Your Home for Toy News and Action Figure Discussion!

Notifications
Clear all

McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse

Page 160 / 168

mysticmanjrf
(@mysticmanjrf)

Been randomly checking Best Buy and found an ‘open box’ Wonder Woman for less than $27 shipped. Bought it and expected the worst…ended up with a brand new figure. Box was covered in stickers and missing one piece of tape but I otherwise found no evidence it was actually opened.

Weird that I feel more relief than happiness but she really is a solid figure. Almost wish I had gotten another at that price to swap the rebirth skirt/boots. But it feels good to be a Plastic Man shipment away from an actual JLA.

ReplyQuote
(@magnusprimal)

Check your Walmarts. I got Owlman for $7 on clearance yesterday. 

ReplyQuote
tenzilkem
(@tenzilkem)

I stopped by a Target while near Pittsburgh and found these.

ReplyQuote
(@dhunter333)

I got every single thing at Target in the past 2 days.

ReplyQuote
Shinigami Customs
(@shinigami-customs)
Membrane

I wonder if that means the variants will be made in larger numbers, or that you were lucky. 

ReplyQuote
TheGrammatizator
(@grammat)

I'm starting to think the Platinums might be retail only, I mean NO ONE has found a regular from the JLA (apart from the Bats).

If that's not the case, at very least yeah these Plats are being made in much higher quantities.

ReplyQuote
(@magnusprimal)

Found Wally at Walmart yesterday. Much easier to acquire than I expected. 

ReplyQuote
(@anthonywayne)

Posted by: @dhunter333

I got every single thing at Target in the past 2 days.

Must be nice.

ReplyQuote
kryptonian
(@kryptonian)
Topic starter  

It looks like every Target or most in an area are being sent a shipment of those Platinums for the Plastic Man wave. I've been to more than a few Targets around here & still empty pegs. Actually only saw this...

ReplyQuote
joshsquash729
(@joshsquash729)
The Scarecrow Guy

I do hope that the Platinums start showing up in greater numbers, but something tells me it'll still be luck of the draw. In my neck of the woods, it's rare to find any new figure in high numbers, let alone platinum figures- there's just too many people. Even a few people I know who are unfamiliar with the line know that the platinum sticker means it's rarer or more desired, so they've started snapping them up just because. I can't remember the last platinum figure I found out here- it's only when I go halfway across the country back home, to a slightly less populated area, that I have any luck. Amazing, the difference a tiny sticker can make (yes, I know the figure itself is different too, but still). It's the same with Funko Pops- the exact same figure can be worth so much more because it has one Con sticker on it versus another. Crazy.

ReplyQuote
(@ditko)

I will check Target and likely grab The Page Punchers.  I always love those series.  Hope we see new52 Batman soon.  There isn't much Todd stuff for me these days, but what there is is potentially pretty cool.  I doubt I ever see AzBats.

ReplyQuote
(@schizm)

Is there a non-platinum version of TDKR Catwoman coming?

ReplyQuote
ninjak
(@ninjak)

Got the Plastic Man wave from MTS yesterday, then went to Target and found the variant red Superman and John Stewart GL.

So I was able to put together the 90’s Morrison JLA, with the Rebirth Flash standing in for the Wally West Flash.

ReplyQuote
ninjak
(@ninjak)

What's really cool is, you don’t need two complete sets of the Plastic Man wave to assemble 2 complete Plastic Man BAFs. You just need one full set of four and then an extra Superman for the torso and Green Lantern for the legs. Because Batman comes with both heads and the stretchy arms and Aquaman has the regular arms.

So you can get a stretchy Plas and a regular Plas from just six figures instead of eight. That way you don’t need to keep swapping out the head and arms and risk breaking something if you want to change looks.

[img] [/img]

ReplyQuote
(@dhunter333)

That’s really cool that if you get every figure you get 2 different Plastic Man figures. 

ReplyQuote
Page 160 / 168
Share: