Digimon Figures

Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right B, A, Start! - Here is the place to discuss toys related to video games!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Digimon Figures

Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm

la6689 wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:10 pm
The shodo figures are hitting stateside. Or have hit...but my store just got their shipment. I grabbed WarGreymon. He's good for the price point. Not sure if he'll be enough to keep me from the Figuarts version but I do like the idea of building the team out.
yeah i actually got war greymon about a month ago. he's a nice little figure and yes at $12.99 is a nice price, i would have prefered lower like $10 but it's cool. even though they're not scaled correctly i'll get the full team. i hope B&N can get the other waves, it would suck if they only got this set and that's it.
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:43 am

"The Figuarts Alphamon OuryukenPremium Color Edition figure includes:
the main figure itself
the cloak
the 'wire' components that hold the cloak
The 2 pieces that make up the Ouryuken (blade and handle)
Holy Sword Gradalpha
Left and Right thrusters with wing effects
A special stand set

It costs 10,450 yen and ships in September2021."
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 am

Honestly seeing this makes me hope they re-release Dukemon with the same treatment. Give that figure a cloth posable cape and rerelease Beelzemon along with him and you've got me twice over...
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble

Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:15 am

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 4:51 am
Honestly seeing this makes me hope they re-release Dukemon with the same treatment. Give that figure a cloth posable cape and rerelease Beelzemon along with him and you've got me twice over...
I can see them doing just that and reusing the sculpts for Dukemon Crimson mode and Beelzemon Blast mode.

Alphamon on Amazon with a December 15th 2021 release date (not affiliate).
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 am

Got in and built Figure-Rise Machinedramon today.

I'm beyond impressed.

The build was pretty fun with the only annoyance being a sticker not wanting to play nice with me. Took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to build but was so into it that I hardly felt the time. The final product is amazing for a model kit. He feels extremely solid and also incorporates points of articulation you'd expect from higher grade non-model figures. He has an extending torso hinge for deep crunches as well as a hinge to allow for side-to-side motion, extending shoulder joints that give him a huge range of arm motion. Leg articulation is phenomenal with extremely sturdy and strong ankle joints. Toes are individually articulated, as are the claws. His neck and tail use an interesting wire system to give them natural articulation without ball joints, though you need to be careful with trimming them in some cases to ensure things stay sturdy once assembled. Outside of that, rock solid all around.

Scale-wise he'll look best with either the Figuarts line or the Shodo releases since his size fits more with them than the non-scale Figure-Rise line. Super happy with this purchase and definitely glad the first shot at a design like this turned out so exceptional.
T-pose to show how far the articulation can go.
withfirewithin
Avengers Assemble

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:03 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:55 am
Got in and built Figure-Rise Machinedramon today.

I'm beyond impressed.

The build was pretty fun with the only annoyance being a sticker not wanting to play nice with me. Took about 3 1/2 to 4 hours to build but was so into it that I hardly felt the time. The final product is amazing for a model kit. He feels extremely solid and also incorporates points of articulation you'd expect from higher grade non-model figures. He has an extending torso hinge for deep crunches as well as a hinge to allow for side-to-side motion, extending shoulder joints that give him a huge range of arm motion. Leg articulation is phenomenal with extremely sturdy and strong ankle joints. Toes are individually articulated, as are the claws. His neck and tail use an interesting wire system to give them natural articulation without ball joints, though you need to be careful with trimming them in some cases to ensure things stay sturdy once assembled. Outside of that, rock solid all around.

Scale-wise he'll look best with either the Figuarts line or the Shodo releases since his size fits more with them than the non-scale Figure-Rise line. Super happy with this purchase and definitely glad the first shot at a design like this turned out so exceptional.
T-pose to show how far the articulation can go.
Machinedramon looks fantastic, especially with the figuarts. Huge and imposing with plenty of interesting mechanical details. Articulation isn't bad either, and I'm glad to hear the joints are sturdy. The incorporated posing wire is a great touch that lends itself well to the design. Weak joints on larger models were a concern since model joints are often constructed with brittle ABS. The gunmetal color isn't as plasticy as I feared but a repaint would even further elevate the kit. I can't wait for mine to arrive!
NEW BATMAN
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:27 am

So I found series 2 of the digimon shodo Figures, I picked up metal Garurumon to go with my war greymon.
Very cool little figure, great detail, again like with war greymon, I would have like them to be a little cheaper but they’re still cool.

Return to “Mushroom Kingdom: The Video Game Toy Board”