in the 90’s. It would have Spawn-level effects and aged like milk for that reason. It’s been a long drought as a fan, but some things work out the right way.
'Member "Ghostbusters Lite?"
Image

And whatever this was:
Image
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 10627
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:28 pm

featofstrength wrote:
september_death wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:19 pm
Yeah, I get people being mad at Murray for delaying GB3 for thirty years. (I’m no Murray-defender)

But I’m 100% happy we didn’t get the movie Dan wanted in the 90’s. It would have Spawn-level effects and aged like milk for that reason. It’s been a long drought as a fan, but some things work out the right way.
'Member "Ghostbusters Lite?"
Image

And whatever this was:
Image
Exactly. I’m not one of the people that say “Ghostbusters wasn’t a comedy”. But it’s definitely not anything else from that era (Caddyshack, Animal House, Stripes). It’s a hard balance to strike, and I really only feel The Frighteners is one of the only movies I’d put in the same neighborhood for the right tone.
User avatar
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 217
Joined: Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:17 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:09 pm

featofstrength wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:22 pm

'Member "Ghostbusters Lite?"
Image
I still argue that Evolution is an underrated movie. It's not as great as Ghostbusters but it's pretty darned funny for a 90's film.
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 3583
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:15 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:05 pm

i love elvoluton!! it's a great movie and awesome cast.
User avatar
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Just north of 'the D'
Posts: 6889
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 12:31 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:33 pm

"the Family That Busts Together"

https://youtu.be/0tdyU_gW6WE
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4200
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:22 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:08 pm

Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 pm
https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-p ... A-81959671

Well it was up for half a second that I saw. I managed to get it into my cart and it went out of stock while checking out, so maybe the bots got it, or maybe Target didn't mean to put it up yet. Either way, it's finally up so you can see what stores nearby have it.
thanks for the link - though I'm a day late...
Child_of_the_90's
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 379
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:51 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:09 am

Shockingly, my pick up went smooth. No two packs on the shelves so I guess they never put them out.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Collector4612
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 334
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:04 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm

mr Articulate wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:08 pm
Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 pm
https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-p ... A-81959671

Well it was up for half a second that I saw. I managed to get it into my cart and it went out of stock while checking out, so maybe the bots got it, or maybe Target didn't mean to put it up yet. Either way, it's finally up so you can see what stores nearby have it.
thanks for the link - though I'm a day late...
No problem, I'd been checking the app religiously trying to get the set when it went up, as my Targets are so slow and inconsistent to get anything exclusive stocked. I just missed it online though, and of course none of the stores near me have any in stock, so back to waiting I guess.

If anyone is able to find it in stores, or if it goes back in stock online, there is a 25% off on one toy coupon in the Target Circle offers, valid through 12/4, makes the price on this set much more palatable.
User avatar
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Chicago 'Burbs
Posts: 4463
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:36 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:47 pm

Evolution's a great movie!

I really wish the movie hadn't contradicted the game. They could've easily kept it canon as "GB3" without needing to reference it in the slightest, because I get most people wouldn't get such references.

A buddy grabbed me the two-pack, thankfully, but I haven't picked it up yet, as he lives kinda far.

I really hope the movie at least does well enough to get more Plasma. I want an apology Terror Sentinel, too, lol. Regardless of how little screentime it got, if that thing had ML BAF articulation, it would be my favorite BAF ever, just due to how cool of an idea it is to put a Terror Dog head with awesome new horns on a big hulking body. But as is, it's just a fricking embarrassment. :|
mr Articulate
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 4200
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2003 7:22 am

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:25 am

Collector4612 wrote:
Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:23 pm
mr Articulate wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:08 pm
Collector4612 wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:36 pm
https://www.target.com/p/ghostbusters-p ... A-81959671

Well it was up for half a second that I saw. I managed to get it into my cart and it went out of stock while checking out, so maybe the bots got it, or maybe Target didn't mean to put it up yet. Either way, it's finally up so you can see what stores nearby have it.
thanks for the link - though I'm a day late...
No problem, I'd been checking the app religiously trying to get the set when it went up, as my Targets are so slow and inconsistent to get anything exclusive stocked. I just missed it online though, and of course none of the stores near me have any in stock, so back to waiting I guess.

If anyone is able to find it in stores, or if it goes back in stock online, there is a 25% off on one toy coupon in the Target Circle offers, valid through 12/4, makes the price on this set much more palatable.
Had a "last one" set for pick up last night, and this morning it was no longer avaialbe... oh well, maybe it will be like the GI Joe figures and come back unexpectedly
PSPS13
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:47 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Fri Dec 03, 2021 2:35 am

Child_of_the_90's wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:38 am
september_death wrote:
Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 am
I also get the naysaying, but I think between the goodwill and success of Afterlife, and the successful HasLab, it’s in their interest to not let this sit on the shelf indefinitely.

Real Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II are good for at least a wave each. More if they start doing more ghosts. I keep hoping Sony/Ghost Corps will rerelease the RGB full DVD set and finally give Extreme Ghostbusters an official release. Make me buy them in 4K; just put them back out there.
Honestly, we need more ghosts. One of the better parts of the DST line was the inclusion of ghosts for the display. Right now, outside of Gozer and the Terror Dogs, we have no ghosts. Not even Slimer, which is surprising.
Spoiler! :
even more surprising is that Slimer was apparently not even in the movie at all, though I suppose Muncher basically took his place.
Yeah, very much agree. Though I hope, if they insist on transparent plastics at all, they don't have such dark elements inappropriately breaking the integrity, such as in the torso of this latest one. I don't really like transparent toys at all, personally, because I think some degree of inner workings are always too visible to maintain the illusion of the toy (plus the half-life of that plastic's always rubbish, obviously) - but at least Legends keep the insides light and Black Series (as much as I often see fault in their colouring) actually do some of the best, by spraying enough colour wash over the transparency to add subtlety and mask the obvious interior.
(Agree with your spoiler comment, too.)
User avatar
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1800
Joined: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:37 pm

Re: Ghostbusters Plasma Series

Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:59 am

So, GI Joe and Star Wars get extra incentives outside of their tier system to bolster their failing campaigns, while Ghostbusters did just fine…how about a second set of mini-puffs so we can display all six heads, Hasbro?

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”