Infinite Frontier #0. No spoilers. Infinite figures.

Discuss your favorite comics, comic heroes, comic companies. Anything comics. Did we mention comics?
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Infinite Frontier #0. No spoilers. Infinite figures.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:01 am

Read the #0 issue of Infinite Frontier tonight after work. Decent story, lots of setup. Lots of teases. Good potential.

As for figures, if DC wants Todd to take a more mainstream turn, there’s plenty here. Between the cover, the story, and the splash page, Todd’s got enough for the next 3-4 years worth of comic figures.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Infinite Frontier #0. No spoilers. Infinite figures.

Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:39 pm

I definitely hope we get Green Lantern/Sentinel, Jade, and Obsidian. That scene had me tearing up like crazy. Also Alan Scott is just awesome and it’s amazing to see him get the spotlight in this way. Figure please!!
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:29 pm

News this morning from DC announced an Infinite Frontier six issue limited series featuring some of the IF #0 cast including Alan, Barry, President Superman, Speedy, and others. Williamson and Xermanico are the creative team. Mitch Gerads on the A covers. Starting in June. The JSA is missing and Darkseid is back. Sounds like a good start.

Clearly a setup series for more series later in the year. JSA anyone? Not crazy about Alan going back to Sentinel. He’s the first. Let the rest of the GLC change their names,

Anyway, gimme any JSA and President Superman Todd. I’m in.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:53 pm

Hey Todd, the splash page at the end would be a good start for a great lineup.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:44 pm

DC’s revisionist histories have soured me on their stories.

I’ll continue to buy cool looking figures though.

Hate Alan’s white hair.They’ll probably change his costume to the KC version now too.

Loved the old Sentinel look in the 90s.

Good to see Jade and Todd back again though.
Tommy Tomorrow
Henry VIII

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:52 pm

Read the first issue of Infinite Frontier. I know of a retailer who puts his DC’s out on Mon.

Williamson just gets better. Honestly, this reads like Geoff Johns wrote it. I suspect he may have consulted. The cast is awesome. The usual suspects are there, but not exactly the one ya think. Nice twist at the end. Fun book. Love to see figures from it.

Return to “The Short Box - Comic Books”