Pro-Wrestling Discussion

What makes Fwoosh culture? Food, clothes, random thoughts, whatever - this is the place to talk about it.
franky4fingers
Supports Digits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Pro-Wrestling Discussion

Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:21 pm

Sidetrip wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 4:51 pm
Per WWE.com Strowman, Black, Murphy, Lana,Riott, and Santana Garrett released. This company makes no sense.
If you asked me to make a safe list from WWE releases, Bruan woulda been on it. Wonder if there's more to his release
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:37 pm

Just saw that on Yahoo and said No frikken' way that's true and immediately went to WWE.com.

Braun looks better than ever and was just in top title matches. The vignette's for Aleister Black have been awesome. And Murphy has loads of potential and is a great worker. Hell, Ruby never got a fair shot, but with her "look", and Vince, that never surprised me, nor does her release.

There's dozens of other wrestlers I'd let go before any of these for.

Lana likely wanted released so she could be with her hubby.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:17 am

Word directly from Black is that it's a budget thing, at least in regards to his release. I can't imagine that he was commanding an exorbitant amount of cash, but whatever. It's plausible. Braun, though... it doesn't line up quite as well. The guy has to be a merch mover, well into the upper ranks of the current active roster. Dumping him is really bizarre.

The rumor mill is starting up once again that WWE is trimming the fat to prepare for its sale to NBC or whoever else, and the "Vince is a control freak/will run WWE until he dies" counter argument is running strong to tamp it down.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:14 am

Braun just signed a huge new deal in 2019, where he was getting a reported 7 figures a year.

Nick Kahn is cutting a lot of people with $$$$ contracts that creative can't seem to find anything to do with.

Rumor was creative was told to hold off on doing anything else with Black after he showed up on Smackdown.

Braun is such a pro WWE guy that the only reason I can see him being cut is money related, as Kahn apparently comes from sports, where you constantly "trim the fat" on big contracts or people not being used. He likely has no clue who any of these people are.
TFitz
Master of Avatars

Tue Jun 08, 2021 1:14 am

RKBro is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I usually can't stand Randy's "acting", but the way he is playing off Riddle is hilarious! [email protected]#$ love it.

So WWE will separate them in a week or 2. Do a Hurt Locker Benjamin/Alexander W.T.F. to them.

Return to “The Bar With No Name”