Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:38 pm

With Pulse limiting Cogs; both the two pack and single; to two per person, that will bring my army to six. I think six may be good for the mooks, as it makes it one per Ranger. We're ignoring that I went overboard on Z-Putties. ..also I only have 5 Tengas, do I need one more?

Anyway, back to reveals. Not too concerned with the TJ double dip. Let's me keep one version of the team unmasked in a PR pose, and one full morphed in "action" and shows off the astro glide that was a big part of the show. I fully expect them to do the same for MMPR with the Shark Cycles. Plus these rereleases are always a chance for new weapons or better likenesses.
And cannon or not, in my expanded universe Psycho Silver is with the other 6 Psychos. Maybe Dark Spectre made one after Zahne's little ruse.

And of the new reveals, really liking Piranhitushead (sp?). Glad monsters aren't completely dead. Lunar Wolf is neat to see, but just makes me want Zen-Aku more.

Not sure what's going on with that NFT. Depends how long I have to decide. But really just make a preorder for a super deluxe premium SOC style Megazord...or better yet keep up the LC style $60 Megazords you started with the Zeo MZ.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:21 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
..also I only have 5 Tengas, do I need one more?
Tenga might be my figure of the year for any toy line, I'm surprised I stopped at two. Realistically, I have no room to display huge 6" armies of anything.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:12 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
..also I only have 5 Tengas, do I need one more?
Tenga might be my figure of the year for any toy line, I'm surprised I stopped at two. Realistically, I have no room to display huge 6" armies of anything.
Realistically, neither do I. But on Power Rangers my inner-12-year-old has taken the wheel and won't give it back.
I've cut back on ML. GI Joe is being doled out between myself and my son, and new army builders are self-limited to one or two. Likewise, Star Wars is also on life-support. Army builders are one of each, and I'm finding excuses NOT to even buy new releases I might have previously been interested in.

But right now it's Power Rangers and some of the various McFarlane lines that are genuinely exciting me. And not just collecting them because "I've ALWAYS collected them."

Garlador
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Oct 23, 2021 6:27 pm

Weird to think that probably my favorite figures from the Lightning Collection have been the baddies. Lord Zedd, the Tengas, Finster, Goldar, the Putties and Cogs, and even the upcoming Pirantishead all look like great monsters. I wish more had good paint apps, but they're winners more than not.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:37 pm

Pirantishead actually looks good, compared to the earlier three undercooked monster releases.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:12 am

Garlador wrote:
Weird to think that probably my favorite figures from the Lightning Collection have been the baddies. Lord Zedd, the Tengas, Finster, Goldar, the Putties and Cogs, and even the upcoming Pirantishead all look like great monsters. I wish more had good paint apps, but they're winners more than not.
Yeah like Lord Zedd is still such an amazing figure for this price. Pirantishead stole the PRLC show at pulse-con. I really like the molds for the regular Rangers but between the off-color plastics and missing paint apps, it's like, they're missing free throws, so to speak. Should be easy money by reusing molds but they manage to mess it up.
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:17 am

Another team bites the dust.
Garlador
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:21 am

vicious7171 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:12 am
Garlador wrote:
Yeah like Lord Zedd is still such an amazing figure for this price. Pirantishead stole the PRLC show at pulse-con. I really like the molds for the regular Rangers but between the off-color plastics and missing paint apps, it's like, they're missing free throws, so to speak. Should be easy money by reusing molds but they manage to mess it up.
Hasbro support has been great at getting me replacement figures and parts, but I agree. So many of them are re-using molds and bodies, yet between inconsistent weapons, off-model helmets (looking at you, MMPR Red), botched civilian heads, poor paint apps or blemishes, mismatched plastic colors, often weird proportions (helmets that sit too low on the neck, female shoulder joints, etc.)... it's been a lot of issues that have frustrated me and I honestly don't buy too many Ranger figures anymore as a result. I still have plenty from the Bandai Legacy collection that are serving that role.

But the monsters? Many of them NEVER had good figures done in the past before, so getting them now is great. I never would have predicted some of these would ever come even a few years ago.

A few Rangers are still on my radar (Phantom Ranger, for once), and my poor Wes figure is in dire need of more Time Force crew (chiefly my favorite Pink Ranger, Jen...). But until then, Hasbro might still get me to grab a monster or two along the way if they keep the quality high.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:29 pm

I had to pass on the pig. If it was $45 then maybe. But with it being near $60 I just couldn't pull the trigger. Hopefully they add it in the regular line.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 pm

I was going through my preorders on Pulse, taking stock of things, canceling a few, and realized that I hadn't ordered the Kat 2 pack yet. Was she a Pulse exclusive? No chance I ordered it somewhere else already?
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:41 pm

Wasn't she part of that "Pink" event and a shared Pulse/Gamestop exclusive?

NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:23 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote: Wasn't she part of that "Pink" event and a shared Pulse/Gamestop exclusive?

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Oct 24, 2021 5:35 pm
I was going through my preorders on Pulse, taking stock of things, canceling a few, and realized that I hadn't ordered the Kat 2 pack yet. Was she a Pulse exclusive? No chance I ordered it somewhere else already?
Yep it’s was shown in the pink fan first event. It’s an exclusive to GameStop, not sure about pulse site through.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:59 pm

I got an Amazon email for my Scorpina/Aisha 2pack will be delivered this Thursday, Oct 28.
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:59 am

If anyone needs the GameStop exclusive Kat two-pack of her as Mighty Morphin Pink and Zeo Pink, it's listed here: https://www.gamestop.com/collectibles/f ... ml?bt=true

I also got an update saying my MMPR Yellow/Scorpina two-pack will be delivered this Thursday. I can't wait to add it to my collection!
K_Steel
Prognostibator

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Tyrano Sentries are coming.

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”