Marvel Legends Series Wolverine 5-Pack

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
Capman
Amalgam version of "Bat America"
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Marvel Legends Series Wolverine 5-Pack

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:10 pm

There were several threads on this, so I figured they can all be merged/blended into one now that we know this is a 5-pack.

http://thefwoosh.com/2021/06/hasbro-mar ... ne-5-pack/

Wolverine - shirtless version with nipples (http://thefwoosh.com/2021/05/hasbro-mar ... -revealed/):

Callisto (http://thefwoosh.com/2021/05/fwoosh-fir ... ve-reveal/):

Mastermind/Jason Wyngarde (http://thefwoosh.com/2021/05/hasbro-mar ... astermind/):

Omega Red (http://thefwoosh.com/2021/06/hasbro-mar ... -revealed/):

Cyber (http://thefwoosh.com/2021/06/hasbro-mar ... -revealed/):

chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Wolverine/X-Men wave (possibly retro)

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:35 pm

Omega Red makes this seem like it absolutely is going to be a vintage carded wave but Mastermind seems like a really odd choice for that sort of wave considering he's almost guaranteed to be a pegwarmer without something like a BAF encouraging sales.
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:39 pm

So, do we think the previously shown Cannonball and Domino round out this wave, or do we think there are 1-2 more coming this week?
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:45 pm

This wave is a total pass from me right now. Always a bummer, but especially a bummer when it's an X-wave. Hopefully tomorrow's reveal is a show-stopper.

These figures just aren't from my preferred era. Glad for those who really wanted Cyber, Callisto, et al, though.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:49 pm

As much as I'm convinced it's a BAF wave.....Omega Red does give me pause. He would look great on a Retro card. But then Mastermind does not make sense on a Retro card. I mean there's so many other characters that are more deserving of a Retro card release. A re-release of Dark Phoenix, a redone Phoenix (ditch the heels and add a new head), 2-pack Cyclops with alternate heads would all be figures that SHOULD be on Retro cards.

If this is a Retro release and the goal was a complete 180 of the last Retro release then the next reveal will be another bad guy.
Left Field
Veteran Slugger

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:53 pm

Cyber has been on my last several top tens. Finally.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:54 pm

I'll probably get Callisto. And Omega Red I'll decide after I see how they handle his color transition between plastic types. I'm usually down for all forms of Wolverine, but for some reason, I'm not feeling this one as much. Maybe if I see it in store and like it. I do hope Canonball and Copycat are in here too so I can grab Canonball and not Copycat. I just do not like that outfit for her. So unless there's a really good BAF attached, I'm probably saving alot of moneys.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TFitz
Master of Avatars

Hagop wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:39 pm
So, do we think the previously shown Cannonball and Domino round out this wave, or do we think there are 1-2 more coming this week?
I'm thinking it's an "all-villains who have kicked Wolverines ass at some point" wave.
Photo Dave
Avengers Assemble

Excited for all but Omega Red (already have the original). I figured we'd see a Mastermind one day, but never thought Callisto or Cyber would show up. And I'm a huge Wolverine fan who's been waiting years for Legends to give us head sculpts like those. When the beat-up one gets a "clean" paint job, it'll be definitive for me.

And I'd think there's gotta be at least one more reveal. Here's hoping for another surprise I'm stoked about.

Have fun, all!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:06 pm

For Omega Red I think mixing the 2 would be somewhat useful. Could use the silver tentacles for the new one, or if you like the red boots they may match this new one, considering they're lighter then the hips and chest. Or put one of these heads on the old one. The red may be lighter but as long as it's just the headband it wouldn't look awful I don't think. The biggest reason I'm considering this new one is because the old one has the mismatches shading, and the new one has a new head and hands. So after I see a finished product review around when hes released I'll see what I think of him, and them maybe use both and try to mix them into a better version.

I can't stress enough how much the mismatched shading on the old one bugs me. I remember now why I put him away.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:14 pm

The Hasbro team has showed us bits and pieces of waves at a time before so I wouldn't be surprised if these figures end up in a couple different waves.
itsmejoee
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:26 pm

Are we sure this isn’t some “foes of wolverine” boxed set? Maybe for sdcc?
Blackagar Boltagon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:27 pm

If this is a wave, it's certainly an odd one. A retro carded wave does seem to make sense. Either way, Callisto and Mastermind/Wyndgarde are instant preorders for me. I'll pick up Omega Red eventually. I'm eager to see some Hellfire Club art on a retro card.
Hagop
Pietro's Running Mate

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:34 pm

I agree this does not scream "retro wave" to me. Are we only thinking that because there was a rumor of another retro wave? Because these are mostly B-characters you would sneak into a BaF wave with a gotta-have-it BaF. I would expect at least one more hero though, either way.

**don't get me wrong: I am all about B-characters. Just sayin'...they usually have at least one figure that's more of a headliner than shirtless Wolverine.
Preacherpool
CROM!

Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:37 pm

Still cautiously optimistic for Blob. It's such a custom fodder assortment that there has to be something impressive to tie it all together.

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”