State of the X-Books

Discuss your favorite comics, comic heroes, comic companies. Anything comics. Did we mention comics?
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: State of the X-Books

Tue May 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Just finished Decimation. Started on the Eternals, then need to figure out my path to the House of X paper back I have on my nightstand.
Prob. Civil War
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Thu May 20, 2021 4:19 pm

Mypoorwallet wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 5:47 am
So I'm reading the new X-factor boom and loving it so far. 1 thing bothers me though. How is Northstar's husband allowed on the island?? Thought it was mutants only and as far as I knew he was human.

They made exceptions for Northstar's husband and Jubilee's adopted son. IIRC the rule is that humans can come to Krakoa as long as they are chaperoned by mutants.
MarvelLegendsMan
Runs Around in Tights

Fri May 28, 2021 2:09 am

Does anyone know where one can find a spoiler-free reading order for Hickman X-Men post PoX/HoX?
Samael13
is way smarter than you

Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:04 pm

I think these two more or less covers everything through X of Swords? They also have the Empyre and King in Black events, which include the X-Men books a little, so you might end up wanting those, as well.
https://marvelguides.com/dawn-of-x-reading-order
https://marvelguides.com/x-of-swords-reading-order
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:17 pm

Just read Planet-Size X-Men that they made such a big deal about...
Spoiler! :
So just a few months ago we suddenly had millions more mutants on Earth due to Arrako. This just seems like someone said "We have no [email protected]#$ idea what to do with all these." and another person just said "Toss them on another planet so we can forget about them." "Brilliant!" says another person. [email protected]#$ stupid IMO.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:22 pm

I was pretty blown away by Planet-Size X-Men. It was one of my favorite issues of the year, at least. But I am a sucker for new powerful mutants, Magneto doing cool shit, and Hickman-inspired ideas.

I'm still reading Cable, Hellions, Marauders, New Mutants, SWORD, Way of X, X-Corp, X-Factor, X-Force, and X-Men.

I dropped Children of the Atom, so it joins Fallen Angels, Excalibur, and Wolverine on the shortlist of current X books that didn't make the cut.

I'm meh about Marauders, New Mutants, and X-Corp right now, so I'm playing those titles by ear.
CTVampSlayer
X-23 gots a boyfriend

Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:24 pm

TheSameIdiot wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:22 pm
I was pretty blown away by Planet-Size X-Men. It was one of my favorite issues of the year, at least. But I am a sucker for new powerful mutants, Magneto doing cool shit, and Hickman-inspired ideas.

I'm still reading Cable, Hellions, Marauders, New Mutants, SWORD, Way of X, X-Corp, X-Factor, X-Force, and X-Men.

I dropped Children of the Atom, so it joins Fallen Angels, Excalibur, and Wolverine on the shortlist of current X books that didn't make the cut.

I'm meh about Marauders, New Mutants, and X-Corp right now, so I'm playing those titles by ear.

Agreed, Planet Size was cool af to me. I love seeing the mutants finally get to flex instead of constantly being on the verge of extinction. The whole Krakoa era has been such a great time so far, definitely going to end up in my top 3 X-Men runs when all is said and done. I dropped Children of the Atom, Wolverine, and Cable, but am still reading the rest. Excalibur is still pretty bad but I still want to know what's happening to those characters.

Return to “The Short Box - Comic Books”