Pro-Wrestling Discussion

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
Doom
Runs Around in Kamandi's Shorts
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Pro-Wrestling Discussion

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:36 am

So, um...sup guys?

Can't wait for Smackdown next week here in Seattle! Wife got me front-row, ring-side tix for it for Christmas. Gonna be great! Look for the two folks in uniform!

Does anyone know who does Drew McIntyre's new intro music? Kinda sounds like Metallica. F-ing HATE McIntyre but he probably has the best intro in the WWE now.... go figure.
Kirk
kneels before him

Re: Pro-Wrestling Discussion

Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:20 am

Why was batista wearing his little brothers jacket monday night ?
bigraj
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:51 am

:lol: It did look a little snug. I'm really loving the new heel Kanye Batista. Frickin' awesome, and it's about time they do something different with him. I haven't enjoyed watching him this much since his babyface turn on Evolution. His mannerisms and facials are priceless. Cena looked ready to cry after Batista finished his promo. Solid stuff from both guys. I'm enjoying the quality heel work right now in WWE: Batista, Jericho, Punk, Orton (even though he's on the babyface train), even Miz. Wrestlemania is shaping up pretty good, although the "car accident" bit has derailed the Bret/Vince angle. Taker/HBK, Jericho/Edge, Cena/Batista are pretty good-great main events, and HHH/Sheamus should lead a solid undercard. Gonna have to get a seat at Hooters early for this year's event.
Kirk
kneels before him

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:48 am

Yeh, batista acting cocky is priceless , seems like hes made for it . i cant help but like cena , all the work he does for charities like make a wish foundation , i heard or read he is the most sought after star and has filled every make a wish request .
Orlock182
The man, the fan-fic, the action figure

Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:57 pm

I'm still ticked off I wasn't able to afford tickets to the last smackdown that came here a couple of months ago, the way things are going I may have missed my last chance to see The Undertaker. I've seen all the other guys I cared about growing up from Flair all the way to The Ultimate warrior but Taker continues to allude me.. Hopefully I can see him at a fan signing after he retires.

Speaking of the Undertaker/HBK thing going into Wrestlemania.. I hope to god they allow him to retire with his streak intact.

On another note I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the new Monday Night wars doesnt fall flat on it's face. I want to see WWE pushed to return to the kind of quality it had from 1996 until WCW folded.
Kirk
kneels before him

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:16 pm

Orlock182 wrote: I want to see WWE pushed to return to the kind of quality it had from 1996 until WCW folded.
I doubt vince can come up with another homerun like Austin to distance himself from competition but on the other hand competition doesnt look to hard to stay on top of this go around .
Doom
Runs Around in Kamandi's Shorts

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:39 am

NXT/Smackdown in Seattle was a blast tonight! Had front row tickets thanks to my wife. We were the couple in our Army uniform on the lower left-hand side of the screen.
Was such a fun experience. After we got home, we watched NXT on the DVR and it seemed almost like a totally different show. Somehow they mute the crowd because almost the whole show the crowd was LOUD! There was TONS of Daniel Bryan shouts (I guess he is local and also well-known from Ring of Honor) and there was a LOUD chant of "Sideshow Bob" aimed at Carlito. Totally amazed how they could edit an entire arena;s noise out like that.
Kirk
kneels before him

Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

sideshow bob ROFL!!!
bigraj
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:33 pm

Monday Night Disagreement thoughts:

Flipped back and forth between Raw and Impact on Monday, being more interested in Raw. Another bad show from TNA, while Raw was much better than last week. The Bret/Vince stuff played out like I figured and it was good, although it was predictable. Jericho/HBK was good, of course. Orton/HHH was another boring effort from those two. They just don't seem to click when working with each other. Crappy divas match. Great promo from Sheamus, and not to mean it was great for him, but a great promo, period. Austin was great opening the show, although I didn't realize Corona came in cans. Maybe it's an arena thing. He looked to be in great shape. I wish his neck would miraculously heal, so he could give us more great matches, but he looked happy and healthy, and that's more important than entertaining me. The silent interaction with Cena was good. The build to Wrestlemania continues to be strong, even with the lack of quality wrestling. The HoF class is good this year, but not as strong as the last few years.

