Pro-Wrestling Discussion

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Pro-Wrestling Discussion

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:56 am

WWE is a complete joke.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:39 am

jimbles wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:51 am
TFitz wrote:
Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:44 pm
Bray Wyatt was released by WWE. What the ever-loving [email protected]#$?!? If AEW gets him, along with D.B., & Punk, [email protected]#$ WWE. Go to AEW Strowman!
I can't even imagine what an unchained Bray Wyatt can do when given more opportunity to build a character. He will be a force that can elevate any promotion he ends up in.

For real, though... what the heck is happening at WWE?
If Bayley and AJ were to leave, I'd have almost zero reason to watch WWE anymore.
KnightDamien

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:46 pm

TFitz wrote: If Bayley and AJ were to leave, I'd have almost zero reason to watch WWE anymore.
'A reason to watch WWE' is something I struggle with a lot. They still have plenty of people I adore (Seth Rollins, Edge, Bayley, Becky Lynch, AJ, Sasha Banks, Drew McIntyre, Tyler Bate, Io Shirai, Dolph Ziggler, Adam Cole, Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Finn Balor, Mustafa Ali, Candice LeRae -- I could actually probably rattle off another ten or twenty names.
And that's not even including the performers that I think are excellent but I just have no strong attachment to. People like Pete Dunne. Guys that I'm not a 'fan' of, but I am more than happy to watch in matches against the people I -am- a fan of because I know it'll be a great match.

But here's the problem: WWE is a mess. Some of their best talent is completely underutilized - sometimes barely even being on TV. Sometimes they're in idiotic storylines that make no sense. Even if the story is good, it will be dropped 90% of the time without ever having a conclusion. Excellent, popular wrestlers are fed to whoever the current 'name' is to keep that person looking strong. The 50/50 booking makes everyone look equally weak. Nothing makes any sense. And no matter how many wrestlers they have that I genuinely love to watch... do I really want to tune in every week to watch them lose matches or get bounced around in a dozen idiotic storylines every year with barely any resolution?
From booking, to actually growing characters and storylines out naturally, to making it feel like actual competition with rankings and sensible rules about when you can and cannot have title shots, AEW is absolutely destroying WWE right now and showing just how pathetic the product they're putting out really is. In my opinion.

The current Baron Corbin storyline is [email protected]#$ amazing and hilarious and I actually love it, by the way.
hurricanebtvs
Wannabe Mod FAIL!

Sun Aug 08, 2021 10:33 pm

I haven't watched pretty much any wrestling since WrestleMania. My interest hasn't been this low since 2007. The writing in WWE is non-existant, and with them releasing people left and right, I find no reason to put interest in when people are expendable.
I want to get into AEW, It's just not grabbed me.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:36 pm

Sooooo... Rampage tonight, huh? You guys watching?
KnightDamien

Fri Aug 20, 2021 10:56 pm

jimbles wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:36 pm
Sooooo... Rampage tonight, huh? You guys watching?
Feel like I have to.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:28 am

No cable, but I am glad the weeks of speculation about IF he was going to really show up can end.

It got to the point where it was approaching the "CM Punk return imminent" meme levels.
hurricanebtvs
Wannabe Mod FAIL!

Sat Aug 21, 2021 10:00 am

Yeah, I had to watch that. And I'm so glad I did. One of the best moments in a long time. Reminded me of why I was a fan. WWE have killed my enjoyment, but that rekindled emotions in me.
KnightDamien

Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:48 pm

hurricanebtvs wrote: Yeah, I had to watch that. And I'm so glad I did. One of the best moments in a long time. Reminded me of why I was a fan. WWE have killed my enjoyment, but that rekindled emotions in me.
WWE are still occasionally letting guys do cool things. The Brood throwback for Edge on Smackdown really got my nostalgia fired up. And Roman is doing great things as The Head of the Table.
But really nothing in recent wrestling history compares to Punk's return. Absolutely amazing. He was almost crying. Fans were crying. I don't think I've ever heard an AEW show that -loud- before, either. So exciting and moving.
hurricanebtvs
Wannabe Mod FAIL!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:19 am

