Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

WHO YA GONNA CALL? YO JOE! - Back to the Future, Ghostbusters, GI Joe, and WWE - it's all in here!
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Power Rangers Lightning Collection General Discussion

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:03 am

citysushi wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:01 am
Um, I didn't know about the Red Sentry until just now. Is it Pulse exclusive? Any chance more will be available?

Also saw the Metallic rangers up. No White?
Red Sentry is a Target Exclusive, and a limited number was also sold on Pulse. Both are now sold out in pre-order. His release date is August 1. If it's like the black Dino Whatever exclusive, it should come in moderately decent quantities, so hopefully everyone can get one if they are on the ball. However, it is MMPR related, and an army builder, so......
citysushi
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:19 am

Well, maybe I can find it in store, then, or at least it hopefully won't be too expensive on eBay. The Power Rangers stuff doesn't seem to be that high demand.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:10 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:I think there's a lot of overthinking going on with Rocky's stabity stab weapons. There's no reason they can't be released packaged with Tanya or Kat. No one is buying these figures because they're fans of just that one character. No one is just getting Tanya and that's it. Ditto for Kat. They're buying them to team build, they want the complete Zeo team. Same for ANY PR team that are making. Put Rocky's weapons in with one of the girls, get your complete Zeo team displayed on your shelf and rest easy.

That said, I don't see myself double dipping for these weapons. If I have to rebuy Zeo Rock, I'll just as soon say, "Thanks but no thanks". It sucks, but I'm not dropping another $20 over Hasbro's screw up.
Exactly like I said earlier. I'm not sure there will be anyone buying either of the female zeo rangers that hasn't already gotten the rest. I mean, why would you? So anyone buying them, would already most likely have Rocky. Otherwise what's the point? Especially since he was easy to find.
Boke18 wrote:We don't have to like it but it's something we should recognize that they do. The new head sculpts look good but I'll wait until they release to pick them up and even then I may wait for them to drop in price.

I would have loved to see a villain but I'm glad we got Red Sentry. I feel he'll be easy to get even if it's exclusive. But I'm not too mad. There is way too much coming from other lines I collect so it's nice to know I can save some money.
Technically the red sentry is a villain. You probably meant monster? Lol.

I know how Hasbro works. I've been buying from them for as long as I can remember. I was just spit balling some ideas in case they read this, so maybe they won't be completely douchy about the tonfa release. For free to people who own him would be great. For cheap just to get them out there would be less ideal but also cool. As the only incentive for a 5 pack? Or even a 6 pack? Go **** yourselves. In the nicest way possible. I'll buy the set off shapeways before I buy 5 figures I already have for 2 weapons we should've got anyway. Better yet, maybe I'll just buy the mutlipack, pull the tonfa, and take the rest back. I don't normally do that, but I may just out of spite.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:47 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:I think there's a lot of overthinking going on with Rocky's stabity stab weapons. There's no reason they can't be released packaged with Tanya or Kat. No one is buying these figures because they're fans of just that one character. No one is just getting Tanya and that's it. Ditto for Kat. They're buying them to team build, they want the complete Zeo team. Same for ANY PR team that are making. Put Rocky's weapons in with one of the girls, get your complete Zeo team displayed on your shelf and rest easy.

That said, I don't see myself double dipping for these weapons. If I have to rebuy Zeo Rock, I'll just as soon say, "Thanks but no thanks". It sucks, but I'm not dropping another $20 over Hasbro's screw up.
Exactly like I said earlier. I'm not sure there will be anyone buying either of the female zeo rangers that hasn't already gotten the rest. I mean, why would you? So anyone buying them, would already most likely have Rocky. Otherwise what's the point? Especially since he was easy to find.
There's also the fact that this isn't unprecedented. Hasbro released an Onslaught head with a Kitty Pryde figure as a bonus piece. I wanted the Kitty, but i had no use for the Onslaught head. Oh well. (I'm pretty sure there are other similar examples of this happening in the ML line). So on the off chance someone out there buys Zeo Kat and that's the only Zeo figure they ever want to own, then they just have a couple extra stabity stab weapons. Not a big deal.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:53 pm

I get the frustration about the tonfas. But if they only come in a 5 pack, buying it taking the tonfas and returning the 5pack won't hurt Hasbro but could very likely hurt another collector. 5 pack would most likely be through Amazon and unless packaging was significantly damaged they would likely turn around and resell it after return. I've gotten things missing before. I bought a ML Red Goblin "new" and someone had already removed the Kingpin BAF piece and retaped the box.
A 5 pack would not be ideal. But they could add more than JUST the tonfas. New heads with different hairstyles for Adam, Tanya, and Kat. A completely new head for Rocky. The batons in closed position....

