Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Notifications
Clear all

Transformers G1 Reissues

NORM
(@normdapito)
2nd most posts
Topic starter  

So it doesn’t seem like they’re continuing with straight G1 reissues with G1 deco and packaging. It seems to have evolved into G1 releases with movie/anime deco in similar packaging with new art. Still Walmart exclusive.

I’ve gotten Hot Rod, Hound, Starscream, and Thundercracker so far. Up next are Skywarp and Shrapnel, which I have POed at Pulse/Walmart.

But also announced are Perceptor and Kickback. They haven’t gone up on Pulse or Walmart, to my awareness. They are up on TFSource for about $15-20 more for each. Anyone know why they aren’t up on Pulse or Walmart yet? Will they?

ReplyQuote
 NORM
(@normdapito)
2nd most posts
Topic starter  

Received Skywarp and Shrapnel from Walmart earlier this week, then again from Pulse yesterday, so I'll be returning those to Walmart. They both look slick, anime colors are dull but clean. POed Perceptor from Pulse yesterday as well. But I'm guessing he and Kickback (if that's still coming) will be the last in the movie packaging, as this format seems to be moving into the 40th anniversary line.

ReplyQuote
 NORM
(@normdapito)
2nd most posts
Topic starter  

Yesterday I received the 40th Anniversary Blaster (anime colors) reissue from Walmart out of no where. Figure looks great, but I'd have to look at it side by side with the original or G1 reissue to compare and contrast. Steeljaw is included, and his differences are more obvious, with no decals to show the cassette details. I kinda wish it was Ramhorn, since I didn't have him as a kid and already have Steeljaw. The eject button works well on this one, which wasn't the case for my original. The anniversary packaging is sharp, but looks different enough from the original packaging because of the anniversary graphics. Hoping Soundwave isn't too far behind.

ReplyQuote
captaincracker
(@captaincracker)

I finally picked up Hound since $10 was too good of a deal to pass up.  He was always one of my favorite vintage figures, so I got two of him.  I figured he can be displayed in each mode.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked him when I opened the box.  I thought the colors would be weird, but I really like how he looks.  I almost skipped him, but I got a Hot Rod too.  I still haven't opened him though.  I hope I end up liking the repaint just as much as Hound.

ReplyQuote
Share: