X-Men Retro Legends

IT'S CLOBBERING TIME! Here is the unofficial Marvel toy board. C'mon in and talk ML, MU, Select, and all of the other Marvel toy lines.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

X-Men Retro Legends

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:37 am

Bringing this thread back from the dead.

degra
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: X-Men Retro Legends

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:49 am

Not interested in the gambit. The Caliban wave gambit was straight from animated and vintage toyline.

Rogue on the otherhand is pure animated series will be picking her up
Popoman
CROM?

Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:53 am

Like the hair on this Gambit wayyyyy better than the other one.

I'll be picking them both up, as I missed out on both of them the first time around.
BILLIUM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Location: Hasbro should upscale the new 80th Anniversary Captain America figure for an Ameridroid figure.

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:05 am

These look good. I may be swapping the ld gambit from the knees down onto this new one; I don't like the blue used on his boots.

As for Rogue, I like the glove holding hand and the colors. I might just swap the 2016 Rogue's head onto this new one's body. I kinda wanna turn the other into a 90s Avengers Sersi.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 am

I think the original Rogue from Juggernaut wave also had the swappable gloveless right hand, though it wasn’t in that odd Spider-Woman position like this one. I kinda wish this Rogue had the left hand swappable to complete a pair of flesh colored hands.

I look forward to owning these both loose and carded, but I don’t look forward to hunting for them. Target used to be easy, but thanks to Popfindr and the pandemic, it’s more difficult to find exclusives there, and not worth multiple trips a week.
GoldBlade6
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:14 am

BILLIUM wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:05 am
These look good. I may be swapping the ld gambit from the knees down onto this new one; I don't like the blue used on his boots.
Yeah, I like this Gambit much better except for the silver boots that don't match the collar. It should be all blue, or all silver. This isn't even what the Toy Biz version(s) were like. #hasbrodesignFAIL
Benn Roe
Customized

Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:22 am

The original version of that Rogue is the worst X-Men figure in the Infinite series so far (okay, okay, except for Cannonball), and the new version doesn't really address any of the old one's issues. It's still on that weirdly shaped sculpt, and somehow the head looks worse than the previous one. It's a bummer, since the Legacy Rogue that came out with Pyro recently is such an improvement all the way around. I think Gambit's new head is a little better than the last, but I'm not a big fan of the colour changes! Either way, they're X-Men, so I'll get 'em, but I'm more excited to see if any other X-Men get this treatment. I'm still holding out hope for door #3 on the Jim Lee Storm colours, and I'd love to see a slightly revised Colossus that brings his costume from the Juggernaut two-pack more in line with the Jim Lee era (additional shoulder pads, different knee-pads, etc.; minor, easy changes).
Calbretto
Have extra testicles, will travel

Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:20 am

Everyone can relax. Gambit has returned.

Oh and that Rogue everyone seemed to have missed out on.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:26 am

I honestly cannot decide if I want that Gambit or not. I -loved- the v2 Gambit from the 5" days, which is clearly what this is heavily inspired by. But I'm not sure that's a good enough reason to buy a second Gambit figure. What IS a bit annoying, I'll admit, is that, for the second time, we're getting a popular '90s X-Man re-issued with the head that everyone wanted.... in a color that doesn't match the original so you can't swap it.

Blue Beast still doesn't have a calm/smiling expression option, and now we're getting a far superior Gambit head that we can't use (without modification) with the existing Gambit. It's.. frustrating.
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:42 am

NORM wrote:
Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 am
I think the original Rogue from Juggernaut wave also had the swappable gloveless right hand, though it wasn’t in that odd Spider-Woman position like this one. I kinda wish this Rogue had the left hand swappable to complete a pair of flesh colored hands.

I look forward to owning these both loose and carded, but I don’t look forward to hunting for them. Target used to be easy, but thanks to Popfindr and the pandemic, it’s more difficult to find exclusives there, and not worth multiple trips a week.
she came with a bare hand, but not a hand holding the glove she took off

I can't wait for both. i think they both look amazing
spideyboy1111
Facebook!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:52 am

i'm also not sure why some are saying in other threads the jacket isn't accurate to the comics on the new one. when it's very X-men #1
maschine9
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:16 am

I’m glad they’re re-releasing this Rogue so all can have it, not interested at all in purchasing either of these.

Whoever in another thread mentioned this Rogue’s resemblance to Joan Crawford wasn’t wrong; not a fan of this era costume but the Juggernaut wave face and hair looked nicer than this (sadly)
StuartGreen83
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:31 am

I am disappointed with the Rogue face and the color of Gambit's boots, but if I had to pick between the two, I would buy Gambit. But since both are reportedly Target exclusives, I may pass on both. Gambit's new hair sculpt isn't enough to buy.

I am hoping this wave means we get re-releases of the Jim Lee costume for Cyclops and Jubilee (preferably with an optic blast for Cyclops and multi-colored fireworks blasts for Jubilee), but if they're Target exclusives, they are going to be a real pain in the butt to find. I never was able to find both the first time around. Since Wolverine and Storm are on the box art's upper left corner for Gambit and Rogue, does this mean we'll see silver suit Storm?
Raybot
Swears it's 6 inches

Tue Sep 29, 2020 8:47 am

Kind of split on these. If I buy them they might end up being the only figures I’ve ever only bought one of to keep on card. I like the vintage cards a lot and wish they’d get the animated team all somehow released this way (minus the Target exclusiveness).

Might swap the old Rogue head on here though. I like the green/yellows a little better as a match for the comics but I still like the old hair better and the new face paint isn’t selling me.

Gambit I’m frazzled on. Virtually the only thing I like is his coat and I’m 50/50 on if the new coat looks any better than the old one. The hair on the new one’s a pretty good match for the animated series, but I also never liked how the animated series made his hair all wavy. The Caliban version’s might’ve went overboard on all the hair slicked to one side but I think it got the general texture from the comics down better.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:26 pm

Very cool of Hasbro to offer refreshed looks for these two characters as I recall seeing interest in them being released again. For me, I think I prefer the original releases of both Rogue (prefer original head) and Gambit (prefer original colors), but it’s nice to have options.

Would be interesting to get Rogue in her old punk costume when she was a villain. And maybe a more modern hooded costume.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Baxter Building: The Unofficial Marvel Toy Board”