Or add that not in a 5pack but packed with each Ranger in the $40 Rider series and give us the Zeo Cycles. And MMPR Shark Cycles. All sorts of possibilities.

But I agree in the best world, just pack them with Kat or Tanya, since we're getting them anyway.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:05 pm

Even if they pack the tonfas in a 5-pack, you still have 1 tonfa-less Zeo blue. They would have to pack 2 sets of tonfas to make up for the screw up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:48 pm

True. But personally I wouldn't have both holding the weapons. I'd have one version of the team with their weapons fully morphed in action poses. And the other unmasked in "hero pose". The only sticking point there is Zeo Gold. I have 2, but one is Jason and one Trey. And I'd want both gold Rangers unmasked to show the different characters. ...at least I don't THINK I bought a third Zeo gold to leave Morphed....

And the more I think about, the more I fully embrace the idea of adding additional accessories for one character with another related character where it makes sense. The example that I came up with would be Dino Thunder White's quill sword in it's standard closed position could come with someone like Mesogog as all he'd really need to come with is an extra set of hands...maybe.

Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:09 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:I get the frustration about the tonfas. But if they only come in a 5 pack, buying it taking the tonfas and returning the 5pack won't hurt Hasbro but could very likely hurt another collector. 5 pack would most likely be through Amazon and unless packaging was significantly damaged they would likely turn around and resell it after return. I've gotten things missing before. I bought a ML Red Goblin "new" and someone had already removed the Kingpin BAF piece and retaped the box.
A 5 pack would not be ideal. But they could add more than JUST the tonfas. New heads with different hairstyles for Adam, Tanya, and Kat. A completely new head for Rocky. The batons in closed position....

Or add that not in a 5pack but packed with each Ranger in the $40 Rider series and give us the Zeo Cycles. And MMPR Shark Cycles. All sorts of possibilities.

But I agree in the best world, just pack them with Kat or Tanya, since we're getting them anyway.

That's why I don't normally do that kind of thing. But if I did I would also be nice enough to break something in the box before I return it and tell them that it's broken, so they can't resell it. If amazon starts reselling obviously broken things then that's on amazon. If they do get a broken return they just send it back to Hasbro and get reimbursed, at least that's how it works for bnm retail stores. I'm sure amazon is the same, or has something similar happen. But I'm not one to swap figures and just take out BaF pieces and return something like that for someone else to just buy an incomplete item or say a WWE basic figure in a WWE Elite figure box, which I've seen happen at multiple stores.

I like the idea of giving Mesogog Trent's other weapon mode. But that's also one of those things Hasbro probably won't do. I mean, we have molds for the MMPR Blade Blasters in all 3 modes. But we don't get all 3 modes with any of the figures. I'd just settle for 2, one for the holster and the other could be a mix and match of blade or blaster mode. And we don't have closed zeo batons, but Leo in the 2 pack got both versions of the quasar saber. But the single card one doesn't? Even though its already molded? So if you don't buy both you have an incomplete figure there. But the SPD and Dino Thunder blue and red figures get all of their gear, even their morphers for SPD. Some of these choices are just... confusing.

K_Steel
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:40 pm

:shock:
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:27 am

K_Steel wrote:

What did I just watch? Lol.

Slixta
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:01 am

K_Steel wrote:

That is horrifying, but I oddly want to see more...
MollyMillions
Avengers Assemble

Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 pm

Trunks3540 wrote:
yojoebro82 wrote:I think there's a lot of overthinking going on with Rocky's stabity stab weapons. There's no reason they can't be released packaged with Tanya or Kat. No one is buying these figures because they're fans of just that one character. No one is just getting Tanya and that's it. Ditto for Kat.
Hi!

I decided long ago I only wanted the women, and even then not all of them. Just the ones I'm a fan of, top five being Kat, Tori, Andromeda, Summer, and Kim. And even then I passed on Kim because of that unmasked sculpt.

I would happily donate any accessories I didn't need to someone who did, though.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:14 pm

Well you my friend are an oddity. Not a bad thing. Just the exception, not the rule lol.

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:15 pm

Slixta wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:01 am
K_Steel wrote:

That is horrifying, but I oddly want to see more...
Kassle
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Apr 13, 2021 1:18 am

I also only buy the women LOL. We are def out here. ;-)

Return to “The Board for the Other Hasbro & Mattel Lines”