The Fwooshers' OFFICIAL Art Thread LIVES!!! (with NEW stuff)

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
BaldMonk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Fwooshers' OFFICIAL Art Thread LIVES!!! (with NEW st

Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:39 am

Well, I think if it takes talent, then it qualifies as art... And that is some damn good talent right there :D
MutantFormerly KnownAsJoe
Will find his toys...after you do

Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 am

Some pics of the mask for my Casey costume. Just about done, I've only got a bit of weathering to do still :)
And a (sort of washed out) shot of the weathering I'm doing on the outfit. All in all, coming together to my liking! Comic Con is November 1st and 2nd, so I should be in good shape. The only thing I have left to do and it's sort of optional, are his skates...which he hasn't actually had on his person in thel ast few episodes since they've been at the farm house, so technically I could save myself some trouble and just spend the next week refinding the crap outta what I've got so far :p

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:41 am

Some updates on casey! This is the big weekend for Comic Con, and Halloween, so I'm putting finishing touches on tonight and tomorrow. Here's so me pics of the test fitting with the helmet, as as the pants and knee pads. Also, I fabricated his cup/guard that he wears over his pants, and finally color matched the lacrosse glove that I'm using for my blocker. Final stretch now!

gunmetalgrey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:48 am

I'm putting together a Doom costume right now, trying to make everything from scratch. I've only got the mask done so far, I'm hoping to finish the rest by Christmas.

Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:16 am

Nice Doom mask, man! Is it made from EVA foam?

For those who have been following my progress in this thread, here's a pic of my finished Nick Turtles Casey Jones costume from RI Comic Con today! It was a HUGE hit! The kids loved it, so I consider that a major success :)
gunmetalgrey
Avengers Assemble

Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:57 pm

Not sure if that's what it is, but it sounds about right. I bought it from a shoe repair shop and I know EVA is very commonly used in shoes for cushioning. It was super cheap too, the thickest piece I got (5mm) was just under $4.00 for a 4' x 8' cut.
gunmetalgrey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:54 am

Working on Doom's gun now. He's been shown to carry either a P08 or a C96. I went with the Mauser.

It's made from the same material I used for the mask. I'm gonna add a little more detail then I'll be painting it next week.

Kryptokicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:35 pm

Rose McGowan as Red Sonja commission I did.
Caprin
Fwoosh's #1 Rachael Ray fan

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:54 pm

MutantFormerly KnownAsJoe wrote:For those who have been following my progress in this thread, here's a pic of my finished Nick Turtles Casey Jones costume from RI Comic Con today! It was a HUGE hit! The kids loved it, so I consider that a major success :)

It probably doesn't need to be said at this point, but that is a phenomenal cosplay. It's realistic enough that it works with real human anatomy and clothing physics but without straying too from the stylized source. All around great job.

Oh hey, were you working on a UDON Taskmaster mask before? It seems like someone was but I can't remember who. :oops:
BaldMonk wrote:Well, I think if it takes talent, then it qualifies as art... And that is some damn good talent right there :D
I'm glad you like it! :D This is the first one I did for myself. I've refined my pattern a bit since then, but hey, it still keeps my 3DS XL safe!

Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:13 am

Caprin wrote:
MutantFormerly KnownAsJoe wrote:For those who have been following my progress in this thread, here's a pic of my finished Nick Turtles Casey Jones costume from RI Comic Con today! It was a HUGE hit! The kids loved it, so I consider that a major success :)

It probably doesn't need to be said at this point, but that is a phenomenal cosplay. It's realistic enough that it works with real human anatomy and clothing physics but without straying too from the stylized source. All around great job.

Oh hey, were you working on a UDON Taskmaster mask before? It seems like someone was but I can't remember who. :oops:
Thank you sir! And yup, the UDON Taskmaster is still in the works, all molded and such.Here's a pic of the sculpt-Image I'll probably be doing the first pull in the next couple weeks! I'm anxious to get back to work!
Kryptokicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:50 pm

Finished my first Mega Sized Acrylic painting. 35x40. This is the print I made from it.
Kryptokicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Image Then I broke into an abandoned mall to take pictures.
Kryptokicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:01 am

New watercolor painting. Ectocooler flavored. Image

Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:46 am

Slimer! AWesome!

Here's a prop I just finished up earlier this evening! It's a replica of Reverend Meeker's 'contingency plan' from the 1988 Remake of The Blob!
Andron X
I come from the land up over

Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:53 pm

MutantFormerly KnownAsJoe wrote:Nice Doom mask, man! Is it made from EVA foam?

For those who have been following my progress in this thread, here's a pic of my finished Nick Turtles Casey Jones costume from RI Comic Con today! It was a HUGE hit! The kids loved it, so I consider that a major success :)
That's so wicked dude! It's an original Casey Design, yeah? Still holds true to the feel of TMNT. Love it.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”