Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Notifications
Clear all

STAR WARS: Epic Heroes 4" Inch Figure Line

Super Camel
(@supercamel-1982)
Topic starter  

I just thought this line should have a thread.  What's everyone's thoughts on this line?  Are you buying or will you be buying anything from it?

As of right now I have all the basic and deluxe figures. As far as at retail, I have seen these in Wal-Mart's here in the US.  I'm honestly happy about this line.  One, it's a nice option to have out there for kids.  And 2, these figures go with all the previous 5 POA figures Hasbro made during the Sequel trilogy.  And I'm hoping, they have these Epic Heroes for movie lines when Mandolorian and Grogu and Rey: The New Jedi order come out in 2026.

Also, it sounds like there will be vehicles for the Epic Heroes line, which I'm excited to see.

ReplyQuote
(@nanigans)

I've got Luke, Vader, Ahsoka, Din and Grogu but they're all carded on my wall. I mostly like 'em for their cardback art.

I hope they make an R2 since along with the five mentioned above, I collect him in as many scales/lines as I can get.

The figures themselves look nice in-person with a good amount of sculpted detail, but pretty lacking on paint apps. Understandable at the $10 price point. 

ReplyQuote
adrienveidt
(@adrienveidt)

So why do the Marvel Epics get so many more POA than the SWs Epics with 5poa?  Is this simply rebranding the SW Retro line or an additional line?

ReplyQuote
Super Camel
(@supercamel-1982)
Topic starter  

@adrienveidt   I don't know what's up with that.  Epic heroes are definitely their own line, and they are continuing the Retro figures.  But I don't know why Marvel figures get more articulation in their kid friendly 3.75" line.

Perhaps it's because of how insanely expensive the Star Wars license is, and at that scale to meet that price point the extra articulation would cost too much.

But I have no idea.

ReplyQuote
Super Camel
(@supercamel-1982)
Topic starter  

While these show up in the toy aisle at Wal-Mart, be on the lookout for Epic Heroes in the Easter Display boxes that Wal-Mart puts out in the middle of aisles.  The cardboard set ups that have multiple little bins filled with toys to be Easter Basket stuffers like Hot Wheels, Blind Boxes, etc.

I heard about this, and then at my local Wal-Mart found all of the basic single figures in the Easter display.  So, I was finally able to get a couple Stormtroopers.

ReplyQuote
Share: