Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

The place to talk about ThunderCats toys from all the companies!
User avatar
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:19 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:50 pm

I would never know when to hate my figures if it weren't for you guys and your scrutinizing eyes. Kudos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Lasastard
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:53 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:07 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:50 pm
I would never know when to hate my figures if it weren't for you guys and your scrutinizing eyes. Kudos.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You know what, I was thinking basically the same thing the other day. As much as I love being part of a weird fandom (grown men collecting plastic people), it sometimes kills the fun how critical (and vocal!) some people are with this stuff :D I certainly don't even remember most of the details that people pick up on from back in the day... I almost skipped S7 Thundercats because 1-2 people kept trashing the line even before we had it in hand. And I am glad I pulled the trigger anyway, since they, to me, are great - even if they have some minor issues (that don't register with me...).
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 14803
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:11 pm

Yeah. It's super rude of people to have like... other opinions on the things they collect, or to voice their disappointment if something doesn't meet their standards. [email protected]#$' jerks.
User avatar
september_death
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Maryland
Posts: 9254
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:42 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:12 pm

Not that I want to excuse laziness or inaccuracy, but TCats Have been an exhausting roller coaster. I just want the impending waves plus one more to round out the second heroes and mutants. I’ll live with the inaccuracy if Super7 can match the Minimates releases.
User avatar
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:14 pm

MechaWrecka wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:28 am
Any updates on when the replacement parts for wave 1 are being sent out?
Adding on to that, any word if these are only being given to those who ordered the figures directly from Super7, if you need to make a special request and how they're handling all that? And even how to go about taking the figures apart to replace once you have received the new parts, and what's included? I feel like maybe I missed a post or video somewhere with all these details.
User avatar
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1051
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:19 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:38 pm

KnightDamien wrote:Yeah. It's super rude of people to have like... other opinions on the things they collect, or to voice their disappointment if something doesn't meet their standards. [email protected]#$' jerks.
I'm really not criticizing. I'm more amused than anything. I just don't have the eye for remembering details that a lot of you seem to have. I would think every figure I owned was 100% perfect if I didn't hang around here.

I probably have a hundred figures in my collection that are incorrectly assembled or have 2 right forearms and don't even know it. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 14803
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:45 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote: I'm really not criticizing. I'm more amused than anything. I just don't have the eye for remembering details that a lot of you seem to have. I would think every figure I owned was 100% perfect if I didn't hang around here.
Honestly.. I miss tons of details too. Part of it is being colorblind, so when people point out 'oh, that's the wrong blue...' like.. I had no idea. And part of it is just obliviousness. I still can't tell the difference between Boba Fett ESB and Boba Fett ROTJ. Still, it doesn't really matter to me that those things are huge deals to other people. You notice what you notice. If someone was like 'Lion-O is the wrong color' - if I didn't notice before, I probably don't care now.
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote: I probably have a hundred figures in my collection that are incorrectly assembled or have 2 right forearms and don't even know it. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
I had no idea the shoulders were swapped on the original MOTUC He-Man. No. Idea. And I never would have known, either.
I did notice the terrible paint on the face, though, so I'm still glad they went back and did a fixed figure.
Lasastard
HULK SMASH!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 67
Joined: Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:53 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:55 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:11 pm
Yeah. It's super rude of people to have like... other opinions on the things they collect, or to voice their disappointment if something doesn't meet their standards. [email protected]#$' jerks.
It was meant more as a "note to self" sort of comment. People have different ways of approaching the hobby, I think. Some are super particular about all the tiny details, and I am more like "oh cool, Lion-O, that will go great with my He-Man"
User avatar
VeeBee
Yeah, I was in the s#!%
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Never in my wildest imagination did I ever dream I would have ninjas like these.
Posts: 20948
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2004 5:38 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:34 pm

Evil Glow Mumm-Ra is fun. More tomorrow.Image
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Cafebar Read
Posts: 1485
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 5:01 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:15 am

I'm pretty forgiving about most mistakes/oversights but when you're paying $45 a figure I do think expecting more is justified. You charge a premium price you need to deliver a premium product.
User avatar
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 3707
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:53 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:27 am

Deckard wrote:I'm pretty forgiving about most mistakes/oversights but when you're paying $45 a figure I do think expecting more is justified. You charge a premium price you need to deliver a premium product.
Exactly this. These are not $20 mass market figures.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Detrimental_Fig
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 476
Joined: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:19 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:53 am

DennyCrane wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:14 pm
MechaWrecka wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:28 am
Any updates on when the replacement parts for wave 1 are being sent out?
Adding on to that, any word if these are only being given to those who ordered the figures directly from Super7, if you need to make a special request and how they're handling all that? And even how to go about taking the figures apart to replace once you have received the new parts, and what's included? I feel like maybe I missed a post or video somewhere with all these details.
According to the video interview Brian did, anyone who ordered the figures from anywhere will be able to get the replacement parts. How? I don't know. I'm not sure if you have to verify the purchase some way or what.
User avatar
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Los Angeles - City of Fallen Angels
Posts: 9054
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:01 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:33 am

Nebraska wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:27 am
Deckard wrote:I'm pretty forgiving about most mistakes/oversights but when you're paying $45 a figure I do think expecting more is justified. You charge a premium price you need to deliver a premium product.
Exactly this. These are not $20 mass market figures.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
No, they're not mass market toys. They're also made in numbers which are a fraction of the number of a mass market line. Less made; higher cost per figure. It may not be the only factor going into the $45 pricetag (which I do think is high), but there's a huge cost per unit difference between making 2000 units and 20,000 to 50,000 units.
User avatar
DennyCrane
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2160
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 am

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:17 pm

Deckard wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:15 am
I'm pretty forgiving about most mistakes/oversights but when you're paying $45 a figure I do think expecting more is justified. You charge a premium price you need to deliver a premium product.
Precisely. And a big reason they had a slow start (also why I've slowed on recent mezco product--too many corners being cut, having to "improve" $100 retail figures, etc.) As quality has improved, notice they're selling out faster. They're learning you can't just have limited production and put out sub-par product and still stay relevant a year later.
User avatar
herohunt
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 685
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:54 pm

Re: Super 7 Thundercats Ultimates

Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:51 pm

Good interview on Thundercats Ultimates with Brian Flynn here:
http://thundercats.org/2021/01/brian-fl ... nd-beyond/

Some good news and bad news... the bad news is that wave 2 probably won't be out until June. The good news is that wave 3 is very far along already and could be out before wave 2.

Also they fixed Tygra's arm already and he said the replacement parts for wave 1 will be out soon but he didn't say to who. I'm hoping everybody will get them but he doesn't say that.

Return to “Cats Lair: The Unofficial ThunderCats Forum”