Roman is funnily enough one of if not the best thing they have going at the moment.
KnightDamien

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:46 am

hurricanebtvs wrote: Roman is funnily enough one of if not the best thing they have going at the moment.
And really, isn't that just an indictment against the entire company. And I don't say that as hate on Roman. But WWE has some incredibly talented guys that they either don't have any idea how to use, or just don't want to for whatever reason. It's nuts. Roman is doing so well -- but Roman v. Cena should be, with the roster they have, a mid-card match by comparison to what WWE could be doing.
Not to mention that Roman only got -good- when WWE finally did what fans have been screaming about for YEARS and turned him heel, took the stupid vest off, and dumped the Shield music. Fans know what they want, but man does WWE just resist so much harder the more fans tell them what they'd like to see.

All that being said -- This Roman is exactly -why- fans were demanding it. He's a natural heel. He might as well be a completely different guy from the NuCena Superman character. And it's honestly tremendously entertaining. I do wish they weren't wasting him on [email protected]#$ John Cena - but at least if Cena loses it'll put another terrific feather in Roman's hat and make the heel 'I'm unbeatable' shtick all the better.

Becky is back at SummerSlam, which is awesome. Seems like the rumour about Sasha having Covid may be true. Although there's another rumor that she's pregnant. I guess it's good that Bliss beat Eva, but I honestly still don't understand why, during all these mass firings, WWE would bring back one of the worst people to ever come through the company. It's baffling and kind of infuriating.
But really, the only matches on this card I could give a single [email protected]#$ about are, Rollins/Edge and, so weird to say.. Roman/Cena.
To be fair in saying that.. I'm STOKED that Lynch took the strap back because I'm a huge fan of hers. But I don't count that as something I was excited about because it wasn't an announced match with any build or anticipation. And I also don't particularly care about Bianca or understand why WWE is so high on her. But I'll take Becky as champ all [email protected]#$' day long.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:04 pm

Roman is Dwayne, if WWF doubled down on the babyface Rocky Maivia character and didn't let him change. They flat out drained away prime years of his life as a failed product. What Roman is just now starting to experience in his mid 30s, Dwayne was pushing through in his early 20s with his role in Nation of Domination. It's shameful, but at least he's being paid well.
Bip
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:35 pm

I know that Lesnar and Lynch coming back is a big deal but because of their horrible booking the WWE are not doing themselves any favors. AEW has so much momentum right now that it's not funny. With the rumors of Bryan Danielson and Bray Wyatt signing with them too, one has to wonder what the hell is Vince doing? AEW are signing older stars to not only grow their product but to help put over their younger talent to make them into stars. The WWE is bringing back older stars to a stale product and burying their younger talent.

On a side note the fans singing Judas while Jericho had no theme music and Punk's debut and promo literally gave me goosebumps.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Bip wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:35 pm
On a side note the fans singing Judas while Jericho had no theme music
That would have been an organic thing on it's own, but the company jumped the shark by asking the fans to sing it for him on Twitter, even posting the lyrics for it.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:10 am

A few thoughts from me.

The super-loud, long lasting pop for Punk was insanely cool.

Roman has owned his new persona. Absolutely love that he's books as a solid heel that beats everyone without cheating. Strong, strong heel.

Frikken' loved the return of Becky. At first I was wondering why she took the Smackdown title as RAW is the "main" program. Then I realized how much better Smackdown has been over RAW for quite some time, and I'm happy she's there.

Lesner looked jacked, even if his hair looks stupid as [email protected]#$. Still hate the guy. I can see Heyman turning on Roman, but Roman better not drop the title to Lesner.

Hoping Styles/Omos split and AJ goes good guy for a last title run before he retires in a couple years. But I think they will keep them together longer to try to hide Omos's shortcomings.

Get Bayley on commentary, dammit! I seriously miss her!

Return to “The Bar With No Name”