The Fwooshers' OFFICIAL Art Thread LIVES!!! (with NEW stuff)

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
Darth Board
The Fwoosh is NOT Strong with this One
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

The Fwooshers' OFFICIAL Art Thread LIVES!!! (with NEW stuff)

Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:56 pm

B-Boy, I think it was, asked recently why we don't have an art forum. Well, I doubt that will happen anytime soon but we haven't had one of these in a while and I always like to post new artwork for all my Fwoosh Pals (TM) to see so, let's start a new one. Here's a piece I just did that I had a lot of fun with:

Okay, so it's a little exaggerated there but what do you think?

(BTW, remember when Venom was cool? I mean, he's got all of Spidey's powers (only stronger) and Spidey can't detect him with his Spider Sense (TM) and he's only out for revenge and he can look like anybody (anybody big anyway). Another character whose potential was stripped from him but man, was he scary back when he first came out!)

So let's post some art, people! Get drawin'!
Joel
FIB

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:16 pm

Hey, that's great! I love the use of blacks on Venom. Nice stuff.

I'll go next:
Guy Gardner. Did this quite some time ago.

Pencilled, scanned in and colored in Photoshop.

I've got more art here: http://jomiha.atspace.com/artgallery.html
Darth Board

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:26 pm

Nice one, JMH! I especially like the coloring. You've got some cool stuff on your site as well.

Very cool!
kid-mech
WIPer Snapper

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:27 pm

WOW kool stuff guys 8)
sidious
Dark Lord of the Slurpee

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:36 pm

HOORAY for this thread!!!
awesome stuff darth and joel!
these is a few of my older drawings
Image Image Image Image Image Image
sidious
Dark Lord of the Slurpee

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:43 pm

hey joel- is that a wayne coyne portrait on your site? if so, its awesome!
33%B-Boy
12% Machine, 15% Poet, 50% Geek

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:56 pm

:shock: :D Are any of you guys professionals? Does anyone here draw full comics? Because if not, you could and should be! :D
Excellent, hope this thread lasts!
sidious
Dark Lord of the Slurpee

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:18 pm

33%B-Boy wrote::shock: :D Are any of you guys professionals? Does anyone here draw full comics? Because if not, you could and should be! :D
Excellent, hope this thread lasts!
WARNING : SHAMELESS SELF-PROMOTION
although im not a professinoal comic artist, i DID just illustrate my first book
www.pdxsupercrafty.com
it was a very fun and interesting process. at first i was told that i would need to draw these four local craft ladies throughout the book as super heros (which i thought was cool), but i ended up doing more book appropriate art instread, and the superheroine drawings got scrapped. the book is currently availible nationwide (barnes&noble, borders, etc), so if you see a copy, flip through it and know a fellow fwoosher drew it with love!
also, i design a few shirts for my friend's online t-shirt shop-
http://www.monsieurt.net/fallwinter.html
(i did the "encounter", and the "berzerk" shirts)

oh, and while im at it-support your indie artists!!! these gifts make excellent xmas presents!
lefthook
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:35 pm

those are nice guys!!

ive actually seen your surfer and thanos art when babact posted it in his collection sid! very nice!

ill post up my stick figures here if you dont mind :lol:

p.s

we should have a comic book about the fwoosh....

and while we're at it why not action figures!
Joel
FIB

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:39 pm

Whoa...awesome job on the ladies, Ryan- very Gene Ha vibe. And that's a compliment!
sidious wrote: Image
That's the bee's knees right there. I love that!

Oh, and thanks guys....and Ryan, yes, that is Wayne Coyne! Points to you. I'm a huge Flaming Lips fan- have been for a looong time.

33%- I've colored semi-professionally for a few years, came close to working with Chris Sotomayor (aka: SOTO) coloring for Marvel, but my PC at the time couldn't support the huge files. Grrr. Anyway, I haven't colored recently. I haven't done much any art recently, in fact. This is making me want to get into it again.
sidious
Dark Lord of the Slurpee

Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:56 pm

lordcable- yeah, its a big seller (the designer and owner of the shop is french himself, and loves stereotypes- be on the lookout for the "white trash survival kit" in the next line)

lefty-please lets see the stick figures!

joel- yeah, i like to keep my marvel art old school whenever possible. im a huge fan of hulk in undies (dont anyone take that the wrong way).
also, do you have the "fearless freaks" dvd? ive been meaning to buy it...
babact
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:30 pm

I'm looking forward to adding another piece of sidious art to my collection.

JoMiHa and Darth Board your stuff looks great, lets see some more.
Joel
FIB

Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:39 pm

sidious wrote:
joel- yeah, i like to keep my marvel art old school whenever possible. im a huge fan of hulk in undies (dont anyone take that the wrong way).
also, do you have the "fearless freaks" dvd? ive been meaning to buy it...
Heck yeah, bought the day it came out! It's pretty good, although I wish they had more of their live stuff..as in...any. Pretty insightful stuff though. Wayne Coyne is full blown insane, but in a good way.
sidious
Dark Lord of the Slurpee

Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:06 pm

babact wrote:I'm looking forward to adding another piece of sidious art to my collection.

JoMiHa and Darth Board your stuff looks great, lets see some more.
aaron i swear i havent forgot about you- ive actually done some prelim sketches, but ive been so busy with other art, it has been on the backburner. hopefully early 06- itll be good...
Darth Board

Wed Nov 23, 2005 1:07 am

I have done a fair amount of professional art jobs (I also worked--and work occassionally--as a T-Shirt artist and I have worked as a sign/vehicle graphic artist) but not professional comic art. Since you guys asked, here are a few older ones of mine that have been on the site before:

The thing I always liked about this piece was that I did it with no references, which is how I do a lot of my comic-style stuff but this one was more realistic (still exaggerrated a bit though); unfortunately, the page was wrinkled and that came through on the scan:

Here's a little political gag I did based on the original Ultimates series (hope it doesn't offend anyone; it's just political humor):

Here's another gag I did (not political this time) in honor of Pabs back around the time ML6 was out and ML8 seemed a long ways away:

And speaking of ML6, this one was done in honor of ML6 Wolverine (I was never quite happy with the pants on this one):

And finally, here's the very first picture I ever posted on the Fwoosh (and I was never quite happy with the feet on this one--feet are my biggest challenge); up, up and away!:

Well, I'm gonna have to draw some more now. BTW, since I haven't said it before, that's some really great stuff you've got there, sidious. Color me impressed! I especially like the one with Bossk and the Aquillish (yes, I am a SW geek so I know what an Aquillish is)!

And is Wolverine in Narnia in that one pic? :wink: Great stuff, one and all! Keep 'em coming!

Return to “The Bar With No Name”