NBA Discussion

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NBA Discussion

Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:29 pm

Yeah I see a lot of positives on the Boston side. The only reason I ain't calling it just yet is because GS has been here and they can light it up at any second.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:31 pm

On a different note, I'm kind of surprised and a little worried as a Boston fan that the ratings were so bad for game 1.

Worried because I've always viewed the Celtic's as a big market team with small market team capabilities. They're essentially no better at landing that free agent than the timberwolves.

I came to grips with my team not being LA, Miami, or any one of those teams in Texas. Or having Durant or Lebron. But these ratings prove this team isn't a ratings draw. And that's a problem for a "big market" team.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:42 pm

Jeez I'm so sick of these give ups by one team from game to game. It's really a bad look for the NBA, like they're straight out telling everyone it's going 7 games, don't bother watching the previous 6 games.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:02 pm

Spacing is the key. When the C's space the floor the warriors defense can't defend them, the passing lanes open up and they aren't forced into turnovers.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:00 am

Boston blew that game, but I don't think it matters. It took a superhuman effort from Curry to keep them in that game. I just can't see Golden State maintaining that level of play over two of the next three games.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:15 pm

Yeah Boston needs an actual point guard that gets it's best players the ball at the end of the game.

And one of those best players needs to stop playing like a b____!

That being Tatum, it's nice that he understands that he has to get others involved and that he can still impact the game in other ways when his shot isn't falling. But the next step in his development is when to identify when he needs to get his, he needs to be a killer and demand the ball.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:18 pm

Also, I thought their spacing deteriorated towards the end there. GS can not defend this team in the half court if they're spread out.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:18 am

So I'm thinking the Celtic's are done. If they were tied now with Klay Thompson not finding his groove I'd say the C's still have a chance. But they let him get going and we couldn't defend curry at all and now throw Thompson into the mix... Would not be surprised if the Celtics get blown out in the next 2 games.
TheSameIdiot

Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:51 am

The Celtics got no scoring from anyone outside of Tatum, Brown, and Smart tonight. Their offense is truly putrid. I know they've been inconsistent all season, but it isn't like Golden State is a defense stalwart anymore. I still think Boston wins game six, but I'm feeling a lot less confident about game seven.

Credit to Andrew Wiggins, though. Didn't know the dude was capable.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:42 pm

They need a real PG. And honestly all their offensive issues started when Derrick White had that solid game filling in for Smart that game he was out against Miami.

After that smart has played like crap, selfish at times and unwilling to hit open guys or more likely to pass it to a guy who's covered.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:47 pm

Oh and yes Wiggins should/could win the MVP imo but he won't.

It's funny before the series started, out of curiosity I wondered how brown and Tatum did against Wiggins in the past and looked up the stats.... It wasn't good.

I thought they would figure it out but Wiggins length and speed is something difficult to overcome.
TheSameIdiot

Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:02 pm

As inconsistent as the role guys are, Boston may need Tatum and Brown to put on their best 2016 LeBron/Kyrie impersonation.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:38 pm

That's about all they can do at this point. If Tatum and brown don't have 30 shots a piece and they lose they have no one else to blame.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:51 pm

I'm curious to see what happens in Game 6. Curry had an 0-fer from three point range in Game 5 so it seems like he may be due for a big shooting game. That being said, maybe it benefits the Celtics to let Curry get his a little more and to shut down the other guys. They lost by double digits holding Curry to a post-season low, maybe they worry less about that and more about Wiggins?

I think the next game or games could be fascinating. There is a narrative out there that Curry has never won a Finals MVP award - despite this being his 6th trip to the finals now. Does he try to be superhuman so he can claim that trophy - even if it's to the detriment of the team's performance? Or does Steph recognize what's best for the team and let that happen, even if it gives writers an excuse to give the MVP to one of his teammates?

Game 6 should be interesting. The Celtics will be desperate, they'll have the home crowd and maybe GS lays an egg on the road figuring they can win it a home the same way they did in Game 5 against Memphis. On the other hand, the Warriors are champs - they know there's no guarantees in a Game 7 and smell blood in the water?

Obviously as a Warriors fan I'm hoping they step on the Celtics' necks and take the title outright tomorrow night. Anything can happen in Game 7 - and Boston just won a Game 7 on the road in their previous series - so I think Golden State has to try and strike while the iron is hot. But I don't expect the Celtics to fold. I'm eager for the next one
TheSameIdiot

Thu Jun 16, 2022 4:22 am

I think Curry is going to win Finals MVP if Golden State wins.

I actually like Boston's defensive strategy. Load up on Curry and let the other guys beat you. Can they load up on Curry and still make life more difficult for Wiggins? That's the sweet spot for me. Obviously Klay still puts the fear of god in you, but pick your poison. Are the other guys mature/reliable enough to generate enough points to win?

Honestly, though, Boston's issue has been offensive. They can't afford another half-quarter slump.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”