Forum Guidelines, Comments, & Announcements

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Forum Guidelines, Comments, & Announcements

Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:15 pm

1. No personal attacks of any kind - treat all members and guests with respect.

2. PG-13 - we're a toy site, and we have kid members.

3. No leaked pictures - discussion of items you've seen elsewhere is fine, but we have several members and regular guests from various toy companies and respect their intellectual property. Links to pics and info is totally allowed. Just don't post the pics here.

4. No spam, including but not limited to - advertisements of toy-related stores, customs commissions, fodder and/or trade sites, post count bumps, thread bumps, duplicate posts in a thread, and duplicate posts across boards.

5. Reasonable sizes for avatars - we have guidelines of 100x150 for avatars. Signatures are turned off.

6. thefwoosh.com reserves the right to remove any content (posts, images, avatars, signatures, and anything else you might be able to put up) at our sole discretion.

7. No trade posts will be allowed outside the Trading Post. We have rules for that forum that are in place to add a little protection when trading. Trades initiated outside of the Trading Post that turn sour will not be investigated by members of the Fwoosh staff.

8. Guest posting has been shut off in all forums except Technical Difficulties, so if you are having a problem logging in that is the place to go.
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Forum Guidelines, Comments, & Announcements

Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Announcement:

2020 sucks, so we're taking the forums back to 2015.

Actually, a table became unstable, which caused the random forum outage over the past few months. I'd repair it, we'd limp along for a few weeks. It finally became a last straw situation with the Target G.I. Joe rage and new Marvel Legends announcements, it just couldn't handle the strain and said, no more. On this day, I shall operate no more. NO MORE! Unfortunately that table had all the posts from the past five years. It was a gradual thing, so even back-ups have that glitchiness.

But, it's probably no secret that I'm a packrat in real life, and that carries over to online too, so I had another version of the forum tucked away. Some swapping took place and I was able to keep everything fairly current (users, structure, forums) except the posts. Upside, even some of the background things that were being problematic work again, can't complain about that. Well, I can't.

So think of it as a new start. Split things up. It's a new forum. Fill it up again.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”