Not much on Impact that made me want to stay with Spike TV for very long. Flair bleeding during a promo (WTF?!?) . . . 65 yr old Jimmy Hart in the ring teaming with the Nasty Boys vs the Dudleys (Knobs is gonna have a stroke) . . . Scott Hall vs Kevin Nash 12 years too late to be interesting . . . And after seeing the Flair blood fest, lets have Kurt Angle give us another gusher, just to cheapen the appearance of blood even more . . . the Foley/Bischoff feud (ugh). . . More Abyss pointing out the $*@#ing WWE HoF ring (keep reminding your fans that you're 2nd rate) . . . Crappy Knockouts match (did Tenay really say the quickest way to the ring was to cut through the crowd, as opposed to going down the ramp with no one in your way?) . . . Beer Money (who I love) in yet another handicapped match . . . Hey, there's Hogan in the ring . . . and he's waiting for Sting . . . to walk down from the rafters, while Jericho is wrestling against Shawn Michaels on Raw (click) . . . Shannon Moore looking like Jesse Neal, giving us another Create-A-Wrestler looking geek . . . Keep giving me the close up of Flair laying on the gimmicked broken stage, just so we can see how cheaply made it is? Nice. Watched the Hardy/AJ match during last night's replay and it was decent. With Hardy's court date this week, I understand not saving it for PPV. Could've done more to advertise the match during the week, and during the show.

I guess TNA could be worse: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM-q_0ZFZng
Kirk
kneels before him

Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:07 pm

Raj , i always loved your post game wrap ups :lol:
bigraj
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm

I really like the rasslin', and when it's bad it makes for good rants.
Kirk
kneels before him

Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:31 pm

I watched 10 minutes of TNA last nite..........good luck with that hogan.

The cena vs batista work last nite started out good but ended kinda crappy , pete rose getting jumped in his dressing room was funny , probably because of the memories it brought back . one thing that was great was when HHH tagged in orton(i cant stand him) last nite i got a rush of adrenaline watching him clear the ring , but then snow white booted that noggin and ruined it , coulda had orton rip it up a lil more . bret hart sucks on the mic , i was actually feeling sorry for him on all the stuttering and slurring he was doing, after all these years seems he would have some good mic skills , i do like him in the ring and always will .

I wish Austin would guest host EVERY weekend :(
bigraj
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:08 am

Monday Night Mild Argument thoughts:

I decided to start with the channel on SpikeTV and see . . . Eric Bischoff playing guitar?!? WTF!!! *click* . . . Good Shawn Micheals promo *click* . . . Easy E is still in the f'ing ring and making a match between Double J and Mick Foley. Ugh. *click* . . . Miz vs Morrison. With the tag title match at WM a week away, I expect a screwy finish. *click* . . . 8-Woman Knockout Match. And it's much better than last week's women's matches. *click* . . . commercials *click* . . . Recap Destination X (horrible show, including misleading hype by Dixie before the event) and a Hogan/Abyss promo (I miss the old crazy murdering heel Abyss. I hate the Hogan-wannabe wearing the WWE HoF ring.) *click* . . . Kofi/Koslov for the 10th spot in MitB. Should be an easy win for Kingston, plus it's Koslov so there's no incentive to watch. *click* . . . "Big" Rob Terry vs "BIG" Tomko (kill me now) *click* . . . HHH/Orton vs Legacy/Sheamus. Decent match, and holy f#%k that crowd is eating up everything Orton does. *click* . . . Foley/Jarrett (Hell no) *click* . . . Bret promo. Decent stuff, although unnecessary after last week's contract signing. Despite the expected slurring (damn you, stroke!) he only flubbed one line. HBK/Kane was . . . a Kane match. *click* . . . Morgan vs "Super Mex" and we have a "real" injury here folks. He's hurt alright, the announcers are using their serious voice, and there's Homicide. Ooooohhhh, Hogan said to call his wife. IT'S REAL, DAMMIT!!!! *click* . . . 6-Divas tag match (for f#%k's sake, shoot me!!!) . . . Main Event time: Batista/Cena promo or Beer Money vs RVD/Hardy? Big Dave and Cena have done really good work to hype their match, but I'm going with the wrestling match here. Really good TV main event, with a great finish. ***1/2.

More solid WM build in the "go home" Raw. Impact wins the wrestling portion, with 2 good matches compared to Raw's one. Raw wins the night overall for a solid build to a PPV, as opposed to trying to hype up next week's free TV show. And for not using "insider" terms that Russo and Bischoff are in love with. Wait, that wasn't on the format sheet, was it? And where the eff is Samoa Joe? He was kidnapped on a live broadcast weeks ago. Isn't anyone looking for him? Anyone contact the authorities?
Kirk
kneels before him

Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Damn ! i didnt know he had a stroke.................how long ago was that ?
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:42 pm

bigraj, your last few reads here are classic! Very fun to read. I can actually picture it all going on.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”

Recent Topics