NBA Discussion

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: NBA Discussion

Thu May 12, 2022 1:42 pm

I don't, they're getting what they deserve. Someone needs to tell they're vaunted defense that defensive rebounding is part of playing defense. And some of their turnovers are just stupid.

The worst part is all those issues and they've been right there.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Thu May 12, 2022 6:34 pm

I really liked Boston going in. I thought they were the second-best team in the league.

I'm re-evaluating Milwaukee now. I either underestimated Giannis or their title wasn't as hollow as I thought. They're doing this without Middleton, who is legitimately underrated and crucial to how they close games.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 14, 2022 2:18 am

Giannis is the equivalent of Shaq. His physicality is just something a team can't defend.

Middleton just changes the way they can close games, he's a guy they can give the ball to late in games to shoot free throws as opposed to giannis. I don't feel he's quite the type of pippen to Jordan kind of player. Obviously their 2nd best player but I don't think teams go in saying "we gotta deal with giannis and Middleton" the way teams had to worry about pippen and Jordan.

Boston would be a better team if they would just play the game and not the refs.
TheSameIdiot

Sat May 14, 2022 7:37 am

LeBron is one of my favorite athletes ever, but it feels like the bitching about calls instead of running back on defense era started with him. The old Chris Paul/Blake Griffin Clippers and the likes of Luka have perfected it. It's not great to watch.

Two game sevens on Sunday; should be fun. I'm leaning Bucks and Suns.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sat May 14, 2022 9:11 pm

All I know is I don't want to see a rematch of last yrs finals.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun May 15, 2022 11:35 pm

I can't wait till this season's over with my heart can't take this crap.

I hated the way the C's started this game 7 with the bucks. It was the same as every loss in this series - shooting early in the shot clock, if this game was in Milwaukee this likely would've been a loss. But they persevered and the bucks just played bad in the 2nd half... I'll take it.

The heat pose a huge problem, they have a knack for beating the Celtic's. The difference between the bucks n heat, the heat have a lot more answers on both ends. I think the heat will win this in 6 but the C's have defied my thought of them so far so who knows. The Heat just scare me.
TheSameIdiot

Mon May 16, 2022 5:17 am

Boston in 6
GSW in 7
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Mon May 16, 2022 1:32 pm

I think we might have to start taking the Mavs a little more seriously.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Tue May 17, 2022 1:58 am

Heat in 7
GS in 7

I'm worried about picking GS because of their turnovers. Recent playoff games were just so sloppy because of it, especially against Memphis. Mavs could really make it to the finals after beating the Suns, even if Vegas does not think so.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Fri May 20, 2022 2:41 am

Holy crap another NBA fan!!!

I think if GS is hitting 3's or getting 3 solid scoring options they can overcome their turnovers.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"

Sat May 21, 2022 9:12 pm

Yes - getting back into the NBA a little bit. Looking more like the Warriors in 5/6 now.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun May 22, 2022 1:20 am

I'm not writing off the Mavs just yet. I definitely think Doncic is one of those guys that could put a team on his back, they win the next 2 games and this series will look a lot different. Mavs can play D so they got that going for em too.

Anyway, getting ready for Miami/ Boston game 3 and the nerves won't calm down. Boston wins this game and I'll relax a little. It'll be disappointing if they lose just because Lowry is back, Lowry is hurting and has been for a while now... Really just want to see Boston step on these clowns. :D
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun May 22, 2022 2:06 am

Celtics with half-hearted shot attempts specifically at the basket and really bad turnovers....

Looks like an easy win for the heat.
100ptsofarticulation
Glass Half Empty

Sun May 22, 2022 2:18 am

Celtics playing like they've never seen a basketball game before. The Heat however look like they were born on a basketball court.

Game over.
TheSameIdiot

Sun May 22, 2022 5:20 am

Bad loss for Boston, but I think the series would've been over in five if Miami had blown that.

The Celtics have to clean up the turnovers. That said, Miami was also getting away with swiping at the ball and tripping Boston players as they entered the paint. That shit has to get called in game four.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”