State of the X-Books

Discuss your favorite comics, comic heroes, comic companies. Anything comics. Did we mention comics?
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: State of the X-Books

Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:40 pm

I'm really sad that the best title in the current X-Books is being cancelled. Hellions was one of the best books I've read in a while. I had high hopes for New Mutants, X-Force, X-Factor... but none of those really held my attention as much as Hellions did.
I'm curious to see what is coming next for the X-Men, as Hickman starts to exit the books.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Wed Dec 08, 2021 11:54 pm

Kieron Gillen is coming back to the X-Books, which is fantastic news. His run on Uncanny is so underrated, and I love the work he's been doing on Eternals. Also, Inferno #3 was amazing. I'm sad Hickman is leaving but he's going out with a bang so far.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:36 am

Marauders annual had Brimstone Love from X-Men 2099 in it! No mention of 2099 but if we could get Skullfire in 616 proper... I'd lose my shit!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:30 am

I've been pretty down on the direction of the X-books lately and only just started getting caught up on the couple of issues I cared to check out and you guys...

YOU GUYS!

Anyone that knows me should know how [email protected]#$ out of this world stoked I am right now. An Otherworld/King Arthur/Mordred story. With the first ever team up of Shatterstar and Kylun! And Rictor is there. And they're being called Knights. In a whole fantasy adventure storyline.

Are you [email protected]#$ kidding me? I don't even care if this story ends up being total garbage. It's pure joy for me right now.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:27 pm

I'm not reading as many X books after the relaunch. Just X-Force, X-Men, Immortal X-Men, and X-Men: Red.

Immortal and Red are fantastic, though.

Return to “The Short Box - Comic